What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

J. Stewart (1 Viewer)

Deuce'sWild

Footballguy
Or is it all the D. Will show again? Seems like there should be plenty of cake to eat for everyone in the Car offense this week. With SJax's labia keeping him out this week, it's down to J. Stew or Pittman for me.

Anyone else taking a flyer on Stewart this week? Maybe some garbage time Tds?

With Steven Jackson out I am starting Stewart over McGahee. I could see both Williams & Stewart having good days.

Is he 100% healthy? Or, are they gonna ease him back in? If he's completely fine, I could see them giving him a decent load, especially with a big lead. Get his confidence going, get him in the endzone, stuff like that...

I don't know Carolina and Fox like others here, so I'd like to find out if my thinking has any merit.

Stewart put in a full week of practice and Fox said he wants to get him more involved than he's been in recent weeks.

I could see Stewart getting about 15 touches and about 80 yards and a score with a chance of 2 scores. I wouldn't be shocked if he outproduced DeAngelo this week. Especially if/when the Panthers get up big. I think Stewart's a decent RB2 this week.

Stewart put in a full week of practice and Fox said he wants to get him more involved than he's been in recent weeks.I could see Stewart getting about 15 touches and about 80 yards and a score with a chance of 2 scores. I wouldn't be shocked if he outproduced DeAngelo this week. Especially if/when the Panthers get up big. I think Stewart's a decent RB2 this week.
That's kind of what I am thinking too. They know what D. Will can do and might want to give him a little rest with the lead. Stewart has been limited to about 10 carries the past few weeks and they may want to see what the rookie can do (if he is indeed healthy)

I'll start him when he does something. Hopefully it's not too late by then. I'm going with Addai and Kevin Smith instead.
Wow, then is the last time Addai did ANYTHING? And K. Smith vs a solid Panthers run def is very risky....good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll start him when he does something. Hopefully it's not too late by then. I'm going with Addai and Kevin Smith instead.
Wow, then is the last time Addai did ANYTHING? And K. Smith vs a solid Panthers run def is very risky....good luck.
Yeah I would much rather start JStew instead of KSmith this week. I need to choose between JStew and LJ which is a bit harder for me to flesh out. If I assume similar # of carries I think JStew is the pick. If I assume LJ gets a full load then I gotta go with him.

puckalicious said:
Deuce said:
Addai said:
Yeah I would much rather start JStew instead of KSmith this week. I need to choose between JStew and LJ which is a bit harder for me to flesh out. If I assume similar # of carries I think JStew is the pick. If I assume LJ gets a full load then I gotta go with him.
I have to choose between these two .. IMO LJ gets more carries going with him

i'm starting Stewart over Steve Slaton in my highest $$$ league (PPR). Not that confident that it's the right call, more like a gut call here.

i'm starting Stewart over Steve Slaton in my highest $$$ league (PPR). Not that confident that it's the right call, more like a gut call here.
Happy losing.
I dont follow conventional rankings, those are generally the losing strategy. No guts, No glory. just like when i benched Turner for Stewart week 4, someone said the "Happy losing" :mellow:

as someone who has watched every single Panthers and Lions game this year, I would recommend starting both DeAngelo and Stewart.

I wouldn't consider Pittman for a tenth of a second if I had Stewart as an option.
Can you please explain this? I dont think its that easy of a call. Stewart has been hurting and useless lately while DWill has been a beast...are you banking on garbage time for JStew?Meanwhile, Pittman seems to be the one getting the bulk of the carries in STL. Yes, Stl sucks and the Niners have a pretty good run defense, but even FBG projects Pittman to outscore JStew.

Stewart had a full week of practice. Fox has said he wants to get him more involved. No way Lions will keep this close, thus a LOT of running. Lions run (and pass) D is horrid.

Pittman does not impress me. Hightower is a better back, and did little vs the 49ers last week.

I just think Stewart is the obvious start between the 2. Just my opinion of course.

I may be on a different planet that some guys here, but I see DW emerging as the steader load-bearer in Carolina. I'd lean away from JS, especially as he's slowly getting back into the mix.

I appreciate the guys in this thread that convinced me to start Stewart about 30 minutes before kickoff. I had Lendale White locked in all week and wasn't thinking twice about. Hopefully Stewart can put in another good effort next week vs. Atlanta.

Next week vs Atlanta. I'm sure S.Jax's mangina will still be swollen, so Stew may be worth another look. He filled in great this week for me.

Stewart had a full week of practice. Fox has said he wants to get him more involved. No way Lions will keep this close, thus a LOT of running. Lions run (and pass) D is horrid. Pittman does not impress me. Hightower is a better back, and did little vs the 49ers last week.I just think Stewart is the obvious start between the 2. Just my opinion of course.
:lmao: Thank you. Thank you very much :confused:

Stewart had a full week of practice. Fox has said he wants to get him more involved. No way Lions will keep this close, thus a LOT of running. Lions run (and pass) D is horrid. Pittman does not impress me. Hightower is a better back, and did little vs the 49ers last week.I just think Stewart is the obvious start between the 2. Just my opinion of course.
:goodposting: Thank you. Thank you very much :bye:
I forgot to give you a big "THANKS" after last Sunday. Now the real test....can he do it again?

Atlanta is giving up 20.8 pt/g to RBs this year, 12th most in the league. With Delhomme struggling and the running game hitting on all cylinders I expect a solid game from Stewart, but nothing spectacular.

12 carries @ 5.0 ypc for 60 yds and 1 td.

I will probably start him over MJD vs Minn. I like MJD, but Minn only has given up 660 yds on the year to running backs.

I'm probably going to roll with JStew or DWill over CJohn. I'll update the thread when I get things hashed out.

:towelwave: Thank you. Thank you very much :)
I forgot to give you a big "THANKS" after last Sunday. Now the real test....can he do it again?
He can do it again IMO. I'm starting Stewart this week with no hesitation. Double digit points in PPR league is almost a lock since i believe he scores this week !!!

:unsure: Thank you. Thank you very much ;)
I am as big a Stewart fan as anyone, but remember that he is not playing the Lions this week. He still could be a decent start, but don't expect last week to repeat.

Users who are viewing this thread