What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeep Super Bowl Ad - Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

I saw the Post ad. It was interesting that they showed Anderson Cooper from CNN. I liked how they put Kashoggi’s picture in memorium. 

But I did not the Jeep ad. I stopped watching after the last missed fg- perhaps it came on in the last few seconds or afterwards? 

Unfortunately for those $5 million dollar ads, probably 90 percent of America turned off the game in disgust by that time.

Cheesy ad which played to their rural customer base.  They weren't out trying to sell some social welfare message to tug at the heartstrings of some Gen X kid.   They were appealing to people who actually buy lots of Jeeps, upper income country folk who like to see a display of patriotism.  

Last edited by a moderator:
jon_mx said:
They weren't out trying to sell some social welfare message to tug at the heartstrings of some Gen X kid.   
Most generation Xers are in their 40s and 50s.

That's what i liked about it most. Others seem to think that every ad is supposed to show how we are now. I prefer to see how we should be.
I understand this and I am all about using positivity for improvement. Maybe you're right. But I think my sentiment comes from feeling like there's more of a hollow attempt to portray an image that we are getting better or working on our faults than actually doing that. And I think that is supported by evidence in the rising homelessness, drug addiction and overdose deaths, and rising suicide rates.

And I have a real problem that mainstream media was used to sell the populace on the bailouts which enabled insolvent banks to evict people from their homes and keep homes vacant in their possession while more people were made homeless. It's total corporate welfare and hardworking Americans got screwed and no one is talking about it. I would like to hear some more discussion about bridging the gap between bank owned vacant properties and homeless people. And then you can play your cute little commercial and maybe I'll say yeah, it's real, Jeep and CBS and Wells Fargo and all the politicians actually give a #### about Americans, awesome 👍 👍

I wasn't really particularly moved, but I can see where people would be. 

What I see in here are typical responses from the typical people. The only thing I could think of is would our servicemen and servicewomen like the commercialization of the flag. In certain matters, I personally defer to their wishes, even though our citizen involvement in all affairs is our greatest strength.  

:lol: :lol:   I went back and watched it to give credence to your claim. The people I did not include in my count were people that were completely covered like the astronaut or people who were not visible like the group watching the outdoor movie (there were like 8 people in that moment). The final tally I came up with was:

33 White people

11 Black people

1 ethnic (the cop near the end)
So there were approximately 3 times as many black people compared to the US per captia while representing about the correct percentage of white people.  Hispanic and others were under represented.  Why did you say they showed too many white people?

Users who are viewing this thread