What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It was a tremendous raid. (1 Viewer)

Just curious about your thoughts about why dems are scared of Trump (outside of him trying to steal an election and turn his followers to try to prevent the peaceful transition of power that is). He barely won in 2016 helped greatly by the Comey announcement, Hillary's horrible appeal, and 3rd party candidates. The House election was a landslide against Trump 2 years later. The Senate gained like two seats when they should have gained more due to the overwhelming number of dems up for reelection. He got curbstomped in 2020 and single handedly lost the Senate in Georgia.
Agreed. I don't know why Dems would be "terrified" of Trump. That's a right-wing narrative to help fuel the message that the left is out to get him. He lost the popular vote both times, lost the White House, the Senate, and the House. His major accomplishments were appointing conservative judges that were teed up for him by the Federalist Society.

He managed to turn GA and AZ blue. That's something I guess.
Don is the most beatable candidate the Republicans have IMO.

Him winning the nom however would be a bad thing in the big picture for the country and amazingly depressing.

Is there any chance we can just stop replying to people who have made it beyond clear they aren't interested in serious discussion? It just clutters up the threads.
Where's the fun in that?!?!?!?! Have to admit, it's pretty entertaining to see the lengths people will go to right? It must be some world where people don't even believe the lawyers of "their guy" right?

Trump considering releasing surveillance footage of FBI Mar-a-Lago search

Some allies of former President Donald Trump are urging him to publicly release surveillance footage of FBI agents executing a search warrant on his Mar-a-Lago residence, a proposal that has drawn mixed reaction inside his orbit, CNN has learned.
The CCTV footage has been so closely held that aides to the former President aren't sure if he has seen it in full himself, said a person close to Trump.
"I don't think it's been shared by anyone outside of the attorneys," this person said.
Yet when asked earlier this week by Fox's Sean Hannity whether the footage would be released, Trump's son Eric said, "Absolutely Sean, at the right time. "

Some of Trump's aides and allies have encouraged the former President to make some of the footage available to the public, believing it could send a jolt of energy through the Republican Party's base. One person familiar with the conversations said there have been discussions about featuring the August footage in campaign-style ads, believing the footage could bolster Trump's claims of political persecution.
Another person close to Trump said it's not a matter of if the former President and his team release any of the footage, but when, noting it could be released before he makes a campaign announcement.

Others in Trump's orbit have warned of the potential risks to the former President if he does release the tapes. A second person close to Trump cautioned that releasing the footage could backfire by providing people with a visual understanding of the sheer volume of materials that federal agents seized from his oceanfront residence, :ROFLMAO:including classified materials.
I think it’s a great idea if I’m advising Trump. Kick off his campaign by showing heavily edited clips of the “raid” that make it look like the cops descending on the Griswold Household circa Christmas Eve 1989.

They will swallow that hook whole.

When I heard this yesterday I had a sinking feeling based on the election fraud stuff. Remember that surveillance video from Georgia, I believe, where it was a woman who took a box of ballots out from under the table and started scanning them? And Trumpland was screaming to the heavens this was video footage of election fraud. And I watched the video a dozen times and for the life of me could not figure out how I was watching fraud - I saw a woman take a box of ballots from under a table and start scanning them.

I think this released surveillance will unfortunately be the same way. We'll see FBI agents searching through documents. And the right wing internet will declare proof that it is video of the FBI planting documents.

Keep at it guys, Stealthy is almost convince, I can feel it. Another 5 or 6 pages of replies to him an who knows, he might admit Trump committed a “process crime”, maybe.
It’s really amazing. He claimed that he is keeping an open mind to the whole thing, then less than 24 hours later says he isn’t going to trust anything from the DOJ/FBI relating to this. Then he says he would trust an independent counsel if they ruled on this, but the independent counsel must be comprised solely of Trump sycophants.

Then there is the JFK stuff….

I think this released surveillance will unfortunately be the same way. We'll see FBI agents searching through documents. And the right wing internet will declare proof that it is video of the FBI planting documents.
Yep.
Some agent will use the bathroom. Be gone for 3 minutes.

Tucker will be on TV with constipated face, "Can the FBI account for that 180 seconds?"

Are we even sure Trump was president and would have had access to this information? I mean, I'm not going to trust the media and government who told me he was president. I'm going to keep an open mind on this until it is independently verified by some random, completely unbiased but just happens to agree with everything I think Youtube source.

Just curious about your thoughts about why dems are scared of Trump (outside of him trying to steal an election and turn his followers to try to prevent the peaceful transition of power that is). He barely won in 2016 helped greatly by the Comey announcement, Hillary's horrible appeal, and 3rd party candidates. The House election was a landslide against Trump 2 years later. The Senate gained like two seats when they should have gained more due to the overwhelming number of dems up for reelection. He got curbstomped in 2020 and single handedly lost the Senate in Georgia.

