What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jets letter to season ticket holders. (1 Viewer)

brednbuddah

Footballguy
I love my Jets, but this is the first letter I received from them in 15 years of being a season ticket holder, and we've have some pretty bad seasons, that I interpret as "Please don't give up your season tickets because we stunk this year!" (see highlight).

I also thought it was a little funny seeing Terry Bradway's signature. Think they could've waited an extra week or so before sending this letter out?

Dear Mr. "brednbuddah"

This week marks the beginning of a new and exciting chapter in the history of you Jets. Like you, our entire organization was deeply disappointed by our performance on the field this season, but we are already working hard to ensure that we return to playoff contender level and ultimately win an NFL championship.

As you have no doubt heard, we are pleased to have Eric Mangini as our new head coach, formerly the New England Patriots' highly regarded defensive coordinator. We spent more than 50 hoursover eight days interviewing eight quality candidates, three of them in-house. Eric is no stranger to the Jets and certainly no stranger to the AFC East. In six seasons with the Patriots he has made significant contributions to three Super Bowl teams, he's been exposed to some of the best coaches in pro football history and his attention to detail has earned him the respect of his players and fellow staff members.

Young, full of energy, and fiercely passionate about the intricacies of football, Eric brings with him a positive vision, a thirst for success and a work ethic that will make us all proud.

The introduction of coach Mangini marks the first in a series of steps that we will take during the off-season to address our strengths and weaknesses. In the coming weeks, Coach Mangini will meet with our coaches, players and scouting staff in preparation for the early off season training.

But if there is one thing that Coach Mangini already knows about our team it is that we have the greatest fans in the league. It is the loyalty, passion and unwaivering commitment of our fans this is the backbone of our franchise. Although we had a lackluster season due to an unprecedented number of injuries, we have made the playoffs for three of the past five seasons - and with your continued we won't just make the playoffs, but win a championship!

Off teh field, our new stadium joint venture with the New York Giants is proceeding on schedule and we will be testing new concepts with you over the coming months to make sure that the Jets new home more than meets your expectations.

Finally, in order to better communicate with you, our fans, we have embarked on two exciting new ventures. First, in addition to our partnership with WCBS which will continue to air our award winning shows 24/7 and Generation Jets, we have partnered with the nre regional sports channel, SportsNet NY, to form the official television home of the Mets and the Jets Playbook. SNYwill also have extensive draft, training camp and preseason coverage along with pre and post game programming throughout the season. Second, we have embarked on an ambitious multi-year makeover of our website to ensure that we can offer all Jets, all the time over the complete range of 21st century media outlets.

We are busier and more excited than ever and hope you are too.

On behalf of all of us at the Jets, thank you again for being a part of the Jets community.

Woody Johnson,

Jay Cross,

Terry Bradway

Brednbuddah, did you get this recently in the mail?

Haven't gotten mine yet, although I could probably do without the nonsense correspondence anyway. <_<

what's generation jet and sportnetNY? Never heard of em'
Generation Jets is a kids' cartoon. I haven't seen it, but have heard mixed things.SportsNet NY is a local cable affiliate co-sponsored by a couple of cable companies, including Time Warner and Comcast.

Haven't gotten mine yet, although I could probably do without the nonsense correspondence anyway. <_<
got it on Friday. my kids think generation jets is ok, but they'll tell ya it's no sponge bob :D

It's really just a bunch of kids running around nyc getting into situations that teach life lessons and the history of new york.

The Jets organization right now is an enigma,wrapped in confusion surrounded by disarray.
they try real hard to do the opposite of what the rival Pats do and they're darn good at it.

The Jets organization right now is an enigma,wrapped in confusion surrounded by disarray.
"Right now"? :cry:
Hey, Bradway and Herm aren't running things anmore, As a Jets fan, things have been worse, much worse.....I'm real interested in seeing if Herm has to make any real Game decisions in KC and how he comes through..... Plus I can laugh more at the Bang. Cartoons of Herm....

Take the hint.......

I don't think that they are seriously worried about losing season ticket holders. There are more people on the Jets waiting list than there were people at the last Dolphins playoff game.

Take the hint.......
Probably should, but I'm a glutton for punishment.
1) Get nails2) Heat to red hot

3) Push through eyes

4) Repeat 15 times, every Sunday, starting after Labor Day weekend.

You'll enjoy it more & it will cost a whole lot less.

Take the hint.......
Probably should, but I'm a glutton for punishment.
1) Get nails2) Heat to red hot

3) Push through eyes

4) Repeat 15 times, every Sunday, starting after Labor Day weekend.

You'll enjoy it more & it will cost a whole lot less.
Um, no.

Did anyone else tghink it was odd seeing Heimerdinger at the Pro Bowl as the Denver Asst Coach? Really, the Denver satff was there because of their performance during the season when he was a Jet. I know he's on their payroll now, Just seemed odd.

Did anyone else tghink it was odd seeing Heimerdinger at the Pro Bowl as the Denver Asst Coach? Really, the Denver satff was there because of their performance during the season when he was a Jet. I know he's on their payroll now, Just seemed odd.
Now you know why thw AFC lost. :lmao:

If Woody really gave a rats ### about Jets fans, he would not have spent 90% of his energies this past year on getting a stadium on Manhattan's West Side, only to end up back in Jersey while ignoring any opportunity to return the Jets back to or close to Long Island / Queens.

Hey, Bradway and Herm aren't running things anmore, As a Jets fan, things have been worse, much worse.....I'm real interested in seeing if Herm has to make any real Game decisions in KC and how he comes through..... Plus I can laugh more at the Bang. Cartoons of Herm....
absolutely. If this were '94 when they fired Carroll after one season only to hire Rich Kotite, then I'd agree with Mik789's comment. The current state of the Jets looks like a well-oiled machine compared to that train wreck.

If Woody really gave a rats ### about Jets fans, he would not have spent 90% of his energies this past year on getting a stadium on Manhattan's West Side, only to end up back in Jersey while ignoring any opportunity to return the Jets back to or close to Long Island / Queens.
I personally agree....But, apparently the Jets season ticket holders are over 50% from New Jersey.

At least that's what my Jets fan friend from Jersey says.

I would have loved a stadium in NYC and it would have been 100 time easier for me to get there - I'll probably rarely, if ever get to see a game in Jersey. - Just not worth the commute.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally agree....But, apparently the Jets season ticket holders are over 50% from New Jersey.

Could be a "chicken and egg" thing. The season ticket holder distribution by state may not match the fan distribution by state. To get from Long Island to NJ and back on a Sunday is quite a time commitment.

absolutely. If this were '94 when they fired Carroll after one season only to hire Rich Kotite, then I'd agree with Mik789's comment. The current state of the Jets looks like a well-oiled machine compared to that train wreck.
Even a well oiled machine can fail to start if the ignition and starter are bad. Give that old clunker a new paint job and it looks great,but if the internal parts are junk,the machine won't run. :banned:

Could be a "chicken and egg" thing. The season ticket holder distribution by state may not match the fan distribution by state. To get from Long Island to NJ and back on a Sunday is quite a time commitment.
CERTAINLY.I was on the Season Ticket list for about 10 years - My name recently came up and I turned it down - I just don't feel like commuting a total of 6 hours or so on Sunday's.

what's generation jet and sportnetNY? Never heard of em'
Generation Jets is a kids' cartoon. I haven't seen it, but have heard mixed things.SportsNet NY is a local cable affiliate co-sponsored by a couple of cable companies, including Time Warner and Comcast.
No...SportsNet NY is the New NY Mets television network. Just like the Yankees did with YES. I think the Jets are also part of Sportsnet NY in some way, I'm not sure about that part.

Even a well oiled machine can fail to start if the ignition and starter are bad. Give that old clunker a new paint job and it looks great,but if the internal parts are junk,the machine won't run. :banned:
that whoosh sound you just heard? was the point going right over your head.

that whoosh sound you just heard? was the point going right over your head.
...I figured it wasn't the sound of a well-oiled Jet going over my head. :banned:

Users who are viewing this thread