What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

just found out a male teacher gave the 5th grade (1 Viewer)

quickhands

Footballguy
Girls forehead goodnight kisses. at fifth grade camp, 3 nights. And im kinda torn about how to handle it.

collective thoughts?

Yes. She was kissed. There is some other stuff that bothers me but I want to restrict the topic to this for now.

I would make a scene. At his house or at school. Not even close to being ok and with every single news story out there, teachers have to be extra careful now days yet this guy still crosses a line.

What's some of the other stuff?

Completely unacceptable. Start with notifying the school, let them notify authorities if they have other info from parents.

If there is any other stuff that happened to my kid, I may be inclined to skip the school.

I would make a scene. At his house or at school. Not even close to being ok and with every single news story out there, teachers have to be extra careful now days yet this guy still crosses a line. What's some of the other stuff?
its a long story and circumstantial and my stomach cant handle talking about it.

Well how did these rumors come about?

Eta: how did the circumstantial stuff come up?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would make a scene. At his house or at school. Not even close to being ok and with every single news story out there, teachers have to be extra careful now days yet this guy still crosses a line.What's some of the other stuff?
its a long story and circumstantial and my stomach cant handle talking about it.
Sounds like the kisses were creepy and completely inappropriate without the other stuff... with the "other stuff" it sounds much worse

Not acceptable at all. You need to confront the teacher and tell him to never touch your daughter or even look at her again.

Not acceptable at all. You need to confront the teacher and tell him to never touch your daughter or even look at her again.
Depending on the other stuff, I don't think confronting the teacher without a law enforcement person would be beneficial. It could become a hearsay situation and you could end up in a physical confrontation. It sounds like he deserves it, but no need make matters worse

Dads, get the pitchforks and shotguns.

Sucks to hear. In all seriousness, shine some light on the situation. Get talking with other parents and administrators. Make sure this behavior gets accounted for.

Kids over the age of maybe 2 shouldn't be kissed by other than family. Without the 'other stuff', I'd send a strongly worded e-mail and let the principal or whoever know. With the extra stuff, probably a confrontation. 5th graders would know what is happening I think.....normal adults know how even innocent things can be miscontrued and would be extra-careful to not do any touching other than maybe a pat on the back.

I'm a 4th grade teacher. Whenever I have to stay afterschool to tutor a female student, I make sure I do it in the Library where there are other adults, or if I have to I do it in my classroom, but make sure there are other witnesses to see what goes on. We had a male teacher a few years back reprimand a female student afterschool for bullying. She didn't like it, and made up a story about how the teacher touched her. She later confessed, but his career was ruined in our district.

Being a male teacher, I know there are rules and also common sense comes into play. I keep my physical contact restricted to High Fives.

That being said, this guy is a ####### creep.

Secondly, I wouldn't let my daughter go to a sleepaway camp in the 5th grade where a male teacher would have ANY access to her. I truly hope nothing more happened. Good luck.

Depending on the other stuff, I don't think confronting the teacher without a law enforcement person would be beneficial. It could become a hearsay situation and you could end up in a physical confrontation. It sounds like he deserves it, but no need make matters worse
No need for physical confrontation. Do it in a public place if necessary. But I'd make it perfectly clear to never touch my daughter again and walk away.

Don't deal with the teacher, go to the school board meeting where it's public record.

90% of the time, privacy and one on one conversations are best. This isn't one of those. This needs to be public so it doesn't get swept under a carpet. If you give them time, the school will most definitely sweep it. They could fire him for some bogus thing, claim this never happened and...

Grab a few of the other parents and confront the board.

Note: Sometimes the board can only be given questions(which is annoying like jeopardy) so just ask how they deal with teachers that kiss 5th grade students then. Most, if not all, states have laws that board meeting itinerary must be posted in a public place. Most post it on a board outside the superintendent's office others on a website. Examine it.

You may only be allowed to ask Qs at this time or that time and you may need to request an opportunity to speak with the board.

Them seeing you and putting you off til the next board meeting a month later will allow them to research why you are angry and sweep some. This is why they'd be nitpicky about procedure.

I would expect a scared to sleep outside at night, nightmares....something like that as defense. IMO it's inexcusable regardless, but figure on the teacher having some reason and not being an idiot.

