What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

JAX @ DEN in 2 weeks. Guess the spread. (1 Viewer)

pollardsvision

Footballguy
Anybody know the biggest spread in NFL history?

I have no idea what it is, but I have to think this will challenge it.

I know the spread would have to start with a 4 before I'd even begin to consider putting money on JAX there.

It will be 35-0 at halftime. Broncos will end up resting their starters late in the 3rd quarter. 52-7 final.

They will probably open the spread at -21.5 and get bet up to 24 to 25 or so...
I don't actually bet on football, but at -25, I might have to take out a 2nd mortgage.
You would actually bet on Jacksonville? I know dogs usually cover odds greater than 20 in the NFL but Jacksonville is making new trends this year. I wouldn't touch Jacksonville until they do something drastic this year.

I don't actually bet on football, but at -25, I might have to take out a 2nd mortgage.
You would actually bet on Jacksonville? I know dogs usually cover odds greater than 20 in the NFL but Jacksonville is making new trends this year. I wouldn't touch Jacksonville until they do something drastic this year.
Blackmon will be back and Gabbert should be developed by then.

Doesn't matter. Don't waste your money on them. Just bet on some other game.

Gabbert will be developed by then? Are you sure?

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't matter. Don't waste your money on them. Just bet on some other game.
Taking over 20 points in an NFL game is the correct side.

I know the spread would have to start with a 4 before I'd even begin to consider putting money on JAX there.
27 points, PIT vs. TB, 12/4/76. My guess, the DEN-JAX line opens at -24.5. I suspect it'll get bid up from there.

And I think I'd have to take the Jags to cover. :bag:

Gabbert will be developed by then? Are you sure?
He meant Gabbert will be developing film at walmart by then so QB should be improved.

It should open at 24.5, as good as Denver's offense is they give up nearly 23 points per game.

Raiders scored their most points against Denver through 4 games

Ravens scored their 2nd most points against Denver through 4 games

Giants scored their 2nd most points against Denver through 4 games

Eagles scored their 3rd most points against Denver through 4 games

I'm assuming, if it last long enough, JAC's 10 game streak (I believe it's 10 now) of holding opposing QBs under 300 yards will be broken.

Betting the house on Jacksonville. Blackmon will be back and cause Denver headaches. Stone cold lock will be to bet Jacksonville all the way to the bank.

PlasmaDogPlasma said:
LargeMouthBass said:
pollardsvision said:
LargeMouthBass said:
:lmao:

so Gabbert is going to sprout some talent when he plays against Denver?

Betting the house on Jacksonville. Blackmon will be back and cause Denver headaches. Stone cold lock will be to bet Jacksonville all the way to the bank.
I want to do this, but the problem is Jacksonville is historically bad. The only thing that gives me hope is that Jacksonville has given up on Gabbert and Henne and some random 3rd stringer comes in and just doesn't realize what he is up against.

Jacksonville hasn't covered all year. What makes you think they will all of a sudden cover because of an above average receiver?

Anyway, you're willing to bet your gingerbread house and lose like $5? I wouldn't take that risk...

It should open at 24.5, as good as Denver's offense is they give up nearly 23 points per game.

I get your post, but that last one is pretty weak sauce right there.

Being complete in showing how each of their opponents did relative to the rest of their schedule is weak sauce?

Being complete in showing how each of their opponents did relative to the rest of their schedule is weak sauce?
No it isn't because if you didn't include the Eagles someone else would have posted , why did you leave out the Eagles? Don't take it personal some people like to be internet tough guys and try to get people worked up.

Mr. Irrelevant said:
pollardsvision said:

27 points, PIT vs. TB, 12/4/76.My guess, the DEN-JAX line opens at -24.5. I suspect it'll get bid up from there.

And I think I'd have to take the Jags to cover. :bag:
Bookies are going to make you sweat on this one, even with the Broncos machine. I'd be shocked if you're asked to eat any less than 3TD's and a FG, having to nail it by 3TDs+2FG/4TD's on a straight 110/100 bet.

If you're in need of 27/28 points to win, any sort of offensive momentum by the Jags could :tfp: the people putting the mortgage on this mismatch.

No it isn't because if you didn't include the Eagles someone else would have posted , why did you leave out the Eagles? Don't take it personal some people like to be internet tough guys and try to get people worked up.
My tone wasn't tough guy at all. I thought his point was a little off.

eta* jojo's an FFA guy who will mix it up in a heartbeat. Lurk more. He doesn't need a babysitter for his feelings.

Now that's tough guy.

eta2* slightly tough guy, at that.

eat3* I even used a conditional and just disagreed that 3 out of 4 was a good stat. As far as netiquette goes, that seems like deference.

My tone wasn't tough guy at all. I thought his point was a little off.

eta* jojo's an FFA guy who will mix it up in a heartbeat. Lurk more. He doesn't need a babysitter for his feelings.

Now that's tough guy.

eta2* slightly tough guy, at that.

eat3* I even used a conditional and just disagreed that 3 out of 4 was a good stat. As far as netiquette goes, that seems like deference.
Why are you getting so worked up on an opinion I posted?

You are part of the problem with these boards.

Someone posts an opinion, backs it up with COMPLETE stats, you nit pick the ONE unfavorable stat and then start digging through his post history to attempt to defend your position that I'm an instigator? Not sure what you are taking offense to with my original post unless you are just trolling with an alias, if so good luck with that. I've been around since Old Yeller, just because the majority of my posts aren't in this forum arguing with geniuses like you shouldn't discredit my opinion, lol.

Depends who is at QB. Gabbert and it's in the 30s, thinking like 32

Henne and it is probably 24.

I actually think for huge mismatches like this the spread SHOULD be bigger when playing a team like seattle with a great defense and a good enough offense to move the ball on their trash D.

I realize the spread will be bigger because Denver is perceived to be the better team than Seattle, but I think Seattle wins games like this by larger margins. Now...........Seattle benched their starters for the better portion of the entire 2nd half, so who knows what woulda happened if someone told them they had to win by 50 "or else".

If Russell Wilson, who avg's passing for about 1.5 TDs/gm, threw for 4 TDs vs JAX, Peyton Manning will throw for___TDs vs Jax?

LargeMouthBass said:
pollardsvision said:
LargeMouthBass said:
I was talking about DEN.

The history of massive underdogs covering would be scary though.

I think it starts at 24 and gets bet 27.5 or 28. Seems like it would take 4 TDs to get the bettors to take JAX.

Either way, this will be fascinating.

Stat whore will hold at 4, maybe 5. Stat whore will not run it up on such a defenseless opponent. They will run the ball after he gets to his weekly goal.

Users who are viewing this thread