What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper League Draft with 3 picks in the first 19. (1 Viewer)

LoneWarrior

Footballguy
I'm in a keeper league that allows for two keepers + a rookie. Standard scoring/roster league, however its a "quality points" league (winner of each week receives 12 points, second 11, etc. Cumulative total wins the league) and QB TDs are worth 6 points. 2WR/2RB/1Flex(RB/WR) I have the 3rd, 15th & 19th pick with Antonio Brown, Julio Jones & Christian McCaffery as my keepers. 

My concern is that the backs that will be available seem a little shaky with McKinnon, McCoy, Drake, Ajayi, Henry, Ingram & Collins at the top of my Draft Dominator RB projections. Two questions:

• Am I better off taking someone like Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Mike Evans or Travis Kelce early on or shoring up my running back situation with a less-than-appealing back off the top? 
  • Am I better off reaching for a rookie RB such as Penny/Freeman/Johnson/Jones II over some of those names with 15 or 19 given that it's 2 years for 1 pick?

Michael Thomas (#1) or Keenan Allen as a flex would be great. I would then hope for the best with RB's in the other spots. I wouldn't worry about if they were a rookie or not, just get the best players available.

I think you easily take Thomas/Allen over the RB's you listed.  I wouldn't be in such a hurry to take any of the rookie RB's over any of the RB's you listed though with the possible exception of Freeman.  I think he is the guy sooner rather than later and will be a minimum of a split until that happens. 

Def go with an elite WR and then go best available at RB. There is a lot of young talent to choose from in the middle of the pack. 

Users who are viewing this thread