What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keep 4 from a 2019 roster (1 Viewer)

rschroeder1

Footballguy
League info:  12 teams, 17 roster spots, .5 PPR
Positions:  QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR/TE
Draft type:  Snake, my draft position is 10th of 12
Keeper price:  one round higher than the previous year (this year will be two rounds).  Can keep a player through their value as a first round pick.

My keeper league took the 2020 season off, and we're now selecting keepers from 2019 rosters.  Normally a keeper costs one draft round higher than they were selected the previous year.  To account for the extra year, the price will be two rounds higher for this year only.  My options, with their 2021 draft round cost listed (there's a 17th player missing, but assuredly he's a random guy I can't remember):

Austin Ekeler (Round 1)
Matt Brieda (3)
Marlon Mack (5)
Cooper Kupp (6)
Devin Singletary (7)
Justin Jackson (7)
Devonta Freeman (9)
Ito Smith (10)
Dallas Goedert (11)
Ryquell Armstead (11)
Chase Edmonds (11)
Darren Waller (12)
Juju Smith-Schuster (14)
Drew Lock (15)

Can't keep
Le'Veon Bell (Round 1 pick in 2019)
Keenan Allen (Round 2 pick in 2019)

The five that obviously rise to the top are Ekeler (1), Kupp (6), Edmonds (11), Waller (12) and Smith-Schuster (14).  My inclination is to not keep Ekeler because I have a reasonable chance of getting him at the #10 spot in the draft anyways, but perhaps I'm valuing this in the wrong way.

Appreciate any input on this!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in agreement. Kupp, Edmonds, Waller, Smith-Schuster. Really like Ekeler, but #10 could very well be an improvement or Ekeler himself.

I am in agreement. Kupp, Edmonds, Waller, Smith-Schuster. Really like Ekeler, but #10 could very well be an improvement or Ekeler himself.
But you aren't taking into account that 48 players are being kept and then another 9 players taken in round #1 (not knowing what first rounders are being kept).  There is a chance Ekeler doesn't make it to pick 1.10.

That being said, I would still agree that Kupp, Edmonds, Waller, and Juju are the guys I would keep mainly because I am not that high on Ekeler and by not keeping him you open up your options for the pick at 1.10.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Gally said:
But you aren't taking into account that 48 players are being kept and then another 9 players taken in round #1 (not knowing what first rounders are being kept).  There is a chance Ekeler doesn't make it to pick 1.10.
Ohh, right, very true. I've never been in a true keeper league so still learning how to think about keeper decisions. Good catch. Man, in that case, that makes it a tough call, for me at least. I don't know who I'd drop out of those 5. Still possibly Ekeler, or maybe Kupp. Round 6 seems about right for him and I'm not real big on him.

Users who are viewing this thread