What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper league trade thoughts (1 Viewer)

thedude209

Footballguy
Hello all,

12 team league, standard scoring, 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1TE, 1 TE/WR, 1 K, 1 Def.  Auction draft, with a starting fund of $230.  We have to keep 5-8 players and their salaries come out of our draft funds.  We can sign a player to a contract and his salary goes up $5 dollars every year of the contract.  At the end of the contract we can option that player for one more year at the last price of their contract.  

My potential keepers;

Swift - $19 (open contract was going to sign him for 1 year making his price $24 in 2021)
Kittle - $25 (2021 is last season of contract, could option for 2022 at $25)
Hardman - $1 
Reagor - $2
Jakobi Meyers - $2

I have an offer, Kittle for CeeDee Lamb.  Lamb is at $17, I would sign him for a 2 or 3 year deal.  I like the potential of having a top 15 WR for the next few years but TE is thin come draft time.  The other top 5-6 TEs will be kept leaving Pitts and a few tier 3/4 TEs left to fight over.  

Is it worth it?

Thanks for all thoughts.

I would not keep any of your single digit guys.  They are not worth it.  I would rather save the money.

When do you need to provide the initial contract?  I ask because I wonder why Swift wasn't already under contract for the next few years.

As far as the trade I probably keep Kittle.

Those 3 wrs are the cheapest players I have (outside of the Niners D).  We have to keep at least 5 players. Figured why not with those ones. I like taking more money into the draft. Might just keep Niners instead of Reagor. 

Can only sign players during the off-season that is why Swift isn't signed yet. 

Contracts expired for my other starters. My other keeper options are Gallman at $5, McKissc at $7, Fournette at $13, Perriman at $1, Beckham at $31 (no thanks), Hooper at $1. Really no starting options. Just dart throws. 

Oh and our keepers are submitted last weekend of August.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh.  You are in pretty bad shape keeper wise.  I would probably keep 49ers at $1 over Myers and keep Hardman and Reagor.  Only because you have to keep 5.

Yeah my keepers aren't great.  Had a lot of expiring contracts. On the flip side I'll probably have the biggest draft fund. The top 3 RBs are in the draft along with the top 3 or 4 QBs. So I'll be able to get one of those guys no problem. 

Users who are viewing this thread