What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Jamaal Williams, NO (2 Viewers)

Jamaal is replacement level. There is nothing he does which 100 other NFL RBs can’t do. Now listen, he’s a great presence in the locker room and I’m happy he’s on the team. But getting Igwebuike & Jefferson on the on the field more is likely a upgrade.

S Tracey Walker being added to the Covid list along with Jamaal is far more impactful. He has been the Lions best DB this season. Huge drop off and his absence will he felt.

Jamaal is replacement level. There is nothing he does which 100 other NFL RBs can’t do. Now listen, he’s a great presence in the locker room and I’m happy he’s on the team. But getting Igwebuike & Jefferson on the on the field more is likely a upgrade.

S Tracey Walker being added to the Covid list along with Jamaal is far more impactful. He has been the Lions best DB this season. Huge drop off and his absence will he felt.
Which Lions RB are we adding to replace Williams.  

Which Lions RB are we adding to replace Williams.  
Its probably a coin flip.

I grabbed Iggy  bc he had the pass catching back role last week. 28 snaps, 24 routes, 2 pass pros. Jamaal was the run back, only 9 routes, JJ ran 2.

In terms of alignment, he’s lined up as a wing, slot or outside 11 of his 46 snaps this season. Jamaal 12/238, Swift 58/461, Jemar 0/24. TINY sample sizes but it’s obvious they like to find ways to get this guy in space. He’s a dynamic KR and (I know, just one play) has the longest run touchdown (42 yards) since Barry Sanders.

I didn’t just pick him up, I might Flex him.

He worth holding?

Was hoping he'd clear and take hold of the backfield. This week is no good, but next week @ATL and then @SEA are excellent matchups. Swift already ruled out so he may be out of the picture soon, but the more time given to Reynolds and J. Jefferson the less likely it will be that J. Williams plays a meaningful role. 

What am I missing here? The dominator is recommending me to start J Will this week(updated a few min ago). All the info I see is that he is still on the Covid list? Right? 

What am I missing here? The dominator is recommending me to start J Will this week(updated a few min ago). All the info I see is that he is still on the Covid list? Right? 
This was seven hours ago from the Sporting News. I do not vouch for the source nor its truth. This was the product of a quick Google search: 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/fantasy/news/fantasy-injury-updates-latest-news-on-james-conner-jamaal-williams-javonte-williams-more-rbs-affecting-week-15-start-em-sit-em-calls/8t5ulwt49r5vzbcfg8yzh24o

Is Jamaal Williams playing Week 15?

Williams was placed on the reserve/COVID list last Friday, and there have been virtually no updates on his status since. It's tough to know whether he still has a chance to be cleared in time to play against Arizona, but considering he wasn't one of the players Detroit activated off the reserve/COVID list on Saturday afternoon, it seems unlikely he'll be available. 

Williams would be a solid volume-based starting option if active, but if he's out, a combination of Craig Reynolds, Godwin Igwebuike, and Jermar Jefferson would split touches in the backfield. Reynolds would likely lead the way like last week, but none are particularly good or reliable plays in this matchup. 

Yeah I don't get this. 

Bloom still has him forecasted for 12 PPR points.

Only holding him because of next week's matchup @ATL, but it seems like this guy is trapped in Covid hell.

Williams may be listed as #2 right now, but I’d put my chips on Reynolds being a better cuff when the season starts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamaal Williams rushed 11 times for 28 yards and two touchdowns in the Lions' Week 1 loss to the Eagles.

Williams vultured a pair of touchdowns from D'Andre Swift, but it's probably not accurate to call him the team's red zone back. Swift was given a break after long runs before both of Williams' touchdowns. He stayed on the field for a red zone trip that ended with a touchdown of his own in the second quarter. Williams is a viable FLEX option based on his cut of the Detroit backfield, though two touchdowns would be a tall order for his Week 2 matchup with the Commanders.

- NBCSportsEDGE

i have swift and i need jamaal on my dyno team so i can sleep at night.

offered MVS for him before the season, and got countered with bateman, which is way too much.

what would be a good offer?

