What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

KC why no points for the Defensive TD? (1 Viewer)

Maybe our league doesn't have DTD ?

BFB Blocked Field Goals (ID/ST/DST) 3 points

BFTD Blocked Field Goal Touchdown (ID/ST/DST) 6 points

BP Blocked Punts (ID/ST/DST) 3 points

BPTD Blocked Punt Touchdown (ID/ST/DST) 6 points

BXP Blocked Extra Points (ID/ST/DST) 1 point

DFR Defensive/ST Fumble Recovered (ID/DT/DST) 2 points

DFRTD Defensive Fumble Recovery TD (ID/DT/DST) 6 points

Int Interceptions 2 points

IntTD Interception TD 6 points

KRTD Kick Return TD (ID/ST/DST) 6 points

PA Points Against, Total Points Scored 0 - 0 PAs = 10 points

1 - 6 PA = 7 points

7 - 13 PA = 4 points

14 - 17 PA = 1 point

18 - 21 PA = 0 points

22 - 27 PA = -1 point

28 - 34 PA = -4 points

35 - 44 PA = -7 points

45 - 100 PA = -10 points

It's your league setup. Commish (or whomever) needs to fix it. But not now - after the season. Unless he goes back and credits all other DTDs to other teams and fixes all the wins/losses/angry owners that will result.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think once a punt is touched (not caught) it counts as a fumble.

It might be ST FR or offense FR TD.

Punt, Damian Williams touches it, they pick it up and score.

This is commonly a problem for FF. I can remember in years past that people had to add this type and discussing it here. Offense is technically on the field since it's fourth down. If you want to say it's ST then what happens if a fake punt scores a TD? Generally, leagues need to add a couple ways for offense and/or ST to score to cover all bases here

It's your league setup. Commish (or whomever) needs to fix it. But not now - after the season. Unless he goes back and credits all other DTDs to other teams and fixes all the wins/losses/angry owners that will result.
You should fix it now if it's just a clerical error. If your league intended to count these TDs, then you need to count them.

Technically it was a special teams TD, not defensive. Most scoring systems will differentiate.

You should fix it now if it's just a clerical error. If your league intended to count these TDs, then you need to count them.
I agree - kind of. As long as the Commish goes back and fixes any wins/losses that might of resulted from the error. And since it's not listed on the scoring technically, then you might incur the wrath of owners who didn't think it was supposed to count in the first place.

Usually a mixed up rule is corrected in the offseason if it affects previous wins and losses, from my experience. Exceptions can be made, though.

So from the settings I posted is DTD not on there? Is my league just not counting them?
Looks like it's on there to me:
Yes, but as you mentioned this was a special teams play making it a SFRTD not a DFRTD, and I don't see SFRTD on there
:goodposting: This is it, I believe. Our league uses SFRTD as well and a blocked punt is listed as such (or STTD).

Have the commish contact CBS, I had to, this is their reply:

The play in question was a Special Teams fumble recovery touchdown. If your league uses this as a scoring category or the DTD category, it will not score live. On your league's Live Scoring page under the score board, it lists that SFRTD is one of the categories that does not score live. If the league scores this play, owners with the Kansas City DST will receive the credit during the leagues overnight maintenance run.

No game in our league is effected by it but I do want the points and u never know how that will effect the season later.

The play in question was a Special Teams fumble recovery touchdown. If your league uses this as a scoring category or the DTD category, it will not score live. On your league's Live Scoring page under the score board, it lists that SFRTD is one of the categories that does not score live. If the league scores this play, owners with the Kansas City DST will receive the credit during the leagues overnight maintenance run.
That updated already. His setup doesn't have SFRTD which is the issue.

That updated already. His setup doesn't have SFRTD which is the issue.
I read this as saying that if you had DTD or SFRTD your league would of scored this but not live, you would of had to wait for the overnight stat updates to post. In fact my league does not use SFRTD but we do use the DTD and the KC D was given the DTD points. According to CBS:

(DTD) Total Defensive and Special Teams TD

So I guess I am saying, why have SFRTD and DFRTD, when you can cover both with the DTD setting?

Showing in my CBS league. Perhaps the OP's league has "SFRTD = 0" in the settings because the commish didn't know what it was and overlooked it.

The OP's league also doesn't seem to give points for PRTD, but does give points for BFTD and BPTD so I imagine the commisioner messed up somewhere.

So from the settings I posted is DTD not on there? Is my league just not counting them?
Looks like it's on there to me:
Yes, but as you mentioned this was a special teams play making it a SFRTD not a DFRTD, and I don't see SFRTD on there
I was assuming that the "DST" part (bolded above) was an indication that the rule applied to Defense And Special Teams.

Why are so many talking about this one leagues commish who can't set the league right? Just wondering.

It was a DEF/ST TD off a fumble recovery, what's the issue? If he has an issue and got a response from Yahoo as calrification already, take it up with your commish. I would assume it doesn't need a thread here with so much to really discuss in the football world.

Why are so many talking about this one leagues commish who can't set the league right? Just wondering.

It was a DEF/ST TD off a fumble recovery, what's the issue? If he has an issue and got a response from Yahoo as calrification already, take it up with your commish. I would assume it doesn't need a thread here with so much to really discuss in the football world.
If you want to complain, please direct it towards the TONS of inciteful, negative and inflammatory comments that can be found throughout these forums. He had a question and we are trying to help. Helping is a good thing.

And it's CBS - not Yahoo. And he never got a response that nailed the issue. CBS is strange sometimes and we all help each other out.

Users who are viewing this thread