What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

James Casey & Chip Kelly (1 Viewer)

pghrob

Hail to the Chief
From today's FBG email update on free agency:

James Casey was never used the right way in the passing game in Houston. He could be a very productive slash player in Chip Kelly’s offense in Philadelphia. Kelly mentioned Aaron Hernandez twice when he talked about Casey after the signing...

Picked him up off waivers this week due to all the love Blooms being giving him. Liking the comments yesterday comparing him to Hernandez and he's certainly a player to be adding if he's available

Agree. Casey could be great. So much talent. He should or could revolutionize the fullback position if used correctly or he can continue in the revolution of the tight end position already taking place.

kelly has said that he plans to feature the TE. I wouldn't be surprised if he finds a way to get Eifert.

Too much hype around this offense. No way in hell all those guys are gonna live to expectations (fantasy wise). Casey, D-Jax, Maclin, Shady, Vick/Dixon, sprinkle in some Bryce Brown and whoever the actual TE will be. I just don't see it. Maybe 2 of those guys. But which two?

Too much hype around this offense. No way in hell all those guys are gonna live to expectations (fantasy wise). Casey, D-Jax, Maclin, Shady, Vick/Dixon, sprinkle in some Bryce Brown and whoever the actual TE will be. I just don't see it. Maybe 2 of those guys. But which two?
:goodposting: There's a lot of mouths to feed and some lofty expectations from the fantasy world!

:goodposting: There's a lot of mouths to feed and some lofty expectations from the fantasy world!
Really have no idea what the Kelly offense will look like in the NFL but I'd guess the most valuable Eagles' players will be the RBs and TEs. Its supposed to be a very up-tempo offense that runs a lot of plays. I've heard it said Kelly tends to run a lot more than pass. I'm hearing 90 offensive plays per game and maybe 60% runs (sports talk radio fwiw).At this early stage, I'd say McCoy for sure and beyond that is anybody's guess.

Any more news on Casey in TC?

I have always been a believer in this guy and really thought he could transform the FB position with the right team. Maybe he will be a true TE now though?

How's it coming along and is anyone penciling him in to draft tiers?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff McLane @Jeff_McLane
#Eagles skill pos snap counts: DeSean 77, Avant 68, Celek 66, McCoy 65, Ertz 24, Brown 15, Casey 2, Maehl 2, Damaris 1.
The hype train didn't get very far with Casey...

Wonder why CK signed him to a rather large deal to not even bother using him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff McLane @Jeff_McLane
#Eagles skill pos snap counts: DeSean 77, Avant 68, Celek 66, McCoy 65, Ertz 24, Brown 15, Casey 2, Maehl 2, Damaris 1.

I don't think we've seen everything Chip has planned. Maybe Casey will be more involved week 2.

Jeff McLane @Jeff_McLane

Casey's 2 snaps?

Kneel downs.

:sadbanana:

Totally whiffed on this one.

Casey has been injured. Was limited in training camp with a knee injury and is now recovering from a hamstring injury. They paid a lot of money for his services, you'd think they have some big plans for him.

Casey has been injured. Was limited in training camp with a knee injury and is now recovering from a hamstring injury. They paid a lot of money for his services, you'd think they have some big plans for him.
That was all before they picked Ertz--Ertz is just better for them with what theyre doing

That was all before they picked Ertz--Ertz is just better for them with what theyre doing
Agreed, recall reading something that Chip had no plans to pick him but when he was surprisingly still there he couldn't say no. I figured that may lead to Celek going out the door, but I guess not.

Users who are viewing this thread