What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

J-E-T-S Which JET JET JET WR to cut? (1 Viewer)

Triangles

Footballguy
I drafted two Jets WRs back to back at the end of my draft and now need to cut one to make a waiver claim. How would you rate second-year player Elijah Moore versus early first round pick Garrett Wilson, for this season and longer-term? FBG currently has Moore rated quite a bit higher than Wilson. Thanks in advance!

I assume you're talking redraft here - in that case, definitely cut Wilson over Moore if you need to cut one of them.

If it were keeper/dynasty, I would keep them both (or even better, trade one).

I thought this was going to be a Berrios/Corey Davis question.

Obvious answer is between Wilson and Moore is Wilson but I think you'll regret it later and I mean in redraft.

Thanks for all the feedback so far. It's a redraft league and I drafted only one Defense and one K, who is Butker and he's looking at missing tomorrow night's game. I thought I wouldn't have to worry about picking up a bye week kicker for another 7 weeks. Our league is somewhat unique in that it's a rotisserie-style league and kickers can score as much as a decent RB or WR any given week because longer distance FGs are worth more points. The two Jets WRs I asked about are the lowest ranked of my rostered players except for Brian Robinson, who I view as a second half lottery ticket when Gibson's fumble-itis inevitably returns. I hesitate to cut Robinson to get my injury replacement kicker. Waivers run tomorrow afternoon, so I have only a little time to swing a trade.

Thanks for all the feedback so far. It's a redraft league and I drafted only one Defense and one K, who is Butker and he's looking at missing tomorrow night's game. I thought I wouldn't have to worry about picking up a bye week kicker for another 7 weeks. Our league is somewhat unique in that it's a rotisserie-style league and kickers can score as much as a decent RB or WR any given week because longer distance FGs are worth more points. The two Jets WRs I asked about are the lowest ranked of my rostered players except for Brian Robinson, who I view as a second half lottery ticket when Gibson's fumble-itis inevitably returns. I hesitate to cut Robinson to get my injury replacement kicker. Waivers run tomorrow afternoon, so I have only a little time to swing a trade.
Can’t you just get another kicker to replace Butker? He’s good and all but there are others out there too and who knows how long Butker will be out. If he’s back you can always try to snag him off waivers.

Don't cut one of these guys for a kicker. Just drop Butker.

Probably belongs in Assistant Coach thread, but you seem new here and to fantasy, so hopefully people's advice in here helps.

Drop Butker. Zero question here. Most people's leagues have FG's counting from longer distances, and most people's kickers can score as much as a WR/RB in a week. That said, it's still fairly irrelevant to have a 'good kicker'. Butker might miss a bunch of time, and it's not like he has such an advantage over everyone else. I'm willing to be he doesn't end in the top 5 of K this year, and probably not even in the top 10.

Drop Butker and don't think twice about it. Keep both Jets WRs.

Users who are viewing this thread