What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Just did the unthinkable....Traded LT for R.Bush . (1 Viewer)

whats also funny is i have LT now in this new ppr and wanna trade him for RIVERS and BUSH....but the other guy budges.....Even for BUSH and 07 1st.......

Times sure have changed.

The time to trade for Bush (or the rights to the pick) is going to be just before the combine IMO. No need to rush it now. Yes, there is a mild chance he gets injured in the Texas game. There is also a mild chance that LT gets hurt in the preseason or something too, which nobody seems to want to talk about. There is an even smaller chance that he does not come out. That of course is highly doubtful. No matter what Bush does in the Texas game though, his stock WILL NOT RISE any more than it already is. Which IMO means if you want to make a play for him, wait it out and maybe hope he underperforms in the Texas game. I know I am. :popcorn:
I should have listened to my own advise and just traded up for Bush right before the Combine when his value exploded. :wall: :cry:

THE UNDERCOVER BROTHA said:
********************* BUMP **************************SO is LT and Lelie for Reggie Bush, P.Rivers, F.Gore and a 4th rounder still that bad of a deal....?I dont think it was and i don thtink it is now....although my roster looks COMPLETELY different.....
Did you draft Mike Bell with that 4th rounder?

The time to trade for Bush (or the rights to the pick) is going to be just before the combine IMO. No need to rush it now. Yes, there is a mild chance he gets injured in the Texas game. There is also a mild chance that LT gets hurt in the preseason or something too, which nobody seems to want to talk about. There is an even smaller chance that he does not come out. That of course is highly doubtful. No matter what Bush does in the Texas game though, his stock WILL NOT RISE any more than it already is. Which IMO means if you want to make a play for him, wait it out and maybe hope he underperforms in the Texas game. I know I am. :popcorn:
I should have listened to my own advise and just traded up for Bush right before the Combine when his value exploded. :wall: :cry:
lol :D

Just pulled an LT for Bush trade myself.

LT, Michael Turner, Hines Ward, and a #1 in 2008 (of the team I just traded to) for Reggie Bush and Kevin Jones.

Didn't really have Hines Ward to spare, he's a starter with Eric Parker now moving into my #3 WR spot. I have 6 extra years to fix that problem now...

Just pulled an LT for Bush trade myself.LT, Michael Turner, Hines Ward, and a #1 in 2008 (of the team I just traded to) for Reggie Bush and Kevin Jones.Didn't really have Hines Ward to spare, he's a starter with Eric Parker now moving into my #3 WR spot. I have 6 extra years to fix that problem now...
I hope you're the team that got LT, Hines and the #1. If not, you got hosed and I can't believe you're patting yourself on the back. Good luck

LT, Michael Turner, Hines Ward, and a #1 in 2008 (of the team I just traded to) for Reggie Bush and Kevin Jones.

Didn't really have Hines Ward to spare, he's a starter with Eric Parker now moving into my #3 WR spot. I have 6 extra years to fix that problem now...
I hope you're the team that got LT, Hines and the #1. If not, you got hosed and I can't believe you're patting yourself on the back. Good luck
Nah, I'm the guy that gave up LT, Turner, Hines, and a #1. Not patting myself on the back really, I think it was a pretty fair deal for both sides. I did take a dropoff on the LT to Bush end, but I'm a gambler sometimes and I think Bush is going to be great. 5.7 years of age is a pretty big thing there too.

KJ is worth a lot more than Hines, especially since it's a 14 team league. RB's are pretty rough to come by, and he's no slouch as far as upside still. I can get a danged good WR for KJ to replace him, or I can probably work something out to fix the #3 WR spot cheaper. Either way, as I pointed out, I now have 5.7 years extra to fix this problem.

If Bush turns out to be great, and Tomlinson shows some more signs of wear, I can't get this deal at the end of this season. Things change fast in FF. And I try to rotate my RB's when they hit 28 so I can get top value for them. It worked with Fred Taylor, it worked with Ahman Green. I'm just a year early on Tomlinson. Guys that ride their players forever end up having to rebuild, guys that trade them at the right time just retool. Hopefully that's what I just did.

Last edited by a moderator:
well........i accept your opinions and true we dont know WHAT he can do at the nfl level, same as all the past rookie rb's coming out but most of those were highly touted as well.....Not as high as there touting Bush but you get my drift. Time will tell on this one..... Could be a MAJOR MAJOR bad move or a move i will pat myself on the back in time. Didnt trade LT straight up for BUSH, those others Gore/Rivers/BMW will all add a boost to my team as well....
Terrible trade for you..you just needed to get in position to grap DeAngelo Williams and look for an upgrade at QB/Wr and your were solid..just a god awful deal for you..anyone but LT!!

********************* BUMP **************************SO is LT and Lelie for Reggie Bush, P.Rivers, F.Gore and a 4th rounder still that bad of a deal....?I dont think it was and i don thtink it is now....although my roster looks COMPLETELY different.....
Far too early to be patting yourself on the back yet.

well........i accept your opinions and true we dont know WHAT he can do at the nfl level, same as all the past rookie rb's coming out but most of those were highly touted as well.....Not as high as there touting Bush but you get my drift. Time will tell on this one..... Could be a MAJOR MAJOR bad move or a move i will pat myself on the back in time. Didnt trade LT straight up for BUSH, those others Gore/Rivers/BMW will all add a boost to my team as well....
Terrible trade for you..you just needed to get in position to grap DeAngelo Williams and look for an upgrade at QB/Wr and your were solid..just a god awful deal for you..anyone but LT!!
You make it sound like "just getting into position to grab DeAngelo Williams" is a triviality. This is a 14 team, start 2 RB league. You don't just say "I want DeAngelo Williams" and get him without giving up much of anything. The guy that has him has Corey Dillon and a bunch of crap. Another backfield has Barlow, DD, and crap. One guy has Curtis Martin, Maurice Drew, Chris Perry, J Harrison, and crap. Another guy has Addai, Thomas Jones, Calhoun, Moats, and junk. Young RB's aren't easy to come by - WR's are so much easier. And I managed to get 2 of them in this deal....

I still think it was a terrible deal for you. You gave up a sure top 3 RB in his prime and didn't even get a guaranteed stud in return. First, it's still pretty likely that Bush will be splitting time this year. Second, even if he somehow becomes the primary ballcarrier, his ceiling is 2000 yards and 18 TDs..... or what Tomlinson gives you every single year.

Just pulled an LT for Bush trade myself.LT, Michael Turner, Hines Ward, and a #1 in 2008 (of the team I just traded to) for Reggie Bush and Kevin Jones.Didn't really have Hines Ward to spare, he's a starter with Eric Parker now moving into my #3 WR spot. I have 6 extra years to fix that problem now...
:lmao: guppie

:loco:

I can't believe you made this trade.

I didn't read anything but the title and the original post, but I thought I would throw in the trade I made (similar in stature):

I gave:

Larry Johnson

2006 13th overall

I got:

Reggie Bush

2006 6th overall

Sometimes when you want something, you have to go get it. I have not been on the LJ bandwagon since they hired Hermie. Hey, for what it is worth: ITs FUN TO GET BUSH!

I also remember a 28 year old Marshall Faulk getting traded for a rookie LT with similar responses. Well, Faulk had one more great year left in him and then his value took a nosedive. LT has been....well, LT...To stay on top, sometimes you have to take risks.

I also remember a 28 year old Marshall Faulk getting traded for a rookie LT with similar responses. Well, Faulk had one more great year left in him and then his value took a nosedive. LT has been....well, LT...To stay on top, sometimes you have to take risks.
Turner will end up better than all of them ;)

I remember a 28 year old Emmitt Smith getting traded for a hot young rookie Lawrence Phillips. Well Emmitt kept cranking out 1500 yard 15 TD years and Phillips was well..... Phillips.You can stay on top without taking risks on rookies.

I remember a 28 year old Emmitt Smith getting traded for a hot young rookie Lawrence Phillips. Well Emmitt kept cranking out 1500 yard 15 TD years and Phillips was well..... Phillips.You can stay on top without taking risks on rookies.
Emitt Smith, one of the models of durability, had 2 seasons in the top 10 after that 96 season (where he was still 27). His best ranking outside of that was 18. He hardly "kept cranking out 1500 yard and 15 TD years".When a RB is 28, he is old. Even if he's Emmitt Smith, don't expect to get too many more top 10 seasons out of him.But the common thinking is that 30 is the magic number instead, so 28 is the ideal time to dump these guys. It's almost certain that a RB is on the decline at that age and people still believe that his past history gives him some sort of immunity that other RB's didn't have. I was 1 year too soon here, I can live with that.

Emitt Smith, one of the models of durability, had 2 seasons in the top 10 after that 96 season (where he was still 27). His best ranking outside of that was 18. He hardly "kept cranking out 1500 yard and 15 TD years".When a RB is 28, he is old. Even if he's Emmitt Smith, don't expect to get too many more top 10 seasons out of him.But the common thinking is that 30 is the magic number instead, so 28 is the ideal time to dump these guys. It's almost certain that a RB is on the decline at that age and people still believe that his past history gives him some sort of immunity that other RB's didn't have. I was 1 year too soon here, I can live with that.
Tomlinson just turned 27 so let's start there. I think your stats on Emmitt are wrong. I see that Emmitt had top 10 seasons at age 27, 28, 30, and 31. Still too much in Tomlinson's tank to trade him for a prospect.

Synthesizer said:
DrJ said:
Synthesizer said:
DrJ said:
Steve Polychronopolous said:
DrJ said:
Tomlinson just turned 27 so let's start there. I think your stats on Emmitt are wrong. I see that Emmitt had top 10 seasons at age 27, 28, 30, and 31. Still too much in Tomlinson's tank to trade him for a prospect.
Emmitt was born 5/16/1969. So in the 1996 season, he was 27.In 1997, he ranked #18.In 1998, #6In 1999, #5.2000 and beyond it was 20, 25, 26, 63, 23.Show me where these stats are wrong.

It's also notable that Emmitt had 4 straight seasons where he was the #1 RB heading into 1996. At 27 he was #6. And like I said before, he only had 2 more top 10 seasons at 28 and above - both at #5 and #6.

Now, #5/#6 is very good. But this isn't dominant. You're really asking a good bit if you are expecting Tomlinson to be a top 10 RB for a whole lot longer. And you're asking a TON if you expect him to be the dominant top 1 or 2 RB that carries you to a title singlehandedly for more than a season or so more. It just doesn't typically happen...

Synthesizer said:
DrJ said:
Synthesizer said:
DrJ said:
DrJ said:
Emmitt was born 5/16/1969. So in the 1996 season, he was 27.In 1997, he ranked #18.In 1998, #6In 1999, #5.2000 and beyond it was 20, 25, 26, 63, 23.Show me where these stats are wrong.
Ahhh, I see. You left out his 27 year old season where he was #6. And I was one year off when I counted his 26 year old season.

DrJ said:
DrJ said:
Why the hell did you include Turner in the deal?

DrJ said:
DrJ said:
Well, despite the fact that he's some sort of folk hero on FBG, I don't think it's guaranteed he's going to be a starter in this league. In fact, I'd stake his odds at well under 50%.

DrJ said:
DrJ said:
Well, despite the fact that he's some sort of folk hero on FBG, I don't think it's guaranteed he's going to be a starter in this league. In fact, I'd stake his odds at well under 50%.
Just out of curiousity, you don't think he'll get the opportunity or you don't think he's good enough?

I've read what I could, but I just had this conversation with one of the better owners of my league a few days ago...

