What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper question (1 Viewer)

The Show

Footballguy
I am in a 12 man keep UP to 4 player league. We start 1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 1 flex, 1K, 1 DST.  1 pt per 10 yds rush or rec. 1 pt per 25 yds pass. 1 pt per rec. 

J Allen , D Jones 

E Elliott, L Bell, J Hill, Du Johnson, 

D Hopkins, M Evans, C Kupp, S Shepard 

D Waller, M Gesiki 

Now I can keep up to 4 of these players for the up Coming season. Each player I keep I lose that rounds pick. EX: If I keep Zeke and Hopkins I begin drafting in round 3. 

Speaking of which, I was thinking about doing this and then grab one of the rookie RBs in round 3. Would you do this or keep 3 or 4 of the guys I have above and which ones if you do?

I am I a league similar to this. Set up a draft sheet and figure which of your players fall in the top 48. Then figure out how many players the other teams have to protect. Do you know the draft order? Do a mock draft, is there a player higher than the one you would would have protected available then that will be your guide to who to protect. The later your last pick the more likely I would be not protect a 4th player. As people will protect guys like Rodgers and Bell based on what they did two years ago. 

If I had this team, I am keeping Elliott, Hopkins and Evans...  basically 3 players in the top 13-14.  Then, as always, I put my rankings together and go from there as I am drafting.  IMO, not keeping Evans for technically a 3rd round pick (and even for a rookie) would be a mistake. 

I would try to project what the other 11 teams would do with their roster keepers and I usually project this as what I may keep if I don't know the other owners as well with how they have kept players in the past years.  This would give me what potential picks in each round there might be and project where my 1st pick in round 4... like if 1/2 the teams keep 3, then I know that 6 additional picks before round 4 starts.  Do you know your draft spot position? snake style? any other quirks in the draft?

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had this team, I am keeping Elliott, Hopkins and Evans...  basically 3 players in the top 13-14.  Then, as always, I put my rankings together and go from there as I am drafting.  IMO, not keeping Evans for technically a 3rd round pick (and even for a rookie) would be a mistake. 

I would try to project what the other 11 teams would do with their roster keepers and I usually project this as what I may keep if I don't know the other owners as well with how they have kept players in the past years.  This would give me what potential picks in each round there might be and project where my 1st pick in round 4... like if 1/2 the teams keep 3, then I know that 6 additional picks before round 4 starts.  Do you know your draft spot position? snake style? any other quirks in the draft?
This.

Once you estimate what you think you're league will do, then you can decide if you want to just keep Zeke/Hopkins/Evans, or if you want to keep Kupp as your 4th.  I think in most situations, you will keep Kupp as your 4th.

Users who are viewing this thread