What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper - Fournette+ for Adams+ (1 Viewer)

BigJonE300

Footballguy
I'm 0-10 in a 16-team PPR keeper/contract auction league.  IDP scoring is pretty balanced bring almost every defensive stat into play. We start QRWWFTK, DL,DL,LB,LB,LB,DB,DB,DB.  We have short benches and tight roster restrictions.  Limited to 2-QBs, 3-RBs, 5-WRs, 2-TEs, 2-K, 4-DL, ,5-LB and 5-DBs.  We have a practice squad where we can "demote" players ruled out, on a bye or even suspended and add a free-agent.  The practice squad lets us bypass the roster limits on positions, but we need to empty the squad at the week's end unless a player is out long term.  We also have a total of 8 contracts to assign to our first 8 auction rounds.   3@4-years, 3@3-years and 2@2-years.  We can also extend a players contract once, using one of our auction tags for the same number of years.  Any players that don't have a year after them are only on a single year deal and cannot be extended for this discussion.

I've had horrible luck with the most points against by far, but my team stinks at RB.  

I have Watson (2018), Winston (2019), L.Miller (2019), Kerryon (2021), Smallwood, C.Thompson, Adams (2018), Golladay (2020), Goodwin (2021), Sanu, Valdez-Scantling, T.Williams (2019).  My LBs are Kirksey (2019), Kuechly (2020), Milano, Williamson and Thompson.

He has Trubisky, Rivers (2019), Hines, Cohn (2020), J.Allen, Fournette (2020), Nuk (2021), A.Miller (2021), Juju (2020), Sutton (2021) and Grant.  His LBs are Nickerson, R. Smith (2020), Vigil and Walker.

He's offering Fournette (2020), Grant and Nickerson

for - Adams (2018), Kirksey (2019) and Kuechly (2020).

All players involved can be extended.

My season is lost, I'm playing for the future now.  Because it's an auction league, I cannot count on "draft" position to help me.  I'll be in a solid position with cap regardless of what I do here so it's almost a non-issue.  If I pull the trigger, I'll have Miller, Johnson and Fournette under contract going into next season at RB.  Watson will probably be extended and I've got Winston through 2019.  Fournette is starting to worry me long term.  He's also asking for a lot at LB, especially Kuechly.  I'm worried that I'll be giving up too much at WR just to "fix" a problem with my RBs.  Do I counter for Sutton or someone else?  Sorry for the long post, this league is very difficult because of the roster restrictions but I love it because of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd do it. Adams is good but having a good RB is even better. Fournette will probably always be a part time player but when he plays you will be solid and WR's are easy to replace. I wouldn't worry about losing Kuechly long term, one more concussion and he could be gone for good. Sutton won't help you much this year but next year he may help you out.

I'd do it. Adams is good but having a good RB is even better. Fournette will probably always be a part time player but when he plays you will be solid and WR's are easy to replace. I wouldn't worry about losing Kuechly long term, one more concussion and he could be gone for good. Sutton won't help you much this year but next year he may help you out.
I agree with this complely as WR is easier to replace. Plus you have Golladay who has potential to be a WR1 next year (I doubt Detroit keeps both Tate and Marvin Jones). Go for it!

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/771360-whir-kupp-vs-brown-standard-cohen-vs-allen-ppr/#comment-21426711

I countered with Sutton instead of Grant.  He countered that with Miller, on contract through 2021, instead.  I took that deal.

Users who are viewing this thread