What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Javon Walker will be traded tomorrow... (1 Viewer)

Jason Wood

Zoo York
Adam Schefter just reported that Javon Walker is being checked out by Patriots and Eagles doctors on Saturday morning, after being checked out earlier in the week by New Orleans and Denver.

NO and DEN reports say that Walker is healthy and ready to play, he'll be a go at the start of training camp and it's all but a certainty that he'll be dealt tomorrow at some point.

:pickle: if the Eagles get him...but the price IS a #1 draft choice.

Adam Schefter just reported that Javon Walker is being checked out by Patriots and Eagles doctors on Saturday morning, after being checked out earlier in the week by New Orleans and Denver.

NO and DEN reports say that Walker is healthy and ready to play, he'll be a go at the start of training camp and it's all but a certainty that he'll be dealt tomorrow at some point.

That would be sweet for the Iggles.I don't care if "my" Pats get him. His attitude or money BS or whatever...I'm nto sure I wanna root for that headache

A local show that is solid (New England Sports Toight) just reported Walker is on his way to Foxboro tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't think he's headed to Philly... The Philadelphia Inquirer reports whatever interest the Eagles had in Green Bay WR Javon Walker appears to be gone. According to several reports, the Eagles offered the Packers DT Hollis Thomas and a late-round draft pick. I say they deal him to New Orleans for Stallworth and swap first round picks.

Javon Walker & #5 for #2

For Brett Favre's last hurrah, an immediate impact offensive player. GB is win-now

The Eagles are a joke. They value picks so highly and half the time Reid cant pick his ###. Hollis Thomas and a late pick is pathetic. The Patriots will not give a 1st for him (I dont see anyone giving a 1st). However, I could see the Pats giving a 2nd. I would think they would want to have Branch signed so there wouldnt be backlash with him over negotiating a contract with Walker.

I think Denver is much more likely. I dont see NO wanting to switch picks with anyone right now because they have the hot pick with Houston passing on Bush.

I could see GB trading JW for Stallworth and to move up. And probably something else.

I don't think he's headed to Philly... The Philadelphia Inquirer reports whatever interest the Eagles had in Green Bay WR Javon Walker appears to be gone. According to several reports, the Eagles offered the Packers DT Hollis Thomas and a late-round draft pick. I say they deal him to New Orleans for Stallworth and swap first round picks.
Hey Grid...obviously those reports aren't 100% accurate. The Eagles wouldn't be sending a team of doctors up to Foxboro tomorrow morning to evaluate Walker if they had no interest. Whether they have enough ammo or decide to pull the trigger remains to be seen, but you don't send a docs up on the morning of the draft to another NFL franchise if you're not interested.

I would absolutely love this. Just traded for Mcnabb in one league and traded for Walker in another league.

GOOOOO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!

no one will give up a 1st for walker
Then Thompson may just decide to keep him, like he should. I don't see Thompson settling for anything less than an early 2nd and something additional.If no one takes the offer, force Walker to play or sit out another year.

I keep hearing this from fans. Then I realize that some team is going to give up #15 through maybe #22 for Jackson who will then take three years to develope and likely not amount to anything. Were I a fan of a team with an immediate window I would much rather have Walker lining up week 1 than Jackson. Be assured that right now GM's around the league are thinking the same thing and eyeing others who may be making this observation.

I think you have to tie in Walker's contract demands with how much GB will get. If he's looking for monster money it will be difficult for a team to give up a #1 and a huge contract. Yet, if he's looking for reasonable money (which seems unlikely) than his value goes up because he becomes that much more valuable.

Walker's contract situation is the x-factor in this whole process.

I keep hearing this from fans. Then I realize that some team is going to give up #15 through maybe #22 for Jackson who will then take three years to develope and likely not amount to anything. Were I a fan of a team with an immediate window I would much rather have Walker lining up week 1 than Jackson. Be assured that right now GM's around the league are thinking the same thing and eyeing others who may be making this observation.
:goodposting:

I read Denver did not want Walker to head to New England...they were trying to get something done. I could see the Broncos giving up that first round pick for Walker...I was thinking they were going to take WR Holmes anyway.

:2cents:

I don't think Walker would be happy in New England...I'm hoping for Stallworth for a 3rd or 4th round pick.

And then take Reggie Bush. :pickle:

I don't think Walker would be happy in New England
What the hell does this mean? :confused:
Branch is the #1 right now...and many WRs in NE don't break over 1,000 passing. I just don't think it would suit Walker's ego.Personally I would rather have Donald Driver from GB in a New England Uniform.

And yet no one would give up a 2 last yr for the guy who became the NFL's MVP (yes, even considering contract). Just don't see how a WR coming off an ACL is worth a #1 but what do I know?

I read Denver did not want Walker to head to New England...they were trying to get something done. I could see the Broncos giving up that first round pick for Walker...I was thinking they were going to take WR Holmes anyway.
I doubt that happens, BUT with all the last minute interest in Walker it just could. Maybe the Packers send a mid round pick back.THENPack trades #5 (1,800) and #15 (1,050) to Saints for #2 (2,600) and Stallworth

Walker is still young, has more talent, a higher upside, and a proven record at the highest lvl of competion then any other WR coming out this year.

if hes healthy u can bet the house there are teams willing to give up a 1st rounder for him. now like someone posted earlier the only holdup "IF" he is truely healthy is what will he be demanding contract wise. that would be the only turn off for me... and even so he's much more of a talent then anything coming out this year so i'd harshly consider him if i was looking for a wideout.

And yet no one would give up a 2 last yr for the guy who became the NFL's MVP (yes, even considering contract). Just don't see how a WR coming off an ACL is worth a #1 but what do I know?
Falcons gave up a 1 for Peerless PriceStranger things have happened...

Sorry to dissapoint you guys but Walker can't go to Philly. He is on my dynasty team and I just traded for Reggie Brown last week. That is just not going to work for me. :no:

why wouldn't someone give up a #1 for Walker? that's crazy talk. he's easily worth it, IMO.

Denver makes the most sense if they can afford his contract under their cap. They have 2 first round picks and are expected by everybody to draft a WR. I think they'd be silly to want Santonio Holmes or Chad Jackson over Javon Walker.

I could see the Pats not wanting to burn a premium pick to bring in a player like that. Doesn't really seem to fit with their normal way of doing things as they rarely overpay for anyone.

Eagles also seem too cheap to pull it off...always lowballing people (Travis Henry and Eric Moulds are two recent situations that come to mind)

Walker's had one big season and is coming off a torn ACL - trading a 1st rounder for him is almost as stupid as passing on Reggie Bush...

(get the feeling will be hearing a lot of that expression...)

Walker's had one big season and is coming off a torn ACL - trading a 1st rounder for him is almost as stupid as passing on Reggie Bush...

he's had more than just one big season. his 2003 season with 9 TDs on 41 catches and a 17.5 y/r average was pretty impressive.also, how many WRs haven't been able to recover fully from a torn ACL?

people used to say Steve Smith only had one big year and was coming off a broken leg. Look what he just did.

Javon Walker > Santonio Holmes or Chad Jackson

and both of those guys would cost a first round pick

he's had more than just one big season. his 2003 season with 9 TDs on 41 catches and a 17.5 y/r average was pretty impressive.also, how many WRs haven't been able to recover fully from a torn ACL?

people used to say Steve Smith only had one big year and was coming off a broken leg. Look what he just did.

Smith's injury had no ligament damage. I will not have Walker on any team in 06.

Sorry, I'm not with you. Walker is very talented, don't get me wrong. I'm not down on him at all. But ask youself this: John Abraham, or Javon Walker? And Abraham was traded for #29...

I agree it's not a slam dunk b/c teams overvalue their draft picks. But, for a team like Denver or Philly who needs a WR that could put them up into the group of elite super bowl contenders...he's easily worth a late 1st round pick. I'd worry more about giving him the huge contract he wants than I would about giving up the pick....although obviously the two are intertwined here b/c you can't really do one without the other.

