What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Just added superflex...would appreciate some keeper advice (1 Viewer)

fellner593

Footballguy
We have 19 rospter spots and start the following...QB. RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, SF, K & DEF in a 12 team .5 PPR

This is a keeper/auction league with a $100 salary cap. Contracts are awarded on a yearly basis where if you keep a player for a 2nd season he recieves a $3 increase, 3rd year a $5 increase and a 4th and final year a $7 increase. We have to keep at least two players and up to five if we wish.

This is the first year we are employing the superflex in the place of a regular flex. 

My current roster consists of QB P.Mahomes $20 (currently the most expensive qb in the league and in the final year of his contract), QB R.Wilson $12, QB J.Winston $4, RB N.Chubb $16, WR T.Hill $27, TE G.Kittle $16 (I didn't bother including other players I am not considering)

The math doesn't add up because of increase in contract salaries and offseason trades where we do not have to abide by the $100 cap. 

I am definitely keeping Russell Wilson $12, Nick Chubb $16 and Jameis Winston $4 = $32 ($68 left/$53 Max Bid)

My concern is with the league going superflex this year it seems like a lot of teams are going to be hording QB's and I feel like the free agent QB values are going to be extremely inflated. Should I keep Pat Mahomes at $20 or risk putting him back in the free agent pool and watching him go for more. 

With P.Mahomes $20, R.Wilson $12, $J.Winston $4 & N.Chubb $16 I'll be = $52 ($48 left/$34 max Bid)

Also to consider...There are a lot of good RB's available this year for the first time since their rookie season. Christian Mccaffery, Alvin Kamara and Saquan Barkley will all be available in the draft this year. I suspect CMC will draw at least a $30 - $35 bid. 

What route would you go? Appreciate the insights! Thanks! 

Keeper lists are dues Monday!!! 

Last edited by a moderator:
My first instinct upon reading this was to drop Mahomes and Tyreek, as crazy as that sounds.  I'd definitely drop Tyreek, just too expensive with so many good WRs out there.  Mahomes is tougher to drop, and I wouldn't fault you for going either way.  I was thinking how I love the depth at QB this year, so if you can roster like 4 of them, get a bunch of bargains and enjoy playing the matchups.  I'd reinvest that in two rock-solid volume RBs. 

Here's my question if you have a chance - https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/799514-double-keeper-league-draft-question/ 

I appreciate your reply fellas. Thanks! 

After todays unfortunate injury to JK Dobbins my Gus Edwards stock is on the rise...so I will likely be going with R.Wilson $12, J.Winston $4, N.Chubb $16 & G.Edwards $5. 

I wasn't even considering GusBus prior to this. Thanks again! 

Also...I will check both of your questions as well. Good luck this season! 

I will go contrarian and keep Mahomes, Wilson, Chubb, Gus and Winston.  You don't have to do anything with QB's in the auction and can focus on RB/WR.  Having Mahomes & WIlson you will have a huge advantage over every other team right from the get go.  If Winston looks good you can then flip Mahomes for a ransom in season to improve where you need help.  

Users who are viewing this thread