I had offered him Mike Bell for LJ on the phone just as a joke. We laughed it up, but then he said in all seriousness that may not be a bad deal- though he wouldn't think of taking it- because last season, who would have said that Culpepper for LJ would have been a ridiculously bad trade? Everyone. But then Culpepper got hurt, and LJ was the starter for 9 games and was amazing.

My point is that right now trades look real bad. For my sake I hope LT doesn't get hurt. It's so hard to predict injuries...

Yeah, I think these guys trading LT are ridiculously stupid- especially if they give up LT AND A FIRST ROUNDER to get Bush... stupid. But, if they're happy with their team then ok. I commend those Bush owners for finding the dope in their league and trading with him. That's what we all hope to do- find the guy higher than a kite over a player we have and take his lunch and his milk money.

DrJ said:
DrJ said:
Just out of curiousity, you don't think he'll get the opportunity or you don't think he's good enough?
Well, it's going to be 2 full seasons before he has the opportunity. And I'm really not sure that he's good enough. Yes, he has had a couple of nice runs and his stats look ok. But everyone was saying this same stuff about Jesse Chatman last year, he got cut, and where is he now?57 carries in a backup role isn't enough to evaluate a guy...I have been trying to trade him in another dynasty with no takers, even the Tomlinson owner. And I'm not getting outrageous either. I managed to get him dirt cheap when I did deal for him this offseason to handcuff Tomlinson in this league. In the 3rd dynasty I am in, he was literally cut. I admit, it was a dumb cut, but he was cut the same. He was available in that rookie draft and didn't go until the end of the 2nd! So outside of few guys here at FBG that love him and swear he's the next big thing, I just don't see it as a popular opinion.

DrJ said:
DrJ said:
Well, it's going to be 2 full seasons before he has the opportunity. And I'm really not sure that he's good enough. Yes, he has had a couple of nice runs and his stats look ok. But everyone was saying this same stuff about Jesse Chatman last year, he got cut, and where is he now?57 carries in a backup role isn't enough to evaluate a guy...I have been trying to trade him in another dynasty with no takers, even the Tomlinson owner. And I'm not getting outrageous either. I managed to get him dirt cheap when I did deal for him this offseason to handcuff Tomlinson in this league. In the 3rd dynasty I am in, he was literally cut. I admit, it was a dumb cut, but he was cut the same. He was available in that rookie draft and didn't go until the end of the 2nd! So outside of few guys here at FBG that love him and swear he's the next big thing, I just don't see it as a popular opinion.
No one wants Turner in your dynasty leagues? Sounds to me like you play in some really weak leagues. You're comment above should read, "to say on top, sometimes you have to take risks. and it's easy to do it knowing that even if I'm wrong I can still probably trade a rookie stuck in an RBBC for the number 1 player in fantasy football.

i love playing against people who are always looking 5 years down the road and never trying to win in the present. :D

DrJ said:
DrJ said:
No one wants Turner in your dynasty leagues? Sounds to me like you play in some really weak leagues. You're comment above should read, "to say on top, sometimes you have to take risks. and it's easy to do it knowing that even if I'm wrong I can still probably trade a rookie stuck in an RBBC for the number 1 player in fantasy football.
They're made entirely of people that frequent this board and others. Who are these people that you play with that are all certain that Turner is going to be the next great RB and are willing to trade a fortune to get him? If you look at this site's own dynasty rankings, Michael Turner is the #41 overall RB and ranks #34 on a single guy's list - the next highest is 42. A borderline #3 RB in a 14 team league, yeah - that's just gold. You can get guys that rank like that with a decent pick in just about any rookie draft. To me, Turner is not at the core of this deal, nor is the #1 in 08 - 2 years from now. Say we give it a value of the 7 pick...that's hit/miss territory. I can make some nifty moves and replace those pieces easily so I try not to get hung up on those types of pieces and instead focus on the meat of the deal. Tomlinson and Hines Ward for Bush and Kevin Jones is what this deal essentially is. And I really think people are overlooking KJ, as much as his last season wasn't good, he still has the potential to be a top 10 RB. The difference between him and Hines Ward is pretty darned big.

To me, Turner is not at the core of this deal, nor is the #1 in 08 - 2 years from now. Say we give it a value of the 7 pick...that's hit/miss territory. I can make some nifty moves and replace those pieces easily so I try not to get hung up on those types of pieces and instead focus on the meat of the deal. Tomlinson and Hines Ward for Bush and Kevin Jones is what this deal essentially is. And I really think people are overlooking KJ, as much as his last season wasn't good, he still has the potential to be a top 10 RB. The difference between him and Hines Ward is pretty darned big.
Michael Turner is a very important piece of that trade. IMO he is gold once he leaves SD, and that could be at the end of 2006 (RFA), and likely at the end of 2007 (UFA). Michael Turner's value reminds me of L Jordan when he was with the Jets, but he may just have more talent. By the way, I agree with you about KJ this year.

To me, Turner is not at the core of this deal, nor is the #1 in 08 - 2 years from now. Say we give it a value of the 7 pick...that's hit/miss territory. I can make some nifty moves and replace those pieces easily so I try not to get hung up on those types of pieces and instead focus on the meat of the deal. Tomlinson and Hines Ward for Bush and Kevin Jones is what this deal essentially is. And I really think people are overlooking KJ, as much as his last season wasn't good, he still has the potential to be a top 10 RB. The difference between him and Hines Ward is pretty darned big.
Nifty moves like the one you just made huh? :lmao: Listen, Its not that I want to make fun of your decision, its that its justified.

Going by Zealots' ADP, youd be trading away #1 overall, #130 overall, #44 overall and next years #7 for the #20 and #25 this year. A trade value of -52% Not good. :no:

Even leaving 2008's #1, youd still have a negative value of close to 30%. Again, not a desirable trade.

However I have seen this happen quite often- its just that people dont value a.) the #1 overall pick and two a sure contributor. In redraft leagues alone, the #1 calculated worth is a #10 overall pick and a #59 overall pick. Which comes out to a late 1st rounder and a late 5th rounder in most leagues. So the issue isnt that you didnt make a good trade (well thats also pretty debatable) its that you didnt get good value at all.

In essence, when you traded LT alone, was it worth a #20 and #25? In fact, LT alone is worth almost as much as those two picks (+5%). However, youre giving up an almost assured top-3 finish for a rookie and someone comming off a very dissapointing and injury riddled season. Your choice on that.

Hines, Turner and 2008's #1 shouldnt have even been in question. Leave them out and you pulled off a decent deal (if you value upside more than conisistancy). However, their inclusion is the icing on a disaster of a deal.

Oh and dont devalue a #7 rookie pick. You'll be missing out on a phenomenal draft class (depending on who goes early in 2007). Even if half those players come out this year, youre still looking at a solid class.

EDIT: Not to mention Turners value is set to explode

Im not going to comment on any particular deal here, but there is an important principle to remember:

Building for the future in important, but at some point you should probably try to win your league... considering that is kinda the point in the first place. Reggie Bush _aspires_ to be LJ or LT. So why do you give away the guys that are already there... PLUS SOME... to get a guy who is just trying to get to the point they are already at? In 3 years when Bush is a top 3 RB, are you going to trade him away for the next next big thing?

The only excuse for making a Bush for LJ/LT2 deal is if you are getting something more in return making it worth your while. You certainly shouldnt be giving extra for him under any circumstance.

BUMP. It was a terrible trade at the time and it's even worse now since Tomlinson is having one of the greatest seasons ever.