Smith's injury had no ligament damage.  I will not have Walker on any team in 06.
these guys seemed to rebound ok from a similar injury:Jerry Rice suffered one in 1997.Joey Galloway suffered one in 2000.Anquan Boldin suffered one in 2001.I agree he might not be 100% in 2006, but he'll probably give as much or more than a rookie WR would and he'll also likely be way more productive for some team in 2007.

Right, but that's sort of my point. Lots of people thought John Abraham was traded at a discount. He wasn't - his talent was certainly mid first-round, but his price-tag was high.

Walker's the same issue, and he will also not be traded for a first-rounder, imo.

Phi wont trade a #1. I would be surprised if they would give a number 2. I can see them parting with a number 3.That said, I think its all the more likely he goes to Den or NO considering the new information.

I would find it ironic if Philly goes after a player who publically complained about his contract and threatened to hold out.

That would be sweet for the Iggles.I don't care if "my" Pats get him. His attitude or money BS or whatever...I'm nto sure I wanna root for that headache
What attitude? Javon was absolutely correct in his "whining" last year....he was severely underpaid. He eventually went back to camp and got hurt in week 1.

how can we speculate that the eagles are considering walker without mentioning who walker's agent is and how the eagles might take that into consideration?

how can we speculate that the eagles are considering walker without mentioning who walker's agent is and how the eagles might take that into consideration?
Walker fired Rosenhaus last year and hired someone new.

A pick in the 20-40 range seems like a lot for a WR who was last seen being carted off the field nearly a year ago, who is a known problem in the lockerroom, who is on his 3rd agent in two years, who lets his deranged father in law speak for him in the press, who reportedly has pie-in-the-sky contract demands and who's only good year was arguably driven by playing with a QB known to make average WR's look great.

That said, value is a function of supply and demand, and both those factors are strongly in the seller's favor in this market.

I have nothing against Walker or the way he has conducted himself, but will admit there is a small part of me that, out of pure vindictiveness, would love to see him end up in New Orleans with McKenzie. Any Saturday pick would be a great deal for the Packers in my opinion.

Smith's injury had no ligament damage.  I will not have Walker on any team in 06.
these guys seemed to rebound ok from a similar injury:Jerry Rice suffered one in 1997.

Joey Galloway suffered one in 2000.

Anquan Boldin suffered one in 2001.

I agree he might not be 100% in 2006, but he'll probably give as much or more than a rookie WR would and he'll also likely be way more productive for some team in 2007.
Don't forget Lee Evans at Wisconsin. He had to have 2 surgeries to repair his and he's pretty good.

A pick in the 20-40 range seems like a lot for a WR who was last seen being carted off the field nearly a year ago, who is a known problem in the lockerroom, who is on his 3rd agent in two years, who lets his deranged father in law speak for him in the press, who reportedly has pie-in-the-sky contract demands and who's only good year was arguably driven by playing with a QB known to make average WR's look great.

That said, value is a function of supply and demand, and both those factors are strongly in the seller's favor in this market.

I have nothing against Walker or the way he has conducted himself, but will admit there is a small part of me that, out of pure vindictiveness, would love to see him end up in New Orleans with McKenzie. Any Saturday pick would be a great deal for the Packers in my opinion.
Walker's not a locker room cancer at all. In fact his teammates like him quite a bit. Yeah he threatened a holdout last year but I think most everyone realized it's a business. And he did have more than 1 good year. His second year with nearly 800 yards receiving and 9 TDs is damn good for a 2nd year WR. I'm a big Packer fan and I think it's crap for people to Walkers a problem child who's only had 1 good year.

I think a late 1st early 2nd is what that Packers will get for him.

Sirius Radio just reported that Javon Walker will be a New England Patriot. They siad a deal is being finalizing right now. I'll post more when I hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread