What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It’s that time again. What do YOU need on MNF? (1 Viewer)

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
Today & today only, I care about your FFB team. Your wants, your needs - heck even your emotions. Let it out, cry a little. :popcorn:

Maybe someone will give you a hug. :wub:  

Probably not though.  :sadbanana:

But mainly this topic is to tell us what you need to win on MNF!  

I’ll go first: 

I have a 3.2 point lead & (gulp) Mark Ingram. My opponent has Michael Thomas.  Yep - I pretty much lost. 

What about you? Go!  

Ps - if you need nothing, and have already won, take it to the bragging/gloating topic - this ain’t that topic.  :penalty:  

Down 7, I have Lutz vs my opponent's AP.  I need AP to pull a hammy in warmups......and even then it might not be enough.

Can believe I may lose because Eric Ebron careered.

Michael Thomas and Jordan Reed to not get more than 48pts in big league.  In fact Michael Thomas to hopefully have a real quite night, I'm in 14 leagues and probably playing against him in 5 or 6. 

Michael Thomas to score but not too much. Need him and Will Lutz to get me 18 in one league but need him and Brees to score less than Ingram and 18 in another. 

For the subscriber contest (which is most important at the moment), I'm up 5.5 and have Alex Smith -6.45.  So a couple of TDs from him would be nice.  The Saints have given up the second most TDs per game through the air, so I feel pretty good about that. 

In my 28-year keeper league, I'm getting destroyed in the standings at 1-3, but this should be an easy win as I'm up 23 with Alex Smith and Vonn Bell going against his Drew Brees and Cam Jordan. If all players score their average, I should win by 15.

I have one league where I'm down 14, but have Alvin Kamara, so... I guess 15 points would be good.

And in my final league, I need Drew Brees not to outscore Alex Smith by 80 points.  

It's been a pretty good week.

Luck I think.  Up 36.5 against the undefeated #1 team.  I am done and he has Brees and Lutz.  6pt pass tds, -1 per int, the only saving grace is yardage is 3 points at 250 and +1 each addl 25. 

So if Brees gets 300 yds and 4 tds (no ints) that's 29 points and he would only need 1 FGs and 5 XP from Lutz. Worse yet FG are 3 up to 39, 4 up to 49, 5 up to 55 and 6 56 and beyond.

So I have a hunch I am going to lose a heart breaker here.  Here's hoping for a big ground game from Kamara and Ingram and nothing for Brees.

Other league is better - I am done +74.5 and opponent has Paul Richardson.  I had a good week, he had a good week - but I had a REALLY GOOD week. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Luck I think.  Up 36.5 against the undefeated #1 team.  I am done and he has Brees and Lutz.  6pt pass tds, -1 per int, the only saving grace is yardage is 3 points at 250 and +1 each addl 25. 

So if Brees gets 300 yds and 4 tds (no ints) that's 29 points and he would only need 1 FGs and 5 XP from Lutz. Worse yet FG are 3 up to 39, 4 up to 49, 5 up to 55 and 6 56 and beyond.

So I have a hunch I am going to lose a heart breaker here.  Here's hoping for a big ground game from Kamara and Ingram and nothing for Brees.

Other league is better - I am done +74.5 and opponent has Paul Richardson.  I had a good week, he had a good week - but I had a REALLY GOOD week. 
you just need ingram's return to result in 2017 brees returning and you'll be fine tonight

Up 30 with no guys left. Opponent has Alex Smith tonight. As long as the Saints D can keep him from putting up 3/4 TDs or a deep bomb to somebody, I should be okay. Pretty much as long as Saints keep him from having his best performance this season.

down 2.4 points in my main league.  I have Ingram, Reed and Demario Davis (IDP league).  He has two IDPs.  Better not be close.

other league, I'm down 25.72 points.  I have Ingram.  Need a couple of TDs to have any chance.  Still might be a stretch.  I got Ebron'd

I need 12.91 pts combined between Jordan Reed and Wil Lutz.  Just hoping Lutz has at least 2 FG's, and Reed gets more than 2 catches.  I'll be sweating if it's a low scoring affair, or if Reed "pulls a Reed". 

Need 7 points out of Thompson in one league 

I’ve already won the other, but still have the option of Ingram or Thompson for high score of the week....do I go all in on Thompson, or play Ingram and have options on both sides 

To be honest, I never understood this thread, as while it's super nice of @Hot Sauce Guy to start it and create some commiseration around needs, I always doubted that there was commiseration and this was simply a hollow effort to get what you needed out into the ether in the naive hopes that doing so, good Karma from the FF gods would shine down on your team. 