Do you think after all that's happened that MORE people support Trump now? Or are you betting that we'll still have 9% inflation in 2 years and be in a recession? Because that's the only way Trump has a chance, if the economy is completely in the crapper, which it won't be. History tells us this.

because if it wasn't for Covid Trump would have won in 2020 IMO ..... and yes, with the disaster that Biden has brought unto the American people by way of record gas prices, record inflation, the Afghanistan debacle, the humanitarian crisis on the southern border, the trillions added to the national debt and many other things ..... I think a GOP candidate is a shoe in for 2024

now, why are Democrats scared of Trump? same reason they were in 2016, he threatens to undo all the agenda they've passed whereas another GOP candidate might not

plus they hate Trump unlike any Republican person ever - they'd do ANYTHING to stop him from being elected in 2024. I really believe that too - anything

So again…which democrats are behind it? The FBI director? Agents? The judge?
All lying? All democrats?

I don't have to finger individuals - time will tell who the liars are here

Might be Trump, might be the DOJ and others. I hope we all can agree once the truth comes out though

Then he says he would trust an independent counsel if they ruled on this, but the independent counsel must be comprised solely of Trump sycophants.

I was making a point only - that a pure GOP Trump committee wouldn't be acceptable to the left - and an all anti-Trump committee isn't going to be acceptable to the right either

Are we even sure Trump was president and would have had access to this information? I mean, I'm not going to trust the media and government who told me he was president. I'm going to keep an open mind on this until it is independently verified by some random, completely unbiased but just happens to agree with everything I think Youtube source.

well you've had 5 years of information vs 10 days here .... very comparable example :confused:

Yep.
Some agent will use the bathroom. Be gone for 3 minutes.

Tucker will be on TV with constipated face, "Can the FBI account for that 180 seconds?"
What is this . . . Deflategate?

well you've had 5 years of information vs 10 days here .... very comparable example
Obviously 10 days isn't sufficient, regardless of the evidence. Neither is 5 years. I'm waiting to see it play out before rushing to judgment, so let's call it 10 years. Of course, if the conclusion is that Trump was never our president, I'll accept that immediately and without question.

Might be Trump, might be the DOJ and others. I hope we all can agree once the truth comes out though
If you haven't yet accepted the proof that he legitimately lost the 2020 election, I can't imagine the level of proof you'd need to decide he's lying about this.

Trump aides think a family member informed on him to the FBI because agents knew where to find a specific leather case, report says

According to the sources, some aides were convinced that only a family member would have known to point agents to a particular leather-bound box, as well as knowing the location of Trump's safe.

Ivanka: "Bury my mother on a golf course, will ya? The safe's around back boys. Also check the basement." (as seen on social media).

Mary Trump came out after they visited and thought it was Kushner.

Trump aides think a family member informed on him to the FBI because agents knew where to find a specific leather case, report says

According to the sources, some aides were convinced that only a family member would have known to point agents to a particular leather-bound box, as well as knowing the location of Trump's safe.

Ivanka: "Bury my mother on a golf course, will ya? The safe's around back boys. Also check the basement." (as seen on social media).

"The calls are coming from inside the house!"

Then he says he would trust an independent counsel if they ruled on this, but the independent counsel must be comprised solely of Trump sycophants.

I was making a point only - that a pure GOP Trump committee wouldn't be acceptable to the left - and an all anti-Trump committee isn't going to be acceptable to the right either
Assuming by the bold you mean the Jan 6, committee which is a different topic, but can you explain why you're focused on the broadcasters and not the message from the messengers?

Mary Trump came out after they visited and thought it was Kushner.
I was thinking he, his daughter, or both. Young people that have their whole lives, lives that 99.99% of the world can only dream of, ahead of them. Why risk that?

Trump considering releasing surveillance footage of FBI Mar-a-Lago search

Some allies of former President Donald Trump are urging him to publicly release surveillance footage of FBI agents executing a search warrant on his Mar-a-Lago residence, a proposal that has drawn mixed reaction inside his orbit, CNN has learned.
The CCTV footage has been so closely held that aides to the former President aren't sure if he has seen it in full himself, said a person close to Trump.
"I don't think it's been shared by anyone outside of the attorneys," this person said.
Yet when asked earlier this week by Fox's Sean Hannity whether the footage would be released, Trump's son Eric said, "Absolutely Sean, at the right time. "

Some of Trump's aides and allies have encouraged the former President to make some of the footage available to the public, believing it could send a jolt of energy through the Republican Party's base. One person familiar with the conversations said there have been discussions about featuring the August footage in campaign-style ads, believing the footage could bolster Trump's claims of political persecution.
Another person close to Trump said it's not a matter of if the former President and his team release any of the footage, but when, noting it could be released before he makes a campaign announcement.

Others in Trump's orbit have warned of the potential risks to the former President if he does release the tapes. A second person close to Trump cautioned that releasing the footage could backfire by providing people with a visual understanding of the sheer volume of materials that federal agents seized from his oceanfront residence, :ROFLMAO:including classified materials.
If the video happens to show classified materials, then that video becomes classified. So, releasing it would be a breach.

"The calls are coming from inside the house!"
My money is on Melania.

In other words…you made baseless claims blaming democrats for things and you are unable to or unwilling to back up the assertions you made?

This should eliminate any thought that the judge was in the pocket of the DOJ.

