What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keep Gronk or Trade for Hopkins in a 12 team Keeper (1 Viewer)

edge1334

Footballguy
I'm in a 12 team Keeper league (keep 4 plus 1 rookie) half point PPR.

1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex

I currently have Gronk and Evan Engram (rookie Keeper) on my roster. I received an offer for Gronk and my 4th round pick for Deandre Hopkins. Gronk is often injured and looks to possibly retire in the next couple of years, so this looks like a good trade. Hopkins is much younger and had great connection with Deshaun Watson. I have the first overall pick so will be drafting Barkley #1. Thoughts on the trade?

I am keeping Mike Evans, Jay Ajay, Russell Wilson, Gronk/Hopkins, Evan Engram rookie keeper.

Thanks,

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say take the trade. Engram will fill in any hole there at TE and I agree that you'll more use out of Hopkins in years to come over Gronk.

Trade for Hopkins and draft a good second TE as I do not think Engram will do anything close to what he did last year. Gesicki or Hurst could be good picks or if you can figure out who Houston's TE will be that is a great way to give you some Hopkins insurance should he get injured.

Agree with all above. On Gronk, I am worried that he has only one or two years left in the league.  DHop is a full three years younger than Gronk and plays in a manner must less likely to cause injury.

Users who are viewing this thread