What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

J. Herbert (@LV) or T. Hill (vs KC)? (1 Viewer)

J. Herbert (@LV) or T. Hill (vs KC)?

• T. Hill (vs KC)?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • J. Herbert (@LV)

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

kyoun1e

Footballguy
4 points per TD pass.

Tough decision here in the semis. Been rolling with Herbert for a while, but somebody just dropped T. Hill for whatever reason.

* J. Herbert @LV -- Clearly a good matchup and he lit them up before for 23 FPTs. LV also has 4 defensive starters out tonight. Thursday night game which always seem to create oddness. Herbert has been a bit more conservative lately and it looks like K. Allen and M. Williams are GTDs. I'd think his floor is solid, but there is a chance they run quite a bit on this D after J. Taylor ran all over them.

Key Note: My opponent is also starting both A. Ekeler and H. Henry tonight. Have a baaaad feeling Ekeler is going off especially if K. Allen and M. Williams are out.

* T. Hill vs KC -- Latest reports have NO in no hurry to get Brees back. Looks doubtful for this game at best. Hill with a bit of a downer game, but this game is at home and KC can't seem to stop anyone. Tua looked like a hero last week. Hill's rushing almost guarantees a solid floor here and you could see a Hill run centric plan here to slow down KC. On the flip side, you could also see NO playing from behind and Hill in comeback mode rushing and passing. 

Looking for some help here.

Thanks

I have the same two QB in my league (as well as Cousins).

My concerns with Hill are that KC could get up big quickly and that takes away the Saints running game, which Hill's floor is very dependent on.  And, with the running game gone, can Hill perform under pressure or will the Chiefs D (knowing the pass is coming) shut him down/pick him off?  Hill looked terrible against the Eagles in the first half last week as the Saints were shut out.  He looked better in the second half but his first half stink hasn't worn off for me.

My concern with Herbert is the Chargers play calling has been perplexing lately and Herbert has definitely cooled off.  Rookie wall?  I also generally shade Thursday night players, even more so if they are the Away team.  With Allen & Williams gimpy that doesn't help either.

In light of all that I'm still leaning towards Herbert.  He has shown over a larger sample size what his average floor and ceiling are.  Whereas there just isn't enough tape on Hill for me to trust him in my semi finals.

I have the same two QB in my league (as well as Cousins).

My concerns with Hill are that KC could get up big quickly and that takes away the Saints running game, which Hill's floor is very dependent on.  And, with the running game gone, can Hill perform under pressure or will the Chiefs D (knowing the pass is coming) shut him down/pick him off?  Hill looked terrible against the Eagles in the first half last week as the Saints were shut out.  He looked better in the second half but his first half stink hasn't worn off for me.

My concern with Herbert is the Chargers play calling has been perplexing lately and Herbert has definitely cooled off.  Rookie wall?  I also generally shade Thursday night players, even more so if they are the Away team.  With Allen & Williams gimpy that doesn't help either.

In light of all that I'm still leaning towards Herbert.  He has shown over a larger sample size what his average floor and ceiling are.  Whereas there just isn't enough tape on Hill for me to trust him in my semi finals.
Sound analysis. Thanks.

On the Hill concern, I'd think that even if they fall behind and are in catchup mode, Hill may take the rushing lanes that open up. Still think he runs in that situation.

Schefty reporting that Mike Williams is not expected to play and Allen is gimpy at best. Not good.

An added variable for me is my opponent is playing both Ekeler and Henry. I almost want to bench Herbert just because the best case scenario from a competitive standpoint is for the entire LAC offense to get into a funk. 

Well, maybe my decision is made for me:

Drew Brees (ribs) has taken some first-team reps in practice this week and has a chance to start Week 15 against Kansas City. 

This report certainly conflicts with Saints head coach Sean Payton saying Thursday that Brees has "a ways to go" before coming back from breaking 11 ribs last month. The team has not ruled out Brees for Week 15 but he still looks like a long shot. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said the Saints would be bring back Brees until he was fully recovered from his rib injury. Expect Taysom Hill to draw another start for New Orleans in a potential shootout with the Chiefs. 

That's a rough decision.... you must have Adams and ??? as your WR1/2?   I don't see how else Hill can be benchable.

But it's superflex.  You gotta start a top QB option at that spot every time.

Users who are viewing this thread