What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jason Garrett is an Idiot! (1 Viewer)

corndog

Footballguy
Guy has a super stud at RB and doesn't use him. 8 carries for Barber. Shame on you Garrett.

And no, I'm not a Barber owner.

corndog said:
Guy has a super stud at RB and doesn't use him. 8 carries for Barber. Shame on you Garrett.And no, I'm not a Barber owner.
He was too tired after his heavy workload last week.Not really, but that's about the same as saying that Felix only sees carries in garbage time.Truth is Garret took a dump when it came to playcalling.

It's easy in hindsight to say that they should have run the ball more, but the Cowboys were trying to take advantage of the injuries to the Redskins' secondary. The Horton interception was actually an interesting chess match - the announcers had just gotten through saying how Garrett loves to attack when his opponent's corner gets hurt, and the Washington secondary was already dinged up. Sure enough, the Redskins have their backup corner play super soft, then cheat Horton in the flat underneath and get the pick. My friends and I were talking about the game, and we said, if I were Garrett, I'd call a go route against the weaker corner, and switch to a comeback route if he played soft. And if I were defending, I'd put a robber underneath and play soft. It was a really interesting play, IMO, and one that probably decided the game. Kudos to Zorn for a great gameplan, but it doesn't take much away from Dallas's standing as the #1 team in the NFL in my eyes.

Dallas got outplayed and outcoached today, but I wouldn't call Garrett an idiot. Washington's good.

Dallas did call a number of run plays in the second half but Romo audibled out of them. Don't blame it on Garrett. Blame it on Romo and the Skins defensive calls that led to Romo's audibles.

I remember people saying that they were afraid Dallas would be too far out in front of the NFC East and that would make Barber sit come playoff time. Well, I think the Redskins are getting better each week, and the Giants and Eagles will stay close. Probably won't be sitting come FF playoff time, IMO.

It's easy in hindsight to say that they should have run the ball more, but the Cowboys were trying to take advantage of the injuries to the Redskins' secondary. The Horton interception was actually an interesting chess match - the announcers had just gotten through saying how Garrett loves to attack when his opponent's corner gets hurt, and the Washington secondary was already dinged up. Sure enough, the Redskins have their backup corner play super soft, then cheat Horton in the flat underneath and get the pick. My friends and I were talking about the game, and we said, if I were Garrett, I'd call a go route against the weaker corner, and switch to a comeback route if he played soft. And if I were defending, I'd put a robber underneath and play soft. It was a really interesting play, IMO, and one that probably decided the game. Kudos to Zorn for a great gameplan, but it doesn't take much away from Dallas's standing as the #1 team in the NFL in my eyes.
If Garrett thought Horton was a weakness he's an idiot. Horton has been exceptional, even in the week one loss.

If Garrett thought Horton was a weakness he's an idiot. Horton has been exceptional, even in the week one loss.
Work on your reading comprehension, he is saying Garrett thought that the backup CB was a weakness not the safety.

I have no doubt that Washington is a really good team. But 11 team rushes with Barber getting only 8 is just downright ridiculous.

Work on your reading comprehension, he is saying Garrett thought that the backup CB was a weakness not the safety.
Work on not being a ####.

I'd rather punch Stewart in the face then Garrett. The defense with the players they have is an absolute disgrace.

Users who are viewing this thread