What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jimmy Graham redraft ranking 2014? (1 Viewer)

BroncosFan07

Footballguy
I tried the search function but could not find the topic discussing where you would draft Jimmy Graham in a redraft last year. Can anybody help me find it?

I call graham "Baby Gronk" I would still take 100% healthy Gonk over Graham. I would guess early 2nd round for Jimmy.

UFA…what if he isn't a Saint?
He will get Franchised if he doesn't sign a long term contract with the Saints. With the Saints, I see him as a Late 1st/Early 2nd pick (10-18)

But it is an interesting What If? Depending on the team, that might bump him down to round 3 or so. I don't really see any other team outside of the Saints to increase his value substantially.

probably anywhere in the first round outside the top 3 in ppr.

he is so good and so consistant that i would feel really good grabbing him with a first, loading up on wrs, and then grabbing rbs later with rbbc s prevalent now.

UFA…what if he isn't a Saint?
He will get Franchised if he doesn't sign a long term contract with the Saints. With the Saints, I see him as a Late 1st/Early 2nd pick (10-18)

But it is an interesting What If? Depending on the team, that might bump him down to round 3 or so. I don't really see any other team outside of the Saints to increase his value substantially.
purely hypothetical but do the pats have the camp room to sign him?

WIth the way so many RBs disappointed this year, I could easily see people taking him very very high and then worrying about Rbs later.

The best redraft team I have ever had is one that drafted Calvin and Graham first, sprinkled in Romo in the mid, and picked up Moreno and FJax at the tail end this year. Pure luck, I know, but the value of Graham every week is immense.

WIth the way so many RBs disappointed this year, I could easily see people taking him very very high and then worrying about Rbs later.

The best redraft team I have ever had is one that drafted Calvin and Graham first, sprinkled in Romo in the mid, and picked up Moreno and FJax at the tail end this year. Pure luck, I know, but the value of Graham every week is immense.
this i went with graham and aj green first 2 rounds this year.

picked up sproles and vereen in 3rd and 6th respectively.

got gio in 7th, jackson in 9th, and woodhead later on.

I think it could be the wave of the future especially in ppr leagues. where a guy like woodhead in 7th round or later is putting up rb 2 numbers and you can focus your energy else where early.

A torn plantar fascia is what took the wind out of Antonio Gates' sails. He's having a decent year but he was never the same after that injury.

I'm crushing it on two of my 3 teams with most points scored by a mile in both where I drafted Graham mid to late 2nd (other one has Gronk). I remembered a couple guys joking at the draft about taking a TE that early...I laughed and said "talk to me at the end of the year..." In that 1/2 ppr format he's ranked as the #3 RB/WR/TE overall...6 pts behind AJ Green and 3 pts behind Calvin. He's been beyond a beast and I'm not sure why other people, ESPECIALLY with Gronk out, didn't see him as one of the biggest difference makers in the draft.

Next year the gig is up though, especially with RB's performing the way they have. He'll go mid to late 1st in most drafts (or at least he should).

I'd say Graham will be the 2nd TE drafted in 2014. I think both Gronk and Graham will get drafted in the 1st with Gronk getting drafted in the top 6 or 7 picks, and Graham at the end of the 1st round. The only guys I would definitely take ahead of the two stud TE's are Calvin, Charles, McCoy, and AP. After those 4, you can make an argument for either Gronk or Graham. The difference those two make at the TE position are insane in relative terms.

You guys would still Draft them that high with people like Jordan Cameron and Julius Thomas in the mix?

You guys would still Draft them that high with people like Jordan Cameron and Julius Thomas in the mix?
Yes. They are two of the most consistent players in fantasy. Julius Thomas is playing great, and that will be reflected next year if he continues this pace. I feel like FF is changing quickly with RB's being phased. That will be even more apparent during next year’s drafts, where more TE's will go earlier than ever. I could see Thomas going in the 3rd next year.

If I were doing a redraft at this moment for 2014 (non-ppr) I'd go

1.1 ADP

1.2 Charles

1.3 McCoy

1.4 Calvin

1.5 Graham

1.6 AJ Green

1.7 Forte

1.8 Lacy

1.9 Gronk

1.10 Brees

Graham to me is 1.05 in non ppr redraft. In a required Te ppr league, I'd take him 1.04

1.1 ADP

1.2 Charles

1.3 McCoy

1.4 Calvin

1.5 Graham

1.6 AJ Green

1.7 Forte

1.8 Lacy

1.9 Gronk

1.10 Brees

Graham to me is 1.05 in non ppr redraft. In a required Te ppr league, I'd take him 1.04
i think i'd flip charles to 1, mcoy to 2, peterson to 3.. but either way if you drew one of those slots your gonna be happy

1.1 ADP

1.2 Charles

1.3 McCoy

1.4 Calvin

1.5 Graham

1.6 AJ Green

1.7 Forte

1.8 Lacy

1.9 Gronk

1.10 Brees

The fact you left of Peyton means I would use this list to wipe myself if need be,

A torn plantar fascia is what took the wind out of Antonio Gates' sails. He's having a decent year but he was never the same after that injury.
go away debbie downer
Graham is always hurt it seems now. Thats highly important. I love his 2 TD games, but this past week was not what you want from a guy you have to take extremely early.
i will gladly take a te in the first round if his floor is 11 points in ppr.that's normally my goal at the te position.

I would. He's out scoring those two (#2 and #3 TEs) by 4-6ppg. The #12 by ~12ppg. $$$
ya, and Cameron came out of the gate on fire and has cooled since. Gronk/Graham have proven it over years...have had teams adjust to them and their styles and focus on them and try to shut them down and are still insanely successful.

If he gets the franchise tag, I take him at the middle to end of round 1 - If he gets a huge contract, I have to rethink where I value him... I don't know enough about Jimmy to say the money doesn't go to his head. Maybe hire a P.I. or something to follow him around before making that determination.

It was tough between Brees and Manning, but went Brees because I'm less worried about him getting hurt.

It was tough between Brees and Manning, but went Brees because I'm less worried about him getting hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread