What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

John Denver: 75th Birthday (1 Viewer)

John Denver Best Song

• Leaving On A Jet Plane

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I'm Sorry

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Annie's Song

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Rocky Mountain High

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • Sunshine On My Shoulders

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Take Me Home Country Roads

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Thank God I'm A Country Boy

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Back Home Again

• Fly Away

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rhymes and Reasons

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

• Total voters

prosopis

Arizona Chupacabra
One of my all time favorites. John Denver was my first concert as a young lad. I voted for Sunshine on my Shoulders but that could change tomorrow. I will say that song consistently makes me tear up. I love the sentiment of the song.

Apple Jack

Footballguy
RMH was my vote- but also like Poems. Prayers, and Promises, and Eagle and the Hawk
Eagle and the Hawk and Calypso were my first favorite songs. Also dug Grandma's Feather Bed from some live recording. My Dad was strictly a classical music guy, but just about all the "straight" world was down with John Denver in the '70s. The freaks, who are more my people, not so much. But I remember laying down next to the stereo, which was a massive piece of furniture as much as it was a stereo, and playing those songs over and over getting my first taste of liftoff. Pretty great thing really.

soothsayer

Footballguy
Apple Jack said:
Eagle and the Hawk and Calypso were my first favorite songs.
Calypso on his Wildlife Concert disc is so awesome. If you've never heard that version I encourage you to check it out.

For You was one of my wedding songs.

Users who are viewing this thread