What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jennings is Questionable this week (1 Viewer)

biggamer3

Footballguy
I see no mention of an injury anywhere but CBS fantasy football page.They list Jennings as Questionable with a rib injury.then they add this analysis which doesnt make it seem like a questionable but a probable

Jennings dealing with rib injury Greg Jennings, WR GBNews: A rib injury limited Packers WR Greg Jennings in practice Wednesday as the team prepares for Week 13 against the Panthers. He had eight catches for 101 yards and a touchdown Week 12 at New Orleans.Analysis: Considering Jennings is coming off one of his best games of the season, this injury likely won't hold him back. He remains the clear No. 1 target in Green Bay, but the Packers like to spread the ball around more than most teams. Still, he deserves to start as a No. 1 Fantasy WR because even when he falls short of 100 yards, he doesn't fall short by much. Monitor his health this week, but expect to keep him active for Week 13 against the Panthers.

from the GreenBay Press - Gazette

Ruled out for this week were linebacker Nick Barnett (who remains on the roster despite season-ending knee surgery) and cornerback Pat Lee (who could miss several weeks because of a knee injury). Safety Charlie Peprah (calf) and running back DeShawn Wynn (calf) did not practice but have not been ruled out.

Those listed as limited were: safety Atari Bigby (ankle), cornerback Jarrett Bush (ankle), left tackle Chad Clifton (knees), safety Nick Collins (knee), tight end Tory Humphrey (ankle), running back Brandon Jackson (ankle), receiver Greg Jennings (rib), defensive tackle Johnny Jolly (ankle), defensive end Michael Montgomery (ankle), safety Aaron Rouse (ankle), center Scott Wells (shoulder) and cornerback Charles Woodson (toe).

Haven't seen any real insight on just how "dinged up" he really is......guess we'll have to wait and see what new info comes out on Friday....

He did get popped to all hell on Monday Night on that hit initally ruled helmet to helmet. I coudn't believe he stayed in the game!

He practiced Wednesday but was limited. I can't see him not playing on Sunday.

Will wait till Saturday for more updates.

Bump for any updated news out of the Packer camp.

It's between him and another upside WR like A. Bryant or Cotchery for me. Not that you care about my personal situation -- Jennings is fantastic, but if he's going to be limited or used more as a decoy for a fairly good driver and Jones, in theory I find that it's better to go for quality upside against middling-to-poor pass Ds than a proven stud that's banged up.

Bump for any updated news out of the Packer camp. It's between him and another upside WR like A. Bryant or Cotchery for me. Not that you care about my personal situation -- Jennings is fantastic, but if he's going to be limited or used more as a decoy for a fairly good driver and Jones, in theory I find that it's better to go for quality upside against middling-to-poor pass Ds than a proven stud that's banged up.
Remember Brian Westbrook when you say that :confused:

Bump for any updated news out of the Packer camp. It's between him and another upside WR like A. Bryant or Cotchery for me. Not that you care about my personal situation -- Jennings is fantastic, but if he's going to be limited or used more as a decoy for a fairly good driver and Jones, in theory I find that it's better to go for quality upside against middling-to-poor pass Ds than a proven stud that's banged up.
Remember Brian Westbrook when you say that :unsure:
True, true -- but that;s a special case. Having owned Westy many times over the last few years, I know that he, in particular, is someone you should not bench when he is listed as questionable on the injury report. WRs are a different story, IMHO -- look at Reggie Wayne's last game. It's true Cromartie was all up in his grill, but the fact that his ankle was flaring up could not have helped him gain separation. Result? Crappy FF performance. Yes, ankles are different than ribs, but point remains the same -- Westy is in a class all his own in terms of the performances you can almost depend on when he is dinged, as he's dinged all the time.

"Packers | Jennings probable for Week 13 (KFFL) Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers WR Greg Jennings (ribs) fully participated in practice Friday, Nov. 28. He is listed as probable for the team's Week 13 game and is expected to play."

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread