What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Josh Freeman this week - what say Shark Pool? (1 Viewer)

Sweetness_34

Footballguy
He is up against NO this week at home. Easy start? He scored a lot of points in the first match up last year but did not score much in the 2nd match up against NO. Is the NO pass D any better this year?

The Bucs seem to be on the verge of an implosion right now. Schiano is rigging captaincy votes. Player's only meetings. Josh missed the team photo.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Saints laugh them off their own field.

Not to hijack the intent of this thread, but Doug Martin will continue to see the box stacked, as Josh really has only two receivers he throws to anymore. The TE's and other WR's are nowhere to be found. The only positive is there should be plenty of garbage time, and maybe that will help boost Josh's numbers on the way to an 0-3 start (eventually).

Huge bucs fan here. That being said, Freeman looked really bad last week. However our Defense looked really good. I would not be surprised if this was a low scoring game, with NO winning. Would be shocked if the bucs scored more than 20 and Freeman had more than 200yds/2td's. I have him in a couple deep leagues, there is no chance he gets played this week.

Dude is planted solidly upon my bench. He sucks. 50% completion percentage. Prone to throw the INT. He's just above Blaine Gabbert and Mark Sanchez in my book. Glennon better be preparing!

Grahamburn said:
The Bucs seem to be on the verge of an implosion right now. Schiano is rigging captaincy votes. Player's only meetings. Josh missed the team photo.

:goodposting:

Grahamburn said:
Schiano is rigging captaincy votes. Player's only meetings.
That was my first thought when I saw the captain story -- that Schiano was behind it. But then I figured that was just too ridiculous even if there is a 5th grade class in Dubuque missing its gym teacher.

But holy crap:

Seeing the "C" ripped from Freeman's jersey reportedly led to a players-only meeting prior to Week 1, a league source told ProFootballTalk on Wednesday. Behind closed doors, players raised concerns about the legitimacy of the voting, according to the source, but Schiano says there's nothing to debate. [snip]Schiano acknowledged he counted the votes

Seeing the "C" ripped from Freeman's jersey reportedly led to a players-only meeting prior to Week 1, a league source told ProFootballTalk on Wednesday. Behind closed doors, players raised concerns about the legitimacy of the voting, according to the source, but Schiano says there's nothing to debate. [snip]Schiano acknowledged he counted the votes
Some crazy Big Brother/Survivor back doors happening in the bucs locker room!!!

Look at his numbers the last time they played. Yikes
Fyi for all - As everyone knows the Saints' D turned in one of all time over the course of last year.

They had one good game, a 41-0 shutout of the Bucs.

That's one of those performances where you wonder if someone or several someones on the team was making some kind of statement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lot of fishyness layered inside the news of Freeman losing his captain's "C".

You never hear a veteran losing his "C" on a team at any position, much less the clear leader, the starting QB.

Players only meetings are common. But in the first week after the first game? Panic mode.

The Bucs have 5 captains, 2 offense, 2 defense and one special teams. They are allowed by rule to have 6. It's not like they couldn't afford a captain's spot.

This looks an awful lot like coach Schiano has it in for Josh Freeman.

This looks an awful lot like coach Schiano has it in for Josh Freeman.
I've been shrill on this subject for a while now, so I'll give it a rest.

But good lord this whole off-season with Freeman is just the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Even if you don't think Freeman is a top tier QB it's not like legit starting QBs grow on trees where you can just cast one aside and decide which of the remaining ones you want to keep.

The Bucs get what they deserve if they keep Schiano/Glennon and let Freeman walk.

Look at his numbers the last time they played. Yikes
Fyi for all - As everyone knows the Saints' D turned in one of all time over the course of last year.

They had one good game, a 41-0 shutout of the Bucs.

That's one of those performances where you wonder if someone or several someones on the team was making some kind of statement.
This game is in Tampa. Josh had a great game in the first contest last year at home. That being said, I'm not expecting much with all the distractions at the moment.

Nicks might play, so that should help.

Grahamburn said:

Glad to see Graham who I know roots for the Bucs as the 1st post after the OP. I was shocked reading this stuff online, Schiano is gonna go not Freeman. If I'm Josh Freeman I keep taking the high road and letting my teammates do the talking. They are ready to run Schiano out of there...I've always wondered what would happen if all 45-52 payers marched into the owners office or GM's office and said "We quit"

Don't get it twisted. Schiano is going to use Freeman as his alibi for this year. Dominik drafted Freeman back in the Gruden era as his first draft pick. But Schiano has no allegiances to Josh. If the season goes really bad, won't be enough to save any of them. But the Tampa fanbase and pundits were screaming mad at the top of their lungs at the end of last season and Josh Freeman was the town's #1 whipping boy. If he fails to get this team to the playoffs, he'll be run out of town. Freeman is dancing on paper thin ice. Betcha dollars to donuts Free will get run before Schiano.

Grahamburn said:

They have Jets fans thinking Super Bowl hahahahaha...

Yea, Saints win big - Freeman getting ready to sit for Glennon

Grahamburn said:
Schiano is rigging captaincy votes. Player's only meetings.
That was my first thought when I saw the captain story -- that Schiano was behind it. But then I figured that was just too ridiculous even if there is a 5th grade class in Dubuque missing its gym teacher.

But holy crap:

Controversial election results in south Florida.

Did not see that coming.

Honestly, if some of this stuff is true, why not just fire Schiano NOW, and let Mike Sullivan be the head coach. There's a ton of talent on this team, and if the #### hits the fan this franchise is going to be set back another 10 years.

Honestly, if some of this stuff is true, why not just fire Schiano NOW, and let Mike Sullivan be the head coach. There's a ton of talent on this team, and if the #### hits the fan this franchise is going to be set back another 10 years.
Revis is helping the cause. I'm not sure if firing him is a viable option but if it is, it's good news for fantasy owners.

Users who are viewing this thread