What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jets have new uniforms (1 Viewer)

Jets fan here, and used to love Raider Nation's uni threads and musings. I dig uniforms and critiques.

I personally think they're sharp. The Gotham Green pops and the font is indeed edgy, as the article points out. 

Nice work. Actually, really solid work.  

They did a good job with the uniforms.   Didn't try to do too much and end up with too much going on go or use strange numbers.  

I like them a lot!  I wish the Redskins would do the same thing and roll out new uniforms and change the tag line  to "Take a Hike" and show a picture of Snyder and Allen being kicked to the curb ;)

These jerseys have been stolen from the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the CFL. There won’t be a lawsuit, but there should be. 

Other than the logo on the helmet (that looks too cartoonish) I like them. Simple but modern and very clean look. 

Of course they can wear garbage bags for all I care so long as they win.

• Smile
Reactions: LBH
A good job, but I agree the helmet can be better.  The black looks really sharp.  Have always liked the classic Jets uniform (including the one they have done for the last 20 years)

Slapdash said:
A good job, but I agree the helmet can be better.  The black looks really sharp.  Have always liked the classic Jets uniform (including the one they have done for the last 20 years)
Black doesn’t look good on any uniform except the Raiders and Steelers. Spandex uniforms look awful anyway, but black ones like Jacksonville and New Orleans wear are hedious.  Baltimore’s and Seattle uniforms are ugly as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Black doesn’t look good on any uniform except the Raiders and Steelers. Spandex uniforms look awful anyway, but black ones like Jacksonville and New Orleans wear are hedious.  Baltimore’s and Seattle uniforms are ugly as well.
Black is what makes NO uniforms.  Horrible take on your part.

I really liked the old uniforms so this is a disappointment to me. I think the green and white they had was classic but I tend to be very conservative with my uniform tastes. 

They're worse, but by not as much as a lot of the newer ones.

Should not have added black.  Darker green and white is a good, clean look.  The pointy stripes and cartoony football on the helmet are cheesy.  Look, a football!

The spandex looks ridiculous and black spandex looks hedious.
I couldn't disagree more.

The white spandex pants that are oddly(and grossly) see-through are an abomination. Because they are peek-a-boo pants it means they need extra material on the posterior so there are no crack revelations on the field and it ends up looking like the players are wearing adult diapers under their uniform.....

https://i0.wp.com/pigskinnpearls.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/jeff_backus_backside_09112012.jpg

.... just pick a color. ANY color for love of god.

I really liked the old uniforms so this is a disappointment to me. I think the green and white they had was classic but I tend to be very conservative with my uniform tastes. 
 I always thought their color green should be more kelly green and not darker green.

I couldn't disagree more.

The white spandex pants that are oddly(and grossly) see-through are an abomination. Because they are peek-a-boo pants it means they need extra material on the posterior so there are no crack revelations on the field and it ends up looking like the players are wearing adult diapers under their uniform.....

https://i0.wp.com/pigskinnpearls.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/jeff_backus_backside_09112012.jpg

.... just pick a color. ANY color for love of god.
This. I have no issues whatsoever with black pants. Of course jersey colors & design play big factors in overall look. White pants are closer to hideous than any color choice. 

This. I have no issues whatsoever with black pants. Of course jersey colors & design play big factors in overall look. White pants are closer to hideous than any color choice. 
I think the Colts white pants with royal blue jerseys and striping is beautiful. 

Jets will be changing the uniforms again. Rumor being similar to the alternate jerseys they wore that looked like the 80s throwbacks.

They look sharp. My beef is with the J.B. Smoove hype video and the claim that the Jets have had "...some of the biggest names to ever play the game!"

I mean, there's Namath, maybe Revis, and a less-than-one-quarter-of-a-game Aaron Rodgers.

They look sharp. My beef is with the J.B. Smoove hype video and the claim that the Jets have had "...some of the biggest names to ever play the game!"

I mean, there's Namath, maybe Revis, and a less-than-one-quarter-of-a-game Aaron Rodgers.

What about Blair Thomas?

What about Blair Thomas?
Emerson Boozer

Matt Snell.

My Dad was actually good friends with Gerry Philbin...I remember meeting him when I was a kid.

If you like dumping on the Jets - no need for another thread. Jump on the official Jets thread and join us self hating die hards!

And BTW they have many stars who wore the Jets uni - usually years past their prime tho!

Users who are viewing this thread