BUMP. It was a terrible trade at the time and it's even worse now since Tomlinson is having one of the greatest seasons ever.
:lmao: trade LT for bush :bag: :loco:

:unsure:Looking at your team, even with LT I don't know if you would be in the running. At least with the trade you are building for the future. With Brees getting hurt and might need a long rehab, the QB situation could change. Gore has looked fantastic. Mike Williams....LT has been hurt 2 years in a row. Last year with the groin and this year with the ribs. Has all the touches finally caught up with him? You never know. I don't really like the trade, but can't say it's terrible either.You should now try and trade him Michael Turner for something.There's one fact about Reggie Bush, he can only disappoint.
HMMM, not a bad deal when you look back.

:shrug:Looking at your team, even with LT I don't know if you would be in the running. At least with the trade you are building for the future. With Brees getting hurt and might need a long rehab, the QB situation could change. Gore has looked fantastic. Mike Williams....LT has been hurt 2 years in a row. Last year with the groin and this year with the ribs. Has all the touches finally caught up with him? You never know. I don't really like the trade, but can't say it's terrible either.You should now try and trade him Michael Turner for something.There's one fact about Reggie Bush, he can only disappoint.
i like to look back at dynasty trades a year or 2 after the fact. This is not that bad of a deal, you got 2 young RBs(gore and reggie) for LT. Rivers gives you depth but you had Vick so you really did not need a starting QB.I still would rahter have LT. I do think his best years are still to come

;)Looking at your team, even with LT I don't know if you would be in the running. At least with the trade you are building for the future. With Brees getting hurt and might need a long rehab, the QB situation could change. Gore has looked fantastic. Mike Williams....LT has been hurt 2 years in a row. Last year with the groin and this year with the ribs. Has all the touches finally caught up with him? You never know. I don't really like the trade, but can't say it's terrible either.You should now try and trade him Michael Turner for something.There's one fact about Reggie Bush, he can only disappoint.
Remember this post?
I think the general consensus so far is that trading LT for the rights to Bush isn't bad. What's bad is that you didn't get more in return.
Just think how much better the trade would be if you had gotten full value back then. You'd have Bush, Gore, Rivers and more now. You hit big on Gore, but might easily have missed. I'm having a tough time coming up with a comparable trade right now, but here goes: Would you tradeLT+Roddy WhiteforPeterson+Norwood+Cutler+Troy Williamson+a 4th?

Nah, I'm the guy that gave up LT, Turner, Hines, and a #1. Not patting myself on the back really, I think it was a pretty fair deal for both sides. I did take a dropoff on the LT to Bush end, but I'm a gambler sometimes and I think Bush is going to be great. 5.7 years of age is a pretty big thing there too.

KJ is worth a lot more than Hines, especially since it's a 14 team league. RB's are pretty rough to come by, and he's no slouch as far as upside still. I can get a danged good WR for KJ to replace him, or I can probably work something out to fix the #3 WR spot cheaper. Either way, as I pointed out, I now have 5.7 years extra to fix this problem.

If Bush turns out to be great, and Tomlinson shows some more signs of wear, I can't get this deal at the end of this season. Things change fast in FF. And I try to rotate my RB's when they hit 28 so I can get top value for them. It worked with Fred Taylor, it worked with Ahman Green. I'm just a year early on Tomlinson. Guys that ride their players forever end up having to rebuild, guys that trade them at the right time just retool. Hopefully that's what I just did.
:D :D :X :goodposting: :bag:

:lmao:Looking at your team, even with LT I don't know if you would be in the running. At least with the trade you are building for the future. With Brees getting hurt and might need a long rehab, the QB situation could change. Gore has looked fantastic. Mike Williams....LT has been hurt 2 years in a row. Last year with the groin and this year with the ribs. Has all the touches finally caught up with him? You never know. I don't really like the trade, but can't say it's terrible either.You should now try and trade him Michael Turner for something.There's one fact about Reggie Bush, he can only disappoint.
i like to look back at dynasty trades a year or 2 after the fact. This is not that bad of a deal, you got 2 young RBs(gore and reggie) for LT. Rivers gives you depth but you had Vick so you really did not need a starting QB.I still would rahter have LT. I do think his best years are still to come
Really? I really don't believe he ever tops last season.

Users who are viewing this thread