What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jellystone!-- What a Way to ruin my childhood (1 Viewer)

Yogibear

Footballguy
I just spent the day watching clips from the new HBO Max Series Jellystone! & I have to say that I'm glad I have DVDs of the original Hanna-Barbera characters because after seeing the clips from the new series, I almost wanted to kill myself.  The designs for the characters made it look like a 2-year-old drew it.  If both Bill Hanna & Joe Barbera were alive today and the series was pitched to them, they'd turn it down in a heartbeat.  You don't ruin classic characters like Yogi Bear.  They also changed the gender of some of the male characters like Jabberjaw.  They turned her into a female.  As a classic die-hard fan of the classic Hanna-Barbera cartoons, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!  I know this is 2021, but  Jellystone!  is a cheap ripoff of all the old cartoons that I know & love.  So, I'm asking anyone who responds to this thread: DO NOT WATCH JELLYSTONE! IF YOU HAVE HBO MAX!  For all of those who want to preserve historical animation, please don't watch the new garbage if you don't want your childhood ruined!

Yogibear said:
So, I'm asking anyone who responds to this thread: DO NOT WATCH JELLYSTONE! IF YOU HAVE HBO MAX!  For all of those who want to preserve historical animation, please don't watch the new garbage if you don't want your childhood ruined!
I found a loophole…people that don’t respond to the thread can watch it.

Dammit.

I wonder if I'm the only one who came here excitedly to rehash childhood memories of stays at any one the Yogi Bear Jellystone campgrounds. The one in the Wisconsin Dells was one of my favorite places on Earth.   :kicksrock:

I remember thinking my family was rich because my parents sprung for the "red carpet" campsites. You got a concrete slab, complete with a grill and a picnic table, instead of an ordinary plot of grass and dirt.

Users who are viewing this thread