Judge rules DOJ must redact Trump affidavit in preparation for potential release

A federal magistrate judge has given the Department of Justice one week to provide a redacted copy of the affidavit used to justify the unprecedented FBI search of former President Trump's Mar-a-Lago residence, saying that he believes the affidavit should be partially released.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart ruled the DOJ must turn over the redacted version by next Thursday at noon. The affidavit will remain sealed during any appeals, he said.

This should eliminate any thought that the judge was in the pocket of the DOJ.

Judge rules DOJ must redact Trump affidavit in preparation for potential release

A federal magistrate judge has given the Department of Justice one week to provide a redacted copy of the affidavit used to justify the unprecedented FBI search of former President Trump's Mar-a-Lago residence, saying that he believes the affidavit should be partially released.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart ruled the DOJ must turn over the redacted version by next Thursday at noon. The affidavit will remain sealed during any appeals, he said.
This decision is pretty shocking. Just another talking point in the making though. It will be HEAVILY redacted.

It’s going to be heavily redacted - will be limited to some information about the mal search.

Surprised Judge ordered redaction and didn’t keep it sealed.

CDoNtUDZ_mini.jpg

Hugo Lowell

@hugolowell
· 1h
NEW: Unsealed Trump Mar-a-Lago search warrant application cover sheet offers the DOJ’s description of potential crimes: — Wilful retention of national defense information — Concealment or removal of govt records — Obstruction of federal investigation

--------------- (a reply below)----------------

Tracy Walder

@tracy_walder
·
1h

The biggest issue here is “willful retention of national defense information”. This isn’t an “oops I accidentally took home classified docs” moment. This is keeping them for an unknown intended purpose. That’s the scary part.
Quote Tweet

So, when "the truth" comes out, what sources will you actually trust to convey this truth to you?

do you think eventually everyone will pretty much agree ?

Bill did have sex with that woman, GW won in 2000, Trump didn't collude with Russia/Putin, vaccine don't stop you from getting covid, Biden won in 2020 only because of mail in balloting .......... there is a lot that was divided on, the left believing one thing, the right believing another until the truths finally came out

Trump here, in 10 days, .... he had nuclear codes, they didn't have his passports, now a family member turned him in ..... is it a wonder that people are skeptical about all this ?

and if Trump did have classified things, documents he wasn't supposed to have, that truth will come out too

Willful retention of national defense information.

It’s going to be heavily redacted - will be limited to some information about the mal search.

Surprised Judge ordered redaction and didn’t keep it sealed.
He did keep it sealed. (That could eventually change, but he wants to see the redactions and the explanation for them first.)

Now that Trump is under investigation for mishandling classified materials and the available evidence is overwhelming pointing towards his guilt, Republicans are not only saying Trump shouldn’t be prosecuted for breaking a law with escalated penalties that he himself signed into law, they are using the investigation itself as an excuse to vote for Trump again.

I've not seen anybody say that ... like, nobody

Skeptical of what was taken from mar a lago absolutely, don't trust the DOJ and Govt and suspect political agenda yessir .. I've not seen anyone say Trump shouldn't be held accountable IF he did illegal things that he's being accused of

If you haven't yet accepted the proof that he legitimately lost the 2020 election, I can't imagine the level of proof you'd need to decide he's lying about this.
Lol exactly. /thread. Game set match.

View attachment 2939

Hugo Lowell

@hugolowell
· 1h
NEW: Unsealed Trump Mar-a-Lago search warrant application cover sheet offers the DOJ’s description of potential crimes: — Wilful retention of national defense information — Concealment or removal of govt records — Obstruction of federal investigation

--------------- (a reply below)----------------

Tracy Walder
@tracy_walder
·
1h

The biggest issue here is “willful retention of national defense information”. This isn’t an “oops I accidentally took home classified docs” moment. This is keeping them for an unknown intended purpose. That’s the scary part.
Quote Tweet
yea but that's only from the untrustworthy courts, DOJ, democrats, and RINOS.

What is Trump saying? That's what counts.

You aren't saying this is a bad thing to do, are you? I'm sure not one single person in his orbit told DJT that he couldn't and shouldn't take and keep stuff like this and leave it lying around (or in boxes, unsecured,) to look back on fondly in his waning years. I mean come on, the photos and graphics are just so neat and cool. (Forget about the pages with words on them, he couldn't read or comprehend them.) 10-to-1 he had intentions of framing the photos and graphics to display all around Mar-a-Lago. Especially where members and visitors could see them. (Of course, that is pure speculation on my part but, it would sync perfectly with his narcissistic personality, coupled with his inherent desire to be popular, special and loved.)

Not once during his entire presidency (or ever in his life,) did he show concern for anyone other than himself. The only things he was concerned about during that time was; 1.) his popularity (mainly on Twitter but, everywhere really,) 2.) whether the media said nice things about him; and 3.) how much he could enrich himself through his position as President. Every single thing he said or did had one or more of those three things as a basis for his words/actions. Every. Single. Thing.

Anyone can post anything they want that he said or did during his presidency and I'll show you how one or more of those three things was the underlying basis for those words and/or actions.

Users who are viewing this thread