"911, what is your emergency?"

"I need you to send an officer to my house to keep me from leaving."

"Why, sir?"

"Because I'm about to murder my daughters teacher and id rather not spend the rest of my life in prison."

Sounds like you are overreacting to me.
Really? You think male teachers giving goodnight kisses to 10-12 year old girls is normal?
He probably has kids and it is just habit.
I appreciate good shtick, but this isn't the thread for it.
He doesn't say how he found out about this and his daughter is still with this guy sleeping overnight. So he would do what any concerned father would do, go post on a message board. Either he is fishing, it isn't that big of a deal or he is stupid.

These days you really have to question why a dude would want to be an elementary school teacher. Kindergarten teacher... Even worse.

Seems strange that at a sleepover that a male teacher would have any sort of access to female students as they are getting ready for bed. I'd contact the principal immediately and maybe the police if it's not dealt with in a strict manner.

Really? You think male teachers giving goodnight kisses to 10-12 year old girls is normal?
He doesn't say how he found out about this and his daughter is still with this guy sleeping overnight. So he would do what any concerned father would do, go post on a message board. Either he is fishing, it isn't that big of a deal or he is stupid.
fair enough oink oink. I met with the principal about a completely innappropriate situation that this guy was indirectly involved however he was the main school official he was responsible. He being the jackass that he is, confronted me and my wife acting angry and hurt that im causing him harm in his job. Then he informed us that my daughter is not welcome at his house for the end of school party even tho its terrible because he loves my kid and stormed off. Im like dude she is never going anywhere with you again. (A cop friend says anger and denial are signs that something is wrong).It was later in the day one of the parents who was a chaperone told a friend of ours about the goodnight kisses. My daughter admitted that it happened.im meeting with the principal again tmw.

fair enough oink oink. I met with the principal about a completely innappropriate situation that this guy was indirectly involved however he was the main school official he was responsible.He being the jackass that he is, confronted me and my wife acting angry and hurt that im causing him harm in his job. Then he informed us that my daughter is not welcome at his house for the end of school party even tho its terrible because he loves my kid and stormed off. Im like dude she is never going anywhere with you again. (A cop friend says anger and denial are signs that something is wrong).It was later in the day one of the parents who was a chaperone told a friend of ours about the goodnight kisses. My daughter admitted that it happened.im meeting with the principal again tmw.
Call the police. Or that murder thing.

The guy's hosting parties with fifth graders at his house? Does he have a hot tub?

Something appears to be very wrong here. Is your daughter still at the camp?

fair enough oink oink. I met with the principal about a completely innappropriate situation that this guy was indirectly involved however he was the main school official he was responsible.He being the jackass that he is, confronted me and my wife acting angry and hurt that im causing him harm in his job. Then he informed us that my daughter is not welcome at his house for the end of school party even tho its terrible because he loves my kid and stormed off. Im like dude she is never going anywhere with you again. (A cop friend says anger and denial are signs that something is wrong).It was later in the day one of the parents who was a chaperone told a friend of ours about the goodnight kisses. My daughter admitted that it happened.im meeting with the principal again tmw.
The principal confronted you, or the teacher confronted you?

I wouldn't read into anything like that, some people act angrily because they're angry people; doesn't mean anything. And I'd leave the psychology lessons to the psychologists.

But in regard to the kisses, yes definitely meet with the principal or school board.

So much wrong with this. Even if there was no predatory intent, every teacher goes through training to make sure they avoid situations to even get accused of this type of stuff. No males should be around 5th grade girls on sleepovers. Period. I'd be going after the Principal,School Board, you name it. That teacher would not be employed in the district - guaranteed.

In CA we are shell shocked. I don't care if it is just kisses on foreheads. We see blindfolds and crackers. Freakin' creepers.

He being the jackass that he is, confronted me and my wife acting angry and hurt that im causing him harm in his job. Then he informed us that my daughter is not welcome at his house for the end of school party even tho its terrible because he loves my kid and stormed off.
Classic child molester patterns.

I would go straight to the police if it were me. The principal's decision making can't be trusted.

Users who are viewing this thread