Jamaal Williams rushed 20 times for 87 yards in the Lions' Week 3 loss to the Vikings, adding two receptions for 20 yards on two targets.​

Williams saw additional playing time against the Vikings with D'Andre Swift dealing with an ankle injury that he appeared to tweak during the game. However, Williams was clearly the Lions' preferred short yardage back. His two-yard TD came after Amon-Ra St. Brown converted a 4th-down down to the two yards line. Swift was in the game for the 4th-down conversion but was pulled for Williams at the goal line. Williams also got the call on two short 4th down carries, both of which came after commercial breaks—indicating that Williams is the Lions' preferred short yardage short-yardage back. Williams scored a second TD on a nice 13-yard run. He drew an excessive celebration penalty on that score after daring to pump three times. With swift ailing and with a clear short-yardage role, Williams sets up as a low-end RB2 play against the Seahawks in Week 4.
Sep 25, 2022, 5:56 PM ET

Jamaal Williams rushed 15 times for 79 yards in the Lions' Week 7 loss to the Cowboys.

Williams caught his lone target for four yards in the passing game. With D'Andre Swift (shoulder) surprisingly held out again coming out of the bye, Williams got another backfield start and handled 15-of-22 backfield carries. However, on a goal-line chance, Williams lost a fumble at the one-yard line. We'd expect Swift to play next week against the Dolphins, but nobody seems to actually know when he'll be back. The Lions are playing it safe and now stand at a miserable 1-5.

- NBCSportsEDGE

I've been thinking for 3 weeks now that this was the week Swift would shuffle him back to bench fodder. I've been starting Kamara, Walker, and Pierce in the league I have him - is it time for me to think about starting him over Kamara or Pierce? I know, but all he does is run for TDs, but now he has 11 :shock: more TDs than Kamara and 9 more than Pierce, and if I'm not mistaken, leads the entire NFL pending Ekeler's game tonight. Not to mention about 150 more rushing yards than Kamara (Pierce does have more). I can't believe it's taken me this long to realize I should have been playing him over Kamara.

Will the Lions continue to give him the majority of carries?? I mean, they are winning and he's playing like a stud, so why wouldn't they? Right? Right???

I've been thinking for 3 weeks now that this was the week Swift would shuffle him back to bench fodder. I've been starting Kamara, Walker, and Pierce in the league I have him - is it time for me to think about starting him over Kamara or Pierce? I know, but all he does is run for TDs, but now he has 11 :shock: more TDs than Kamara and 9 more than Pierce, and if I'm not mistaken, leads the entire NFL pending Ekeler's game tonight. Not to mention about 150 more rushing yards than Kamara (Pierce does have more). I can't believe it's taken me this long to realize I should have been playing him over Kamara.

Will the Lions continue to give him the majority of carries?? I mean, they are winning and he's playing like a stud, so why wouldn't they? Right? Right???
I can’t bring myself to start him thinking Swift is going to take over. I can’t figure this out. At all.

Tbh even when Swift was getting a full compliment of touches, Williams is startable unless you are utterly stacked at RB. Oline is a strength, offence moves down the field consistently and he gets almost all the goal line carries plus a decent amount of standard carries .

have him in one league this year. Started him twice. Both were his worst games so far this year. Now I’m scared to start him even tho he’s my highest scoring rb on that team

:mad: I had a good start, but now my top three draft picks are killing me: Kupp, Swift and Allen. -- and playing Jamal owner this week.

have him in one league this year. Started him twice. Both were his worst games so far this year. Now I’m scared to start him even tho he’s my highest scoring rb on that team
Same boat. Afraid to start him since he posted duds when I needed him. Not a bad player to have on your bench though in case you need him. He certainly has potential to put up points.

He's RB7 in non-PPR leagues and finished as an RB1 in 6-7 games this season. He's a must start.
As a Swift owner I agree. He's definitely the GL back, and Goff rarely keeps.

Yeah Goff has zero TDs on the year

Jamaal’s touchdown log:
  • WK1 1 yard
  • WK1 1 yard
  • WK3 2 yards
  • WK3 13 yards
  • WK4 1 yard
  • WK4 51 yards
  • WK8 7 yards
  • WK8 1 yard
  • WK10 1 yard
  • WK11 4 yards
  • WK11 1 yard
  • WK11 1 yard

12 ADs in his first 10 games. Sanders was 2nd with 9 in his first 10. I just caught the end of that stat on the screen at a bar.

Does anybody know what the other players tied with and/or below Sanders were? And what is the NFL record?

Maybe the biggest value in fantasy drafts this year. If you went zero RB and got this guy in like round 13-14, you are likely killing it. It was basically like getting Dalvin Cook in round 13-14. Just an insane advantage.

Maybe the biggest value in fantasy drafts this year. If you went zero RB and got this guy in like round 13-14, you are likely killing it. It was basically like getting Dalvin Cook in round 13-14. Just an insane advantage.
I got him there!!!!

And am not killing it.

(Geez I whiffed on a lot of early picks this year)

Users who are viewing this thread