What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Justin Herbert value (1 Viewer)

zemd

Footballguy
Hello

I'm in a Superflex IDP Dynasty league, 12 teams and i've got quite a few QB
- Josh Allen
- Justin Herbert
- Brock Purdy
- Derek Carr

I want to move Justin Herbert because i think Allen and Purdy are enough. But the offers i receive are far from my perceived value.
One offered me 2025 2nd, a 2025 4th and a 2026 4th.
An other other offered James Cook, a 2025 3rd and a 2025 7th.

Both trades would seem to be of good value for a 1QB league but not at all in a superflex one.

For reference, here are my RBs,
- Kyren Williams
- Joe Mixon
- Ty Chandler
- Antonio Gibson
- Jeff Wilson
- Marshawn Lloyd
- Cody Schrader

Do you feel i'm mistaken and the deals are correct, or should i hold on to Herbert?

My response is assuming typical SF scoring that puts QB's as must starts at the SF position.

Those are seriously low ball offers. I may not even move Carr for that first offer let alone Herbert. I would need a 1st round pick (early to mid) plus a starter at another position to consider moving him. The offers you are getting aren't even in the ball park.

However, your league may not value QB's much so the level of return my not by typical to SF leagues. Without knowing your league mentality it's hard to say what the going rate is for sure. Has there been any recent trades in that league involving QB's?

Thank you.
It's quite standard, and QB are a premium in my league. There were 5 QB taken in the first round alone.
I'll stick with him if no good offer comes my way.
At least he's not scoring elsewhere and i am safe from a qb being hurt

I think Herbert's value will be higher during the season once people see he's still a good QB and can put up good passing numbers. People are down due to the perceived "heavy" run game that is expected. I think people have gone too far and the reports of out camp are JH and the Offensive coaches are floored by how good Herbert is and how smart he is.

I'm actually trying to buy Herbert right now as I think his value is too good to pass up.

I suggest you wait until the season starts and people are in need of a QB in order to get max value. Be patient. Or try to see if you can get a better haul for Purdy and keep Herbert. Again you might get a better haul for Purdy once people have to set their rosters for week 1 and realize their QB situation is bad.

I like your QB situation and don't mind holding in order to get max value. I don't mind getting a starting RB but I would also at minimum want a first round pick to go with it and maybe even a low flyer QB. Don't sell just because - wait and get max value. People are going to realize how good Herbert really is once this offense gets going.

I think Herbert's value will be higher during the season once people see he's still a good QB and can put up good passing numbers. People are down due to the perceived "heavy" run game that is expected. I think people have gone too far and the reports of out camp are JH and the Offensive coaches are floored by how good Herbert is and how smart he is.
I don't think his perceived value is down. I think people perceive his value is down and are trying to send low ball offers because of that perception. I haven't seen many people that are actually selling at those low prices.

I don't think his perceived value is down. I think people perceive his value is down and are trying to send low ball offers because of that perception. I haven't seen many people that are actually selling at those low prices.
Could be, hopefully people aren't selling low. I see so many "analysts" down on Herbert and that offense - seems the value is pushing it down.

He could have a very successful year being very efficient. He could use a true downfield threat - maybe DJ Chark ends up being that guy. Ladd will get his targets but either QJ needs to step up or Chark will have a lot of opportunity.

I've read that the Chargers will be more run heavy this year thus his fantasy numbers won't be high but he's still a quality QB. Keep Herbert, sell Carr

I've read that the Chargers will be more run heavy this year thus his fantasy numbers won't be high but he's still a quality QB. Keep Herbert, sell Carr
I actually don't mind that idea - keeping both Purdy and Herbert and running with them for the year. Tough selling Carr right now for anything more than a bag of balls. Maybe get a draft pick for a team desperate for that bench QB. Would be hard even getting QB2 value in a trade for Carr. Maybe sell Carr to the team that gets the first QB injury.

Well, he'll be starting Allen and Purdy, I would think. Just between Herbert and Carr I think you'd keep Herbie. You're right that Carr might be a hard sell but he was still QB 16 so I think there's some value to be had there. You are also prob right that the smart thing might be to hold until a QB gets injured but then if Carr struggles then you really miss an opportunity.

I actually don't mind that idea - keeping both Purdy and Herbert and running with them for the year. Tough selling Carr right now for anything more than a bag of balls. Maybe get a draft pick for a team desperate for that bench QB. Would be hard even getting QB2 value in a trade for Carr. Maybe sell Carr to the team that gets the first QB injury.
if that is the direction you want to go I would look to sell Carr to the Rattler owner. That ensures he has a starting QB out of that spot. Might be your only taker for Carr.

Sure and San Fran is run heavy too. My point being just because a team wants to run more doesn't mean it's going to kill a QB's fantasy value. It might actually help Herbert if they can establish a solid run game and let him benefit from that.

True but I'm not advocating that he ships Herbert, I'm just commenting that that's likely the managers in that guys league (and I'm sure others) think they can get him cheap.

Sure and San Fran is run heavy too. My point being just because a team wants to run more doesn't mean it's going to kill a QB's fantasy value. It might actually help Herbert if they can establish a solid run game and let him benefit from that.
Yep, he could be much more efficient, similiar to Purdy. Purdy has better weapons but I could see Herbert putting up similar numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread