What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jordan Cameron/Jimmy Graham ... statistical pace after 4 games (1 Viewer)

I just traded Cameron

Rivers / Cameron / Steve Johnson / Pierce for Cam Newton / Calvin Johnson / Gio Bernard / Scott Chandler

I was not looking to trade Cameron but I like what I got in return
You won that one big.Cam >> Rivers

Calvin >> Cameron

Gio >= Stevie/Pierce

Chandler >= raging hemorrhoids

I have tried proposing similar deals like what you gave up for Calvin only and have been shot down. To get Cam and Gio on top of that is an unbelievable haul.
I guess I can retract this statement somewhat since I had a brainfart and thought I was in the completed dynasty trade thread. It's still a win in redraft but a lot closer.

Graham is in motion on the majority of plays. Saints are trying to stay one step ahead of the double-teams. According to PFF, he was slot or wide on 34 of 54 plays; so he is still staying tight half the time. It's harder to dictate coverage when youre lined up tight and the Saints dont want him double teamed.

This is very different than what the Patriots were doing with Hernandez when he'd line up wide >50% of the time. That was for spacing and b/c he truly wasnt meant to be a TE. I think the Saints would be less eager to split him out if teams werent game planning around him; AHernandez never got this level of attention.

I have Gronk and Cameron in a one of my locals. My RBs are terrible and have been trying to deal one of them for an upgrade and can't get any takers.

I have Gronk and Cameron in a one of my locals. My RBs are terrible and have been trying to deal one of them for an upgrade and can't get any takers.
I'm in somewhat the same boat in the leagues where I have Cameron and Graham. Cameron doesn't have name recognition or full trust given the team and QB, so not only does no one wants to pay what he is worth, no one is even interested. Graham's suitors won't part with a solid RB1 or WR1 in exchange.

Many TEs are doing just well enough this year that their owners don't feel much pressure to upgrade the position at the expense of another.

Ive been offered charles ,d thomas, eifert ,patterson and a 1st for alf or trich ,spiller ,powell ,nicks, kenbrell , n cameron.

I've rejected it twice now hes thrown in a second rd pick.

I still don't feel like I am getting offers for what Cameron's long term value is. Having an advantage like him at TE slot is huge. WR and QB are so plentiful this year, only way I move him is for a top tier WR or RB in return. In Norvs system I don't see a huge dropoff barring injury...

The thing is that Cameron and Gronk are TE's

Graham is a WR and the NFL should force him to change his designation. The Saints will be forced to pay him as one by rule of the number of snaps he has taken at that position if the franchise him and I would love the league to make him change his title to WR.
Graham would still be the #1 WR.

Own Gronk and Cameron, no TE flex so have been shopping them. Not getting any good offers either. Garçon for Cameron, DJax and MJD for Cameron and CJ0K.

I was offered AJ Green/T. Gonzalez for J. Nelson/Cameron...and turned it down. I would have never thought that would happen a few weeks ago.
Graham can absolutely keep up his production. He was double teamed on almost every pass he caught yesterday and was still unstoppable. I honestly think he's as dominant of a receiving threat as Calvin Johnson right now. His 1st touchdown catch last night he made against perfect coverage. He just went up over the 2 guys on him and was strong enough to bring it down. It really isn't fair.

Cameron has looked great this year too, but he's been seeing single coverage mostly from what I've seen. If he keeps putting up these stats he'll start to draw a lot more doubles even with Gordon's as a deep threat, especially in the red zone. It will be interesting to see if he can beat them consistently like Jimmy has this year.
Calvin is a good comp for Graham.he isn't as fast, but he is bigger and stronger, and probably is more dominant in red zone...

as good as stafford is, graham has benefit of better, far more accurate QB (and more diversified offense, though lions are looking dangerous when bush is healthy)...

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy low on Cam after this game. <_<
a top 3 price isnt low
Lots of guys weren't confident in Cam and this will probably cause a few of his owners to panic a bit and move him for less than they would've earlier if they own him behind Graham, Gronk, or maybe another couple of top TEs. This might be the "cheapest" you'll be able to get him all season; I"m not saying he'll go for bottom dollar.

I agree completely.

A Cinderella story like Cameron throwing up a stinker with Weeden, his QB for the foreseeable future, could place some serious doubt in some owners' heads, the ones who have been thinking "this is too good to be true!"

If you're a true believer, wait till Tuesday or so and make some inquiries.

I'm talking about dynasty, here, if he's owned by someone trying to win now especially.

Cameron's pace through the first four games was unsustainable, but there has to be at least concern going forward with Weeden back in the picture.

Beyond the fact that Hoyer seemed to make throws that Weeden hasn't (or can't), last night was the first game where Weeden had both Cameron and Gordon to throw to (as Gordon was obviously suspended for the first two games). And while the targets were 6 to Gordon and 5 to Cameron, it didn't look like Weeden was looking Cameron's way a lot on his progressions.

Again, one game, but Cameron owners definitely got a taste of reality last night.

Cameron's pace through the first four games was unsustainable, but there has to be at least concern going forward with Weeden back in the picture.

Beyond the fact that Hoyer seemed to make throws that Weeden hasn't (or can't), last night the first game where Weeden had both Cameron and Gordon to throw to (as Gordon was obviously suspended for the first two games). And while the targets were 6 to Gordon and 5 to Cameron, it didn't look like Weeden was looking Cameron's way a lot on his progressions.

Again, one game, but Cameron owners definitely got a taste of reality last night.
You make a point, but Cameron was a stud week 1 with Weeden. If you watched some of the replays, Cameron was getting some pretty heavy coverage for most of the game, obviously at the expense of Gordon. Teams can't focus on both Cameron and Gordon, so there will always be up and down games.

I just don't buy that last night's game was a "taste of reality", especially due to the Browns getting a punt return TD and defensive TD. The Browns won't be playing with the lead in most games. It was more of an anomaly, with the norm being somewhere between.

Beyond the fact that Hoyer seemed to make throws that Weeden hasn't (or can't), last night was the first game where Weeden had both Cameron and Gordon to throw to (as Gordon was obviously suspended for the first two games). And while the targets were 6 to Gordon and 5 to Cameron, it didn't look like Weeden was looking Cameron's way a lot on his progressions.

Exactly, one game. He still put up great numbers when Weeden was QB at he beginning on the season. Granted, with no Gordon. But I see no reason for concern just yet.

Beyond the fact that Hoyer seemed to make throws that Weeden hasn't (or can't), last night the first game where Weeden had both Cameron and Gordon to throw to (as Gordon was obviously suspended for the first two games). And while the targets were 6 to Gordon and 5 to Cameron, it didn't look like Weeden was looking Cameron's way a lot on his progressions.

You make a point, but Cameron was a stud week 1 with Weeden. If you watched some of the replays, Cameron was getting some pretty heavy coverage for most of the game, obviously at the expense of Gordon. Teams can't focus on both Cameron and Gordon, so there will always be up and down games.

I just don't buy that last night's game was a "taste of reality", especially due to the Browns getting a punt return TD and defensive TD. The Browns won't be playing with the lead in most games. It was more of an anomaly, with the norm being somewhere between.
If anything, I learned that the Thursday night fantasy curse is the real deal.

Definitely agree with this. Weeden was the QB the first 2 weeks when JC put up over 200 yards and a TD. People were worried when Hoyer had to come in. Cameron's produced with both QBs.

Definitely agree with this. Weeden was the QB the first 2 weeks when JC put up over 200 yards and a TD. People were worried when Hoyer had to come in. Cameron's produced with both QBs.
My point was that in weeks 1 and 2, Cameron produced with Weeden but Gordon was out.

Not to make much of it, but it's something to watch going forward assuming Hoyer is done.

Sorry you other Cameron owners. Finally took the plunge and started him this week. I guess I should have warned y'all before the game.

I think there is cause for concern. With Hoyer injured who had a quick release, they will need Cameron to stay and block more with Weeden who holds the ball for an eternity.Gordon is by far their most dangerous weapon.

I think there is cause for concern. With Hoyer injured who had a quick release, they will need Cameron to stay and block more with Weeden who holds the ball for an eternity.Gordon is by far their most dangerous weapon.
Lol, why are people acting like Weeden's offense is brand new? See weeks 1 and 2.

If Cameron didst get molested in front end zone, he might have had a TD. Even if he wouldn't have, he had an end zone target from 1st and goal.

Relax. I'd only start to panic if he stops getting targeted all together, but he and Gordon had similar targets last night. Now to mention that Weeden didn't really have it together until later in the game.

Weeden targeted Cam in the back of the endzone on a pass interference play... TD ended up going to McGahee who took 3 trys to get it in from 2 feet out. Cam is going to continue to get score TDs, don't panic.

Lol, why are people acting like Weeden's offense is brand new? See weeks 1 and 2.If Cameron didst get molested in front end zone, he might have had a TD. Even if he wouldn't have, he had an end zone target from 1st and goal.

Relax. I'd only start to panic if he stops getting targeted all together, but he and Gordon had similar targets last night. Now to mention that Weeden didn't really have it together until later in the game.
Right, but Gordon was suspended week 1 and 2.

Lol, why are people acting like Weeden's offense is brand new? See weeks 1 and 2.If Cameron didst get molested in front end zone, he might have had a TD. Even if he wouldn't have, he had an end zone target from 1st and goal.

Right, but Gordon was suspended week 1 and 2.
Gordon helps Cameron's value. They are used completely differently and draw coverage individually since Cameron runs underneath and Gordon is an outside threat. Not to mention, Cam is pretty much the first endzone option. See Gordon's stat line last week compared to this week. The only real difference was the long TD. Would you say Weeden is a better QB from what's we've seen? I doubt it.

Weeden targeted Cam in the back of the endzone on a pass interference play... TD ended up going to McGahee who took 3 trys to get it in from 2 feet out. Cam is going to continue to get score TDs, don't panic.
I thought it was 7 attempts within 5 yards.

I was offered AJ Green/T. Gonzalez for J. Nelson/Cameron...and turned it down. I would have never thought that would happen a few weeks ago.
Graham can absolutely keep up his production. He was double teamed on almost every pass he caught yesterday and was still unstoppable. I honestly think he's as dominant of a receiving threat as Calvin Johnson right now. His 1st touchdown catch last night he made against perfect coverage. He just went up over the 2 guys on him and was strong enough to bring it down. It really isn't fair.

Cameron has looked great this year too, but he's been seeing single coverage mostly from what I've seen. If he keeps putting up these stats he'll start to draw a lot more doubles even with Gordon's as a deep threat, especially in the red zone. It will be interesting to see if he can beat them consistently like Jimmy has this year.
Calvin is a good comp for Graham.he isn't as fast, but he is bigger and stronger, and probably is more dominant in red zone...

as good as stafford is, graham has benefit of better, far more accurate QB (and more diversified offense, though lions are looking dangerous when bush is healthy)...
I was ready to call BS on this, but looked it up and :doh: ...Graham is 265?! Wow. He doesn't look that big on TV.

Rick James said:

I was ready to call BS on this, but looked it up and :doh: ...Graham is 265?! Wow. He doesn't look that big on TV.
I'm not a small guy, but I've stood next to Jimmy and he is massive. 6'7" and 265lbs legit. with 4.5 speed. it really isn't fair.

Everyone's saying Weeden and Cam had good rapport in weeks 1 and 2. True. But people have short memories. Think of politics -- how many elections swing on actions right before? That's why there's such a thing as the "October Surprise." And FF is even worse -- panic can set in instantly, especially for owners with a bad record.

I think some Cameron owners already were skeptical and will have this stinker fresh in their minds and figure the good numbers were fluky or even will have mostly forgotten about them. Read through the threads here; most of his owners have been trying to move him and keep Graham and Gronk, not vice versa, even though the latter two are more marketable.

I could be wrong I don't think Cameron is going to put up many more stinkers. This is the best time to try to pry him away from his current owners if you want him and believe in him.

Cameron with Hoyer = 23 targets (24% of attempts) - 16 receptions - 69.6% catch rate - 9.8 yd/rec

Cameron with Weeden = 24 targets (21.8% of attempts) - 18 receptions - 75.0% catch rate - 12.9 yd/rec

Did anyone think he would have 1600 yds and 20 tds, the pace he was on? He will be fine, enjoy the ride...

Squintz82 said:
Cameron with Hoyer = 23 targets (24% of attempts) - 16 receptions - 69.6% catch rate - 9.8 yd/rec

Cameron with Weeden = 24 targets (21.8% of attempts) - 18 receptions - 75.0% catch rate - 12.9 yd/rec
:thumbup:

I'm not a small guy, but I've stood next to Jimmy and he is massive. 6'7" and 265lbs legit. with 4.5 speed. it really isn't fair.
Check out some Google pics of him with other teammates off the field. He is huge.But what makes him so special is his ability to catch the ball at its highest point while he is in the air. Almost unstoppable. Speed matters little when you literally have a good 6 inches of vertical space where the ball can be thrown to and you can get to it, but a defender wouldn't get a fingertip on it.

He's very much like Gates, but even more athletic and taller. Gates uses his body the same way but Graham has even more physical prowess.

He's amazing. Enjoy watching him and Brees for a few more seasons at least.

Users who are viewing this thread