What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Zeke a sell? (1 Viewer)

KChusker

Footballguy
8 Team SF 0.5 PPR

My Team

QB: Watson

SF: Daniel Jones

RB: Zeke, CEH

WR: MT,  AJ Brown, Sutton

FLEX: Jonathan Taylor, McLaurin

TE: Kittle

Defense/Kicker: Steelers/Gould

Bench

QB: Darnold, Roethlisberger, Jordan Love

RB: Guice, Sony Michel, Damien Harris, Tarik Cohen

WR: Gallup, Diontae Johnson, Mims, Pittman, Anthony Miller, Parris Campbell, Bryan Edwards. Antonio Gandy Golden

TE: Hockenson, Gesicki

Colts Defense

RB lifespans seem to be short and many from the 2015 class (Gurley, Gordon) a year before Zeke have already seen their values collapse

Zeke’s fantasy production still has held, but he was a bit less explosive last year

My team is one of the better ones in the league but most likely not the best—if that makes a difference

Should any of these deals interest me?

Give: Zeke

Get: DJ Moore+2021 1st (late-likely 7 or 8 overall)+2021 3rd (likely 22-24 overall)

Get: Miles Sanders+2022 first+2021 2nd (likely 12-15 overall)+2022 2nd

Get: JK Dobbins+Deebo Samuel+2021 1st (likely 5-6 overall)

Last edited by a moderator:
In an 8-team league having elite guys isn't as important as in a 14 or 16 team league because every team has a few.   Losing Zeke takes away your only known RB.  Having Taylor and CEH is nice with quality upside but they have done nothing and you never know if they will pan out.  They should but there is a decent chance they flame out. 

You actually could use some help at QB as Jones is still a bit of a question mark until he proves he can take care of the ball.  I think he will but there is some risk there.  I would also want to get a chance at a Zeke replacement (stud can't miss prospect) to give him up and getting first round picks at the back end of the draft doesn't do that. 

These offers are ok but none that jump out as gotta take offers.  If the middle offer was two firsts and a second instead of two seconds and a first I would give it a little more thought.

I like the last offer but you take a big hit this year as Dobbins is at least a year away from having a chance to fulfill his potential.  I guess I would pass on all these offers as they just aren't enough.  If you do this you are punting on this year.  I don't see a need to do that.

I agree with your assessment of your team.  Overall, I think it's good but not great for an 8-teamer.....probably 3rd or 4th best.  You're average at QB, weak at RB2, below average at WR2 and WR3.   MT is great but his value isn't as high in a 1/2PPR.  Your flexes are just OK.  

That said, you do have a lot of upside and potential for a great team.  Personally, I would just hold Zeke.  None of those offers are the good, with Zeke EASILY being the best part of any of those deals.  Zeke should be elite for another 2-3 years.  RIde him along with MT.  Like Gally said, selling Zeke means that you don't think that you have a chance of winning the league now.  While I don't think you have the best team on paper, it's still a good team with potential to be great, and should be a contender.

Good luck

I have Zeke as well in an 8-team dynasty league.  With the three deals that you have laid out, I would pass on all three.

DJ Moore+2021 1st (late-likely 7 or 8 overall)+2021 3rd (likely 22-24 overall) -- DJ Moore is a good player in the deal, but I don't see him along with a 2021 late-first rounder and 3rd rounder as good compensation for Zeke.  Your getting a good player and 2 lottery tickets.

Miles Sanders+2022 first+2021 2nd (likely 12-15 overall)+2022 2nd -- the 2022 picks are a ways off and no real way to know where they will fall in the pecking order.  And as fightingillini said, with it being 1/2 ppr, Sanders value is capped.

JK Dobbins+Deebo Samuel+2021 1st (likely 5-6 overall) -- This one sounds the best of the three to me.  But Dobbins is an unknown that most likely is a year away from being a big fantasy contributor.  I like Deebo the player, but in SF, I think it will end up being a coin toss as to who will have the big game each week.

My personal experience in our 8-team league is that the Round 1 picks are overvalued by the owners and the same may hold true for your league.  Over the last three years, I have not had a Round 1 pick.  With only 8 teams, there are still plenty of solid players to get in the 2nd round.  I have traded away my 1st along with one or two flex-type players to get a "proven" player.  Last year, it was my 1.8, Josh Reynolds, and Justin Jackson (at the time Gordon was holding out and we didn't know how big Ekeler would be) for D. Adams.  With my 2nd rounder, I still got AJ Brown at 2.16.   The year before, I picked up Kerryon at 2.15.  Before that, Connor at 3.6.  Granted, I've been quite lucky, but point being their are plenty of guys to be had in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of an 8-team league.

Keep Zeke and sniff around to see which owners in your league covet that 1st rounder and see if you can find that proven 2nd QB.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread