What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jimmy Graham injury (1 Viewer)

Eagle Eye

Footballguy
Left the game, taped it up, came back for a few plays and then left for the locker room.

Any updates on the ankle?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the first thing I've found online that supports the radio speculation about high ankle:

Jimmy Graham going back to the locker room. Walking very gingerly with help. Oh man.

— Michael Fabiano (@Michael_Fabiano) October 13, 2013

This report from NFL.com

Graham, meanwhile, also left with an ankle injury. He was able to return after getting the ankle taped, but he looked hobbled. Graham eventually had to be helped to the locker room late in the fourth quarter. Running back Darren Sproles was shaken up briefly, but it didn't look serious. New Orleans' best defensive player, Cameron Jordan, also missed time in the game.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000261894/article/partiots-danny-amendola-saints-jimmy-graham-hurt

Rotoworld's latest:

The Saints provided no update on Jimmy Graham's apparent left ankle/foot injury following Sunday's Week 6 loss.
Our guess is Graham avoided a serious injury because he was cleared to reenter the game, but later left for good. The Saints have a Week 7 bye for Graham to get his foot right. He finished Sunday's game without a catch for the first time since Graham's rookie season in 2010, when he was still learning to play football. Graham was a basketball player at Miami (FL

If my memory serves me correctly, isn't this EXACTLY what happened to him last year? Hurts his ankle right before the bye and we get no update on his injury until the Thursday before his next game. The saints label him as day-to-day until about 2 weeks later when they reveal he's in a boot and has a high ankle sprain. Out for a few more weeks and comes back not being the same for the rest of the season (think he also hurt his wrist too)

If my memory serves me correctly, isn't this EXACTLY what happened to him last year? Hurts his ankle right before the bye and we get no update on his injury until the Thursday before his next game. The saints label him as day-to-day until about 2 weeks later when they reveal he's in a boot and has a high ankle sprain. Out for a few more weeks and comes back not being the same for the rest of the season (think he also hurt his wrist too)
Yes, I think you are right. It was around this time last season, right before the bye.

I LOVE THIS!

YES BABY, YES!

He now fits in on my roster along with David Wilson, Julio, Cobb, Shorts, and Spiller (not technically hurt, though might as well be).

I was going to trade for Gronk to really compete but with this news, I'm look the SEKSIE!

George Darsaklis @georgedarsaklis
Jimmy Graham will only miss one week with a foot/ankle sprain. This is perfect for the #Saints, who have a bye in week seven anyway.
Why not add the rest of that conversation?

Zarelli ‏@Zarelli 1h

@georgedarsaklis this is great news, but per whom? The Saints FO is always tight-lipped re injuries.

George Darsaklis ‏@georgedarsaklis 1h

@Zarelli So wasn't serious enough for him to miss the rest of the game. Usually a week for these injuries I'd be surprised if he misses W7.

Zarelli ‏@Zarelli 1h

@georgedarsaklis also, when the cameras got close to him as he walked away, he brushed them aside. Not a good sign. Hope I'm wrong.

@Zarelli Haha, he should be good. He's the best TE in football right now, we need him in!

In other words, George has no clue and is just guessing.

I mean, I'm a optimistic Graham owner here, so take my words with a grain of salt. It is pretty encouraging that he did try to finish the game. It can't be that crazy if doctors felt like a tape job would help him finish. Also, even if he isn't 100% it's not like his play is based on speed or route running ability, it's just plain hard to cover 6'8. Unless the defenders are allowed to start using broom sticks or tennis rackets to defend him, I'm still rolling him out at 60, 70 or 80% after the bye.

I mean, I'm a optimistic Graham owner here, so take my words with a grain of salt. It is pretty encouraging that he did try to finish the game. It can't be that crazy if doctors felt like a tape job would help him finish. Also, even if he isn't 100% it's not like his play is based on speed or route running ability, it's just plain hard to cover 6'8. Unless the defenders are allowed to start using broom sticks or tennis rackets to defend him, I'm still rolling him out at 60, 70 or 80% after the bye.
Depends on the injury. If it is a high ankel sprain, kiss his current scoring pace goodbye.

I agree you still have to start him if he plays, only because you likely won't have a better option anyway, but limited players like White and Calvin are prime examples that make me SUPER nervous as a Graham owner. Not sure if it is lucky he did it before the bye or not, cause if it' sa high ankle sprain it will last all year.

One of the reasons why I didn't draft him this year.

Not gonna be fun for the Graham owners for the rest of the season.

You didn't draft him because he got injured last year?

He almost had a huge play after the injury when he came back in, but the cb just got his hand in between the ball and his body. Hopefully it's all good.

Wow you knew he would have the same exact injury?

Jimmy Graham will only miss one week with a foot/ankle sprain. This is perfect for the #Saints, who have a bye in week seven anyway.

Zarelli ‏@Zarelli 1h

@georgedarsaklis this is great news, but per whom? The Saints FO is always tight-lipped re injuries.

@Zarelli So wasn't serious enough for him to miss the rest of the game. Usually a week for these injuries I'd be surprised if he misses W7.

Zarelli ‏@Zarelli 1h

@georgedarsaklis also, when the cameras got close to him as he walked away, he brushed them aside. Not a good sign. Hope I'm wrong.

@Zarelli Haha, he should be good. He's the best TE in football right now, we need him in!

who is george, and why should we care what he thinks?

definitely didn't look good since he was running a route and cut away from defender...non contact. hope Liz Frank isn't paying him a visit.

Zarelli ‏@Zarelli 1h

Zarelli ‏@Zarelli 1h

Love the bolded tweet.. He didn't have a catch, the team was behind, and he was hurt. What was he supposed to do, blow them kisses?! Obviously he was frustrated, and the last thing he wanted was a camera in his face.

And the biggest reason is someone drafted him before you.

definitely didn't look good since he was running a route and cut away from defender...non contact. hope Liz Frank isn't paying him a visit.
It didn't look like that was when he got hurt though. To me it looked like he jumped up and just came down on his foot a little weird. We have no word at all on the injury. He could have something as simple as a bruised heal. Everything is pure speculations right now.

Ahh, hindsight is the best. I love how it makes everyone the most knowledgeable fantasy football owners. I suppose you didn't draft Peyton this year either because you know... the neck. And you definitely didn't draft AP this season or Charles because of the ACL worries. Go away.

Interesting to see what Graham owners in general have to trot out there...for example, in the one league I have him, I have Julius Thomas as his backup. Another league I am in the Graham owner also has Thomas. Decent chance many of the Graham owners are backing him up with Jordan Cameron/Julius Thomas or even a Charles Clay and may not be in as bad of shape as it would seem.

The Saints are in trouble if Graham misses more time. Brees has gotten to the point where the only person he looks for in the red zone is Graham.

I have no idea about his particular injury, but I wouldn't read anything into the bolded- Julio Jones did finish the game.

Well I hope the other reasons were better than this one, because this is all kinds of dumb.

The Saints are in trouble if Graham misses more time. Brees has gotten to the point where the only person he looks for in the red zone is Graham.
Tell that to Sunday October 13th... the day Jimmy Graham posted a line of 0/0/0 in a game where the Saints posted 27 points.

Khy said:
Bad_Mo said:
It didn't look like that was when he got hurt though. To me it looked like he jumped up and just came down on his foot a little weird. We have no word at all on the injury. He could have something as simple as a bruised heal. Everything is pure speculations right now.

LargeMouthBass said:
TeeDub said:

Ahh, hindsight is the best. I love how it makes everyone the most knowledgeable fantasy football owners. I suppose you didn't draft Peyton this year either because you know... the neck. And you definitely didn't draft AP this season or Charles because of the ACL worries. Go away.
He was hurt long before he jumped. You could see the hitch in his giddy up just after he cut across the field. I thought he might have blown his achilles. When he got taped and came back in, I thought it was an apparent that it was a foot sprain. If I were an owner, I'd be worried because it might be a lis franc injury.

Uncle Leo said:
This sucks. I lost Julio on Monday. He gets hurt on top of getting me a zero. On top of all this I own Brees.
Well, you can take solace in the fact that the rest of your league is laughing behind your back.

Dr. Bramel has talked several times about players getting through the game on adrenaline and continous activity not really being indicative of how bad the injury is.

thatguythere said:
LargeMouthBass said:
TeeDub said:

Well I hope the other reasons were better than this one, because this is all kinds of dumb.
This is one of the reasons I didn't want to draft him at his value too. Had him last year and the situation killed me

LargeMouthBass said:
TeeDub said:

LOL. Did you not draft Julio too? Damn, you're an awesome drafter.

thatguythere said:
LargeMouthBass said:
TeeDub said:

This is one of the reasons I didn't want to draft him at his value too. Had him last year and the situation killed me
Well he is 3rd in my league in scoring W/T/R (behind Charles and Lynch) after taking a 0 yesterday. So if you had taken him with the 3rd pick in the draft you'd be getting exactly what you paid for ... very few people could say that. If you had taken him in the 2nd or 3rd you would be getting a fantastic ROI.

LargeMouthBass said:
TeeDub said:

LOL. Did you not draft Julio too? Damn, you're an awesome drafter.
This is why I draft only Backup QBs ... they are much less likely to get injured than starters

Bunch of doctors in here or people that have stayed at a holiday inn express. No use speculating. Go grab a te on the wire with the most upside, unless you already have one, then hope for the best

Graham has a bye in week 7 anyways, so graham owners had to pan the WW for a TE anyways. Hopefully Graham gets plenty of rest and back by week 8.

A league source tells Profootballtalk.com Jimmy Graham is undergoing a Monday MRI on his knee.

Users who are viewing this thread