What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jerry Rice will wear a Seahawks jersey... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaysus

Good times!
Steve Largent's #80 is retired in Seattle - I can't imagine Rice wearing any other number??

I think he'll show Largent some R-E-S-P-E-C-T and not where it. I can see Mili giving up his #88 jersey - the number he wore at Mississippi Valley St.

Maybe he will wear #42 - His age.That way when he sees that he is not performing he can look at his jersey and realize he needs to stop stat-padding and go out with some decency.

I think he'll show Largent some R-E-S-P-E-C-T and not where it. I can see Mili giving up his #88 jersey - the number he wore at Mississippi Valley St.
Largent already said he could WHERE it. Rice accepted and said he was honored.

Maybe he will wear #42 - His age.That way when he sees that he is not performing he can look at his jersey and realize he needs to stop stat-padding and go out with some decency.
HAHA who gives a #### if you think he's stat padding, fact is he's a professional and you are some fat loser with no life... Quit trying to bash someone who is actually successful and can still get it done. You should be inspired by him and quit working at McDonalds and try out for the Patriots you dumb pile. I hate people like you who think somehow even though you have nothing to do with football you want to someone to do something to appease you. You suck I hope you die in real life you scumbag.

Last edited by a moderator:
HAHA who gives a #### if you think he's stat padding, fact is he's a professional and you are some fat loser with no life... Quit trying to bash someone who is actually successful and can still get it done. You should be inspired by him and quit working at McDonalds and try out for the Patriots you dumb pile. I hate people like you who think somehow even though you have nothing to do with football you want to someone to do something to appease you. You suck I hope you die in real life you scumbag.
1) I'm not fat - I'm in good shape2) I don't work at McDonalds I am an Accountant3) I don't want Rice to go the way of Michael Jordan and end his career on a bad note. Of all the things Jordan did for the game of Basketball people still remember his last few years. I am a Washington Homer and got to witness much of the Jordan debacle.4) Maybe when I grow up I can be a Wal-mart greeter like you.5) Don't be so harsh wishing death on someone. I would be careful - that karma could come back around and a tornado could destroy your trailer or something you ignornant hump.

What was Largent supposed to say when the great Jerry Rice calls him up and asks if it's ok to unretire his retired number? I think Rice demonstrates a rare lapse of character here, and should reconsider.

1) I'm not fat - I'm in good shape2) I don't work at McDonalds I am an Accountant3) I don't want Rice to go the way of Michael Jordan and end his career on a bad note. Of all the things Jordan did for the game of Basketball people still remember his last few years. I am a Washington Homer and got to witness much of the Jordan debacle.4) Maybe when I grow up I can be a Wal-mart greeter like you.5) Don't be so harsh wishing death on someone. I would be careful - that karma could come back around and a tornado could destroy your trailer or something you ignornant hump.
HAHAHA! Jordan went out on a badnote? Not really he averaged over 20 pts a game and at over 40. So ok?! He isn't obligated to do whatever you want so suck it. I am a college student so no, no wal-mart for me. How would being traded to a superbowl contender be a bad move? You are stupid so no, you are not an accountant (except when you are on the internet and you can pretend you are)Got that Batman?

Take your lousy attitude back to the FFToday forum.

HAHAHA! Jordan went out on a badnote? Not really he averaged over 20 pts a game and at over 40. So ok?! He isn't obligated to do whatever you want so suck it. I am a college student so no, no wal-mart for me. How would being traded to a superbowl contender be a bad move? You are stupid so no, you are not an accountant (except when you are on the internet and you can pretend you are)Got that Batman?
How's that community college working out for you?I'm guessing - Liberal Arts Major with a concentration in retail sales.

How's that community college working out for you?I'm guessing - Liberal Arts Major with a concentration in retail sales.
No OSU is not community college, and it is working out fine. Sorry no liberal arts major and I'm not going to join you at McDonalds any time soon. Better work overtime this week so you can pay your insurance for your 83' volvo and still afford your internet connection. :rotflmao:

Michael Jordan's legacy is in NO WAY tainted by his run with the Wizards and EVERYONE remembers him as a Bull... :thumbup: Play on Jerry! Play on!

Michael Jordan's legacy is in NO WAY tainted by his run with the Wizards and EVERYONE remembers him as a Bull... :thumbup: Play on Jerry! Play on!
THANK YOU! Someone with commen sense. He is playing for another championship now and to prove he can still do it. He wouldn't be playing if he couldn't contribute anymore. Jerry Rice and only Jerry Rice should decide when it is time for JERRY RICE to call it a career. If teams still want his services and he can play more power to him. He doesn't have to worry about tarnishing his career, it is impossible to do so on the football field... Unless he kills his wife or something his legacy will be intact. It's not about numbers, eventually some player will pass him up, no record lasts forever (Moss is on pace to pass Jerry). I hate ignorant people who ridicule someone for something physically at age 42 that they couldn't do at age 20. His stats are dropping off some? Who cares ofcourse they will but they're still better than most and he can still play a critical role. It's people like that who said Emmitt tarnished his legacy by playing for the cardinals... So far this year it looks like #22 will go out on a high note and even if he retired last year his record is intact and he would have went out playing with passion and still contributing.

83' volvo
Try a '04 Velocity Red RX-8 and I am only 22. Accounting is a very lucrative field to get into.Although I am sure passing out Smiley face stickers to people at Wal-mart has its perks too...

83' volvo
Try a '04 Velocity Red RX-8 and I am only 22. Accounting is a very lucrative field to get into.Although I am sure passing out Smiley face stickers to people at Wal-mart has its perks too...
22 and an accountant? I thought that took 6 years?? :) You live in a fantasy world.

83' volvo
22 and an accountant? I thought that took 6 years?? :) You live in a fantasy world.
6 years for a degree in accounting??? :rotflmao:Maybe in the "spechul ed" programs you are in

83' volvo
6 years for a degree in accounting??? :rotflmao:Maybe in the "spechul ed" programs you are in
I don't know just asking I'm not taking any accounting classes. I just thought it took 6 years to become a CPA...Ok so then you are less educated than I thought rofl

Lost your track here guys but I say #81 or whatever KRob's number is. If I were Seattle, especially with the drug problem, I'd say CYA!! I've wasted way too may picks on this guy waiting for him to come of age. No More!

From ESPN.com:

Largent open to Rice in No. 80

Steve Largent is a Hall of Famer and a Seahawks legend. But he won't stand in the way of newly-acquired Jerry Rice wearing Largent's retired No. 80. Largent, who went on to become a four-term U.S. congressman from Oklahoma, was elected to the Hall of Fame in 1995.

The number was retired by the team in 1995 after Largent's induction in Canton, Ohio, and hasn't been worn by a Seahawks player since he left.

Rice asked Largent for permission to unretire the number in Seattle, which Rice has worn throughout his NFL career, and received his blessing.

"When he said that, it sent chills through my body," Rice said. "It meant the world to me. I know what he did for this team. When you think about the Seattle Seahawks, you think about Steve Largent."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread