What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Justice. Glitter Bomb vs Package Thieves. (1 Viewer)

this rules so hard brohan thank you for posting this do you know if they use the information on the cameras to catch any of these larooshes or what take that to the bank 

These people need to move.  Kinda crazy how many thieves they have around then.

But really, why all the time and effort?  Just take a dump in a box and package it up.  You may not have the video evidence, but you know that hilarity ensued.

But really, why all the time and effort?  Just take a dump in a box and package it up.  You may not have the video evidence, but you know that hilarity ensued.
that wouldn't make for good Youtubing.

Very true. We buy a ton of crap on Amazon and I don't recall ever having a package stolen.  We've even had people from across town bring us misdelivered packages and vice-versa.

that would stink having to deal with package thieves.   amazing video.
Dealing with their delivery people is adventurous enough.  The last package delivered from Amazon ended up in a yard across the street and 4 houses down from my house.  

I'm really surprised something hasn't been done to combat this.   Maybe some metal box on the side of your house that's secured to the ground that only you and the ups driver has the code to.   

I'm really surprised something hasn't been done to combat this.   Maybe some metal box on the side of your house that's secured to the ground that only you and the ups driver has the code to.   
Do they actually use it or just put the package next to it?

That's great.  Reminds me of the bait bike/package videos from TwinzTv.  Look those up if you like this kind of stuff.

Do they actually use it or just put the package next to it?
Why wouldn't they?  Sure there's some bad apples that make the news but the vast majority are just doing their job and if their job calls for them to put the package in the box, that's what they'll do.   

Same reason they have leaned a package right up against the back of my car only to have me get in the car from the garage entrance and run it over........because they suck sometimes.
I know.  I mentioned there's a few bad apples.  Kind of like any profession.   

I have a PO Box because we are only living in our current address temporarily. After getting our packages stolen twice in the past 3 months from our PO Box, I wanted to try something else. I ordered some stuff from Amazon and noticed that they have their own dropbox system called Amazon Locker outside of a convenience store that just so happens to be right next to the post office. My stuff is supposed to get there tomorrow and I'm not limited by the time the PO is open.

You can leave instructions for the delivery person when you order the item.
If they ignore said instructions you can call up and the customer service rep
will tell the driver.

For you guys that get a lot of packages a drop box (garbage shed) helps
protect your items from thieves and rain/snow.

I have a PO Box because we are only living in our current address temporarily. After getting our packages stolen twice in the past 3 months from our PO Box, I wanted to try something else. I ordered some stuff from Amazon and noticed that they have their own dropbox system called Amazon Locker outside of a convenience store that just so happens to be right next to the post office. My stuff is supposed to get there tomorrow and I'm not limited by the time the PO is open.
Stuff stolen out of a PO Box? What the heck?

1. Could be thieves coming in from other neighborhoods to get the good stuff.  Like people that take their kids trick-or-treating in the fancy neighborhood.

2. That’s what this guy does. He builds cool stuff and puts it on YouTube.  

Stuff stolen out of a PO Box? What the heck?
Apparently the clerk put the package slip (we have a small PO box so if something doesn't fit, they put a slip into the box and we have to pick up the package at the counter) in the wrong PO box. When the thief opened their box, they saw the slip, brought it to the counter and claimed the package as their own. Stupidly, the PO doesn't check for identification because they assume that if you have your key and take the slip to the counter, it must be yours.  Strangely enough, we saw the video of the person receiving the package but no one at the post office knows who the person is.

They have locked our PO box and the eight surrounding boxes so the next time someone has to get their mail from their box, they will have to come to the counter and then the feds will come in there and arrest their thieving ###! Well, not too sure of the last part but a man can dream...

Apparently the clerk put the package slip (we have a small PO box so if something doesn't fit, they put a slip into the box and we have to pick up the package at the counter) in the wrong PO box. When the thief opened their box, they saw the slip, brought it to the counter and claimed the package as their own. Stupidly, the PO doesn't check for identification because they assume that if you have your key and take the slip to the counter, it must be yours.  Strangely enough, we saw the video of the person receiving the package but no one at the post office knows who the person is.

They have locked our PO box and the eight surrounding boxes so the next time someone has to get their mail from their box, they will have to come to the counter and then the feds will come in there and arrest their thieving ###! Well, not too sure of the last part but a man can dream...
and now 7 innocent bystanders have been needlessly inconvenienced.

We used Amazon locker to return a package once.  That worked great.

I'd love to try the Amazon Locker but, despite living in a large city, the nearest locker isn't near at all. It's quite the haul to get there.

Ron Swanson said:
Very true. We buy a ton of crap on Amazon and I don't recall ever having a package stolen.
How far away do you live from a true high-crime neighborhood**? Around here, package thieves are all over the place.

** and no, that's not a euphemism for "minority neighborhood".

OrtonToOlsen said:
1. Could be thieves coming in from other neighborhoods to get the good stuff.  Like people that take their kids trick-or-treating in the fancy neighborhood.
Exactly this. To avoid frequent package thieves around here, you really have to move completely out of the New Orleans metro area. It has to be a PITA to even get to your home from anywhere civilized.

that makes more sense. he lives in California. guess he picked that location because it's near the Home Alone house.

Ron Swanson said:
Very true. We buy a ton of crap on Amazon and I don't recall ever having a package stolen.  We've even had people from across town bring us misdelivered packages and vice-versa.
I had 2 packages on my front porch yesterday when I went to pick the kids up for school. They were for our neighbor two doors down. I was late in picking them up so I left them there and planned on taking the packages down to them when I got back. When I got back, the packages were gone. I asked my wife if she took them down and she said she never saw them. Pretty sure the neighbor saw the picture proof of the package delivered, saw our blue front door in the background and came and got then. Either that or for the first time ever, something was stolen from our porch. I'm thinking the former. At the same time, if that had happened to me, I would've rang the doorbell and told the person I was taking my package and just generally said hello. 

Users who are viewing this thread