But since this is the first time I actually could use some good Karma, I'll stop peeing on the parade and throw my hat in the ring.

According to Yahoo, had a >90% chance of winning before Ertz went off and literally tied up my opponent's team with mine. We are both 3-1 and with other 3-1 teams falling this week, this could be extremely meaningful in terms of standings separation at the key 1/4 mile post in the season.

I have Brees.

He has Chris Thompson.

And I am browning my shorts.

This is 2/3 pt PPR, and Thompson is currently leading the team in targets, commanding about a 27.6% share so far this year of all receiving targets - next guy has a full 8 targets less. Thompson is second in receiving yards/game and has a whopping 114 YAC, heavily used in third down situations with the most 1st down conversions in the passing game. He's no slouch as a runner, and while Peterson is the main back which puts a cap on his carries, CT is averaging 5.5 y/r and 27.7 yards/game. Crowder being dinged only puts CT more in focus as a receiver.

On my side of the ball, Brees has a rough match up as the Skins are solid, allowing just shy of 200 yards/game. Josh Norman and Quinton Dunbar are no slouches, with very solid safety play from Swearinger. They also can generate some pass rush as well. Add in to the fact that with Ingram returning, and Kamara potentially limited a little with a knee (he's active but don't know the true extent of how it hampers him until he plays) the run/pass mix may slant to the run.

Finally, game script is not in my favor, as Wash sits 30th so far in scoring. So it may be that the Saints may not have to turn on their jets to outpace a high octane offense. And if the Saints somehow are up early, can see them turn to the ground and pound while WAS tries to keep up with CT. 

So very, very nervous about this one. I can easily see this not going my way very, very easily.

Good luck to all, may Karma favor us.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got Ebron'd as well; but, I'm only down 3 points. I have Lutz on deck. I should be alright...but

Do I really want to rely on a kicker for the win?  :loco:

To be honest, I never understood this thread, as while it's super nice of @Hot Sauce Guy to start it and create some commiseration around needs, I always doubted that there was commiseration and this was simply a hollow effort to get what you needed out into the ether in the naive hopes that doing so, good Karma from the FF gods would shine down on your team. 
I’ve always found them to be cathartic. 

Maybe you’ve got a slim chance but have lost hope. Maybe you’ve got none chance & are overly optimistic. 

Sometimes putting words to paper (screen) helps one to see more clearly the situation they’re in - sometimes others will see it & point it out for ya.   :shrug:

But since this is the first time I actually could use some good Karma, I'll stop peeing on the parade and throw my hat in the ring.
Welcome! :wub:  

According to Yahoo, had a >90% chance of winning before Ertz went off and literally tied up my opponent's team with mine. We are both 3-1 and with other 3-1 teams falling this week, this could be extremely meaningful in terms of standings separation at the key 1/4 mile post in the season.

I have Brees.

He has Chris Thompson.

And I am browning my shorts.

This is 2/3 pt PPR, and Thompson is currently leading the team in targets, commanding about a 27.6% share so far this year of all receiving targets - next guy has a full 8 targets less. Thompson is second in receiving yards/game and has a whopping 114 YAC, heavily used in third down situations with the most 1st down conversions in the passing game. He's no slouch as a runner, and while Peterson is the main back which puts a cap on his carries, CT is averaging 5.5 y/r and 27.7 yards/game. Crowder being dinged only puts CT more in focus as a receiver.

On my side of the ball, Brees has a rough match up as the Skins are solid, allowing just shy of 200 yards/game. Josh Norman and Quinton Dunbar are no slouches, with very solid safety play from Swearinger. They also can generate some pass rush as well. Add in to the fact that with Ingram returning, and Kamara potentially limited a little with a knee (he's active but don't know the true extent of how it hampers him until he plays) the run/pass mix may slant to the run.

Finally, game script is not in my favor, as Wash sits 30th so far in scoring. So it may be that the Saints may not have to turn on their jets to outpace a high octane offense. And if the Saints somehow are up early, can see them turn to the ground and pound while WAS tries to keep up with CT. 

So very, very nervous about this one. I can easily see this not going my way very, very easily.

Good luck to all, may Karma favor us.
Good luck!   :pickle:

Need Mark Ingram to score 19.9 in one league to win. Need Mark Ingram to score less than 15.6 in another league to hold my lead. Both PPR scoring. I am going to be pissed if he score a some where in the middle of that. 

Users who are viewing this thread