What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jerramy Stevens has knee surgery (1 Viewer)

This_Is_Not_VRR

Footballguy
Seattle Seahawks tight end Jerramy Stevens is expected to miss minicamps after undergoing knee surgery Tuesday.

The 2002 first-round pick had experienced swelling and pain in the knee recently. Doctors discovered a cartilage tear during the surgery.

Stevens could return in time for training camp, although a precise timetable was not immediately known.

Stevens, 26, is entering the final year of his rookie contract.
http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/seaha...p-5102025c.html

its just a little cleaning. shouldn't have him down for too long.
Correct me if I'm wrong (and I might well be), but wasn't a similar surgery performed on Clayton before the season?The reason he faired so poorly was because he couldn't stay in shape due to the hobbled knee all offseason.

If something similar is the case with Stevens, I would lower my expectations tremendously for Stevens.

As a Seahawks homer, do you feel like this would warrant a 2nd round selection on a TE, given the wide crop of pretty solid pass-catching TEs in this year's draft?

Do you feel like maybe the real reason Stevens / Mili were even involved to begin with was because of the ineptness of the receiving corps, which should be better this season.

More likely they have already planned for this and addressed it. Still, gotta love the contract years for young guys like Stevens.

As a redraft prospect and dynasty owner, I would follow his offseason and training camp progression and participation closely and use that to determine whether he will lay an egg or soar this season.

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I might well be), but wasn't a similar surgery performed on Clayton before the season?The reason he faired so poorly was because he couldn't stay in shape due to the hobbled knee all offseason.

If something similar is the case with Stevens, I would lower my expectations tremendously for Stevens.
I'm not sure of the specifics with Clayton's surgery. That said, I think a TE with a banged up knee is far better equipped to deal with losing a step than a WR is. They don't rely on speed as much, and they are constantly facing mismatches in coverage. Anyway, I definitely expect him to make a full recovery before the season starts. And if anything, he's a guy who struggles to keep his weight up, so there's little chance he'll be overweight when he finally is healthy to report to the team.

As a Seahawks homer, do you feel like this would warrant a 2nd round selection on a TE, given the wide crop of pretty solid pass-catching TEs in this year's draft?
With Ruskell drafting, anything can happen. Who knows, Stevens could be in Ruskell's dog house after his less than stellar performance in the super bowl.
Do you feel like maybe the real reason Stevens / Mili were even involved to begin with was because of the ineptness of the receiving corps, which should be better this season.More likely they have already planned for this and addressed it. Still, gotta love the contract years for young guys like Stevens.

As a redraft prospect and dynasty owner, I would follow his offseason and training camp progression and participation closely and use that to determine whether he will lay an egg or soar this season.
What exactly was inept about the Seahawks receiving corps? Jackson and Engram were incredible when they were healthy, and Joe J. had a banner year. As for the impact that Stevens and Mili have had in the offense over the past couple of seasons, there's nothing inflated about it. Everyone knows Holmgren's track record in Green Bay. He loves getting his TE's the ball.

Unless the Seahawks draft a TE in the first couple of rounds in the NFL draft, I would still consider Stevens to be one of the 5-10 best fanstasy TE's.

its just a little cleaning.  shouldn't have him down for too long.

I'm not sure of the specifics with Clayton's surgery. That said, I think a TE with a banged up knee is far better equipped to deal with losing a step than a WR is. They don't rely on speed as much, and they are constantly facing mismatches in coverage. Anyway, I definitely expect him to make a full recovery before the season starts. And if anything, he's a guy who struggles to keep his weight up, so there's little chance he'll be overweight when he finally is healthy to report to the team.

With Ruskell drafting, anything can happen. Who knows, Stevens could be in Ruskell's dog house after his less than stellar performance in the super bowl.
Do you feel like maybe the real reason Stevens / Mili were even involved to begin with was because of the ineptness of the receiving corps, which should be better this season.More likely they have already planned for this and addressed it. Still, gotta love the contract years for young guys like Stevens.

What exactly was inept about the Seahawks receiving corps? Jackson and Engram were incredible when they were healthy, and Joe J. had a banner year. As for the impact that Stevens and Mili have had in the offense over the past couple of seasons, there's nothing inflated about it. Everyone knows Holmgren's track record in Green Bay. He loves getting his TE's the ball.

Unless the Seahawks draft a TE in the first couple of rounds in the NFL draft, I would still consider Stevens to be one of the 5-10 best fanstasy TE's.
:confused: Ineptness? If being inept includes completely overcoming and prospering when our #1 guy missed most of the season then yes, they were inept. Well answered VRR although I would have had a sharper tongue with this particular poster.

Seattle is not going to draft a TE with their 2nd round pick. I would be surprised if they drafted on at all. With only five picks and needs at DL, DB, and to a lesser degree OL those are three picks gone right there. An undrafted free agent or someone who was cut is a much more likely scenario.

As for Stevens people can say what they like about the Super Bowl but the guy came up big a lot last year and there are very few TEs I'd rather have. If the guy gets a mean streak he could be a top five fantasy TE.

Last edited by a moderator:
did they repair his hands while they were in surgery .....
Perhaps if they transplanted his hands to his knee caps . . . the balls seem to pass that point on his body pretty consistently on the way down to the turf, no?

Poor Jerramy Stevens....even as a Steelers fan myself, you can't help but feel bad for the guy. First he gets verbally blasted and insulted by Porter (who was either a genius or a complete idiot for doing so), and then he goes and becomes the Hawks' SB goat. No matter what he deos in his career, I don't think anyone will let him forget about all that.

If Stevens doesn't drop any of those passes, Seattle wins that SB, undoubtedly.
:fishing:

Users who are viewing this thread