What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

JRE Podcast w/Dr. Peter McCullough - MUST WATCH (For the Open-Minded) (1 Viewer)

Why bring politics into it?

Either he's a hack and a fraud (he is) or he's not.

Truth still exists and if one side abandons it, it's not a "both sides" thing.
Are you asking me why?  No clue, I’m just making an observation.  I’ve been saying for almost two years that I have no clue why a pandemic is political, but unfortunately for some it is.

Are you asking me why?  No clue, I’m just making an observation.  I’ve been saying for almost two years that I have no clue why a pandemic is political, but unfortunately for some it is.
it's relevant in that one side continues to go to great lengths to spread lies and conspiracy theories in an attempt to support a claim that the virus is some kind of global hoax. 

it's relevant in that one side continues to go to great lengths to spread lies and conspiracy theories in an attempt to support a claim that the virus is some kind of global hoax. 
I don’t disagree with you but normally something like that doesn’t break entirely by political sides.  Things like Moon landing and JFK conspiracies are normally non-political. 

I don’t disagree with you but normally something like that doesn’t break entirely by political sides.  Things like Moon landing and JFK conspiracies are normally non-political. 
true.  conspiracy theories usually break along amount of education.  here though it's all about "muh freedom" versus keeping others safe.  

My goodness what an amazing long-form interview, covering so much of what has gone sideways with societal Covid policy. This is a must listen/watch for anyone out there who actually wants to explore and consider all sides and angles of this issue...

It's been banned on SpewTube, Twatter, Fakebook, so you'll need to access the Joe Rogan Podcast episode directly on Spotify. It's available on their free platform, but you'll need to register for a Spotify account. The video version is only available on mobile devices from what I can tell, but you can listen to the audio version from your computer... Spotify.com

---

WARNING: the information presented by Dr. McCullough in this interview is mind-blowing. Many here won't like it at all b/c it'll challenge so many of their dug-in narratives. Many here will surely try to attack me and/or Dr. McCullough for conveying this to you. Listen to the interview and decide for yourselves whether or not it's worth your time. I'm listening to hour 3 (of 2:45) now and it's beyond worth your time IMHO.
SpewTube, Twatter, Fakebook

This is where we are now?

Makes you wonder he was like this before he went to medical school or whether he just went off the rails at a later date.   Seems weird to study medicine but not believe in accepted science or fact-based logic.
Given your performance in the Rittenhouse thread you’ll have to pardon other’s reluctance to consider you as the bastion of what is or isn’t true. 

A big Joe Rogan fan and love his interviews.  Also a big Sam Harris fan.  Here’s what Sam Harris thinks about the Joe Rogan Dr Peter interview. Pretty long video attached to this as well. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/SamHarrisOrg/status/1471991180233625602
Can’t stand Rogan. Don’t know Sam Harris, but the physician in that interview is an interesting guy, who makes a lot of videos parodying healthcare dysfunction. While I don’t agree with everything he says, his arguments to dispel the OP’s conspiratorial nonsense are good.

Just taking stock of this thread:

One group of FBGs is interested in having a discussion and looking at all the information. 

Another group is vehemently advocating that if you don’t do what they think you’re a mouth breathing moron, redneck or you’re “uninformed”. 

I’ve been following Dr. Rhonda Patrick for the past 4-5 years.   Here is her 15 minute exchange with Joe Rogan 

You Tube

If you prefer long form podcast, she is excellent. Here is 2.5 hour group discussion on Covid from September - Discussion on Vaccines

One group of FBGs is interested in having a discussion and looking at all the information. 

Another group is vehemently advocating that if you don’t do what they think you’re a mouth breathing moron, redneck or you’re “uninformed”. 
I dont think taking a guest on JRE at face value is "having a discussion and looking at all the information. "

I dont think taking a guest on JRE at face value is "having a discussion and looking at all the information. "
Did that happen? I just see a poster posting a link that disagrees with what most on this board believes and subsequently being insulted for it. 

It’s one thing to be flippant about it, but it’s clear some posters have a visceral, emotional response. It’s very telling. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Did that happen? I just see a poster posting a link that disagrees with what most on this board believes and subsequently being insulted for it. 

It’s one thing to be flippant about it, but it’s clear some posters have a visceral, emotional response. It’s very telling. 
You mean like the OP?

You mean like the OP?
This is “taking everything said as face value”?

This is a must listen/watch for anyone out there who actually wants to explore and consider all sides and angles of this issue...

I haven’t listened to the podcast, I probably won’t, and I have no knowledge of the guest but when (the same) posters start getting bent out of shape it raises a red flag. 

Let people have a discussion and explain why they are wrong or the information is bad. Calling them stupid is unbecoming and unwise. 

If this continues long term it will have an undesired effect. Insulting the littles is not the best strategy as there are significantly more littles than bigs. 

I was ready to argue that if there were any clearly emotional responses to the OP, it would have been more understandable when you consider the context beyond this one thread and look at the history of these discussions on this board.  But then I skimmed back through this thread and don't see any clear visceral, emotional responses. 

What is telling is when some people try to discard reasonable, reasoned responses as "emotional" or "close-minded."

I was ready to argue that if there were any clearly emotional responses to the OP, it would have been more understandable when you consider the context beyond this one thread and look at the history of these discussions on this board.  But then I skimmed back through this thread and don't see any clear visceral, emotional responses. 

What is telling is when some people try to discard reasonable, reasoned responses as "emotional" or "close-minded."

perhaps one group is just more gullible.  there's a reason so many on the right have defended lawsuits by claiming "no reasonable person would believe what I say"

true.  conspiracy theories usually break along amount of education.  here though it's all about "muh freedom" versus keeping others safe.  

so it's just fun for you to be wrong and uninformed all the time? 
There are a few other smarmy, condescending posts that I didn’t quote but it’s apparent a few posters think they’re smarter than everybody else in the room. 

It’s Ben Shapiro level smarmyness. :shrug:  

WTF? The very first post in response to the OP falls into that classification.   :lmao:

I highlighted the part I was responding to.  The OP has posted conspiracy theories and misinformation for months - called people names, claims civil war will start and generally has done exactly what you said - posting in a visceral and emotional way.  But you haven’t called him out on it.  The whole premise of this thread is emotional and visceral when you post “SpewTube, Twatter, Fakebook” in your OP.  

Not sure where you are getting this bolded part. 

The battle about sources, who to listen to, where to get your info is super frustrating, but I guess I don't that going away either.  I get it from both sides.    I'm not sure when it all started, but it's sure fractured us as a whole and makes it damn near impossible to be able to talk to each other.  (talking in generalities here, not you and I specifically).   0 clue how to put that toothpaste back in the tube.  

I highlighted the part I was responding to.  The OP has posted conspiracy theories and misinformation for months - called people names, claims civil war will start and generally has done exactly what you said - posting in a visceral and emotional way.  But you haven’t called him out on it.  The whole premise of this thread is emotional and visceral when you post “SpewTube, Twatter, Fakebook” in your OP.  

Fair enough. I don't know the OPs prior work. 

Not sure where you are getting this bolded part. 

The battle about sources, who to listen to, where to get your info is super frustrating, but I guess I don't that going away either.  I get it from both sides.    I'm not sure when it all started, but it's sure fractured us as a whole and makes it damn near impossible to be able to talk to each other.  (talking in generalities here, not you and I specifically).   0 clue how to put that toothpaste back in the tube.  

Its sad and why I have all but stopped coming into this section of the board. 

A big Joe Rogan fan and love his interviews.  Also a big Sam Harris fan.  Here’s what Sam Harris thinks about the Joe Rogan Dr Peter interview. Pretty long video attached to this as well. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/SamHarrisOrg/status/1471991180233625602
I watched as much as I could if this before I fell asleep but I enjoyed this guys video.  I agree with a lot of it, even the points where he agrees with other guy that was on Rogan.

Its sad and why I have all but stopped coming into this section of the board. 
I get the frustration.  I have been part of the "source police", but fully understand that people don't want to hear it, and I don't know the answer for it.     Like I said, because of it I feel like I already block of a certain % of people I am trying to talk to, but like I said - I don't know how to correct that and find the middle ground.   

Probably sounds silly to some, but for me a good chunk of it is the "business" side of it and time management.   Taking an extreme example like Alex Jones.  I have no doubt that he could be right about a handful of things.  Problem is, I have to spend a ton of time weeding through the b.s. and while I am doing that I am giving him what he wants - clicks, attention, whatever.    Similar to sites that are shady about most stuff.  I have no doubt that something a poster is linking could have some value, but chances are I am spending time trying to wade through the b.s., and like before - while doing that I am giving that site clicks, time on site info, feeding algorithms that I visits those sites, etc..   

All I am trying to relay to you and others is that this is a big portion of my thinking.   It's not because I am not open to talk to you, hear other ideas, or think you are an idiot redneck.  

I haven’t listened to the podcast, I probably won’t, and I have no knowledge of the guest but when (the same) posters start getting bent out of shape it raises a red flag. 

Let people have a discussion and explain why they are wrong or the information is bad. Calling them stupid is unbecoming and unwise. 

If this continues long term it will have an undesired effect. Insulting the littles is not the best strategy as there are significantly more littles than bigs. 
Bro this isnt a good look for you.  Probably best to pick your battles a bit more carefully. 

I watched as much as I could if this before I fell asleep but I enjoyed this guys video.  I agree with a lot of it, even the points where he agrees with other guy that was on Rogan.
Yeah I found him to be very centered and rational in his reasoning.  At one point or another he called out BS on either side.  

I’ve been following Dr. Rhonda Patrick for the past 4-5 years.   Here is her 15 minute exchange with Joe Rogan 

You Tube

If you prefer long form podcast, she is excellent. Here is 2.5 hour group discussion on Covid from September - Discussion on Vaccines
listened to the first link.  As you would expect - the comments are comical.  Proclamations of “Joe is right” by people that have no idea what the truth is and no basis to claim either side right - and that would include me

The OP has posted conspiracy theories and misinformation for months - called people names, claims civil war will start 

'Vax Mob' is name calling, huh. I prefer to see it as descriptive of your group behavior.

'Misinformation?' According to the Vax Mob, sure.

And I never claimed that last bolded section about a civil war the way you frame it here. You are the one posting misinformation, pal. And if I recall correctly, you are also the one who was 'thankful' that the unvaxxed would be the ones dying in the other thread. You should check yourself a bit before posting bull#### like the above about others.

Yeah I found him to be very centered and rational in his reasoning.  At one point or another he called out BS on either side.  

Got through the first part, but shut it off once he described his pro-vax bias and 4-5 criteria for questioning the assertions of Dr. McCullough - ALL of them apply just as conveniently to the counter-assertions he supports. I'll watch the rest of the video at some point, but that first part was seemed less than centered and rational.

Sure. Absolutely. That's why I don't trust Pfizer to tell me their vaccine is effective.
One thing interesting thing he touched on is how some of the conspiracy guys want to make it out like big pharma is pushing the vaccine to make money but vaccines have been shown to not be the money maker that the other drugs are.  It will be fantastic when the anti-vaxxers immediately move on to their next med which actually will line the pockets of the big pharmaceuticals even more.  

One thing interesting thing he touched on is how some of the conspiracy guys want to make it out like big pharma is pushing the vaccine to make money but vaccines have been shown to not be the money maker that the other drugs are.  It will be fantastic when the anti-vaxxers immediately move on to their next med which actually will line the pockets of the big pharmaceuticals even more.  
Paxlovid hasn't been tested for long-term effects.   Shouldn't the anti-vaxxers rely on exactly the same conspiracy theories to reject it?  

Paxlovid hasn't been tested for long-term effects.   Shouldn't the anti-vaxxers rely on exactly the same conspiracy theories to reject it?  
Hey, when you believe in fairly tales you can always write the ending that you want.

Got through the first part, but shut it off once he described his pro-vax bias and 4-5 criteria for questioning the assertions of Dr. McCullough - ALL of them apply just as conveniently to the counter-assertions he supports. I'll watch the rest of the video at some point, but that first part was seemed less than centered and rational.
So you either haven’t heard then yet or paid no attention to when he talked about how the media played this up and their lying, the mixed messages that have been sent or where he trashed Fauci and how he handled the situation and his lying, etc. etc. etc.  You’re also disregarding how he’s calling out his own bias.  That’s literally the definition of rational when you own your own biases and call out #### on both sides. Don’t know how much more rational you need to be. Unless of course your definition of rational is agreeing with your position then I could see how someone would say he’s not .  

So you either haven’t heard then yet or paid no attention to when he talked about how the media played this up and their lying, the mixed messages that have been sent or where he trashed Fauci and how he handled the situation and his lying, etc. etc. etc.  You’re also disregarding how he’s calling out his own bias.  That’s literally the definition of rational when you own your own biases and call out #### on both sides. Don’t know how much more rational you need to be. Unless of course your definition of rational is agreeing with your position then I could see how someone would say he’s not .  
I get there’s people on both ends of this but I have no clue how somebody could watch that video and not think the guy is at least trying to be neutral.  He spends time discussing his own biases FFS.

Also a bit ironic that the title of the thread includes "open-minded" but he ends up shutting off Harris' video.  

I get there’s people on both ends of this but I have no clue how somebody could watch that video and not think the guy is at least trying to be neutral.  He spends time discussing his own biases FFS.

And then goes on to exhibit those biases in a one-sided manner. That's like announcing you are a criminal before committing your crime. Pre-admission doesn't make it okay, FFS.

I look forward to next week's conspiracy theory.   This one is played out.   

Ha. No. I'll be back to address this further when I have more energy to deal with your tribal non-sense. Until then, keep swigging your echoes.

And BTW, this past weekend at our soccer tournament, I found out the uncle of one of our players recently died in very unexpected fashion. 41 years old. I asked the player's other uncle if it was due to Covid. He said no, but that he'd been vaccinated within the week before, suddenly had heart problems and died of cardiac arrest out of nowhere. I'd bet his story wasn't posted to VAERS and I'd bet even more that if it were, a bunch of you here would discount it as 'correlation <> causation.' It's gross how you guys continue to do that in the face of all of these accounts. 

Users who are viewing this thread