What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kelce for Diggs (1 Viewer)

oddsbodkins

Footballguy
10 team PPR superflex/flex with lower scoring for QBs

I trade Diggs with 9th round keeper penalty and a 12th pick for Kelce and his 5th round penalty and a 6th round pick.

Current keepers are Cook, Hopkins and McKinnon. I also have the first pick and will take Gurley.

Good deal or stand pat? I can go either way.

Thanks!

I would take the trade. I’m a huge Diggs fan, and the value of only losing your 9th is really tempting, but locking in the TE position with Kelce is hard to pass up. Take Gurley with your first, and best available WR with your 2nd round pick (unless there is better value at a different position) and you have the best RB1, one of the best RB2s, top 3 WR1, and 2 top 15-20 WR2s. You’re pretty solid after round 2. Plus I think there is a lot of value around the 6th this year, so that extra 6th is a plus.

With 3 keepers each that 6th round pick isn't very valuable. Just because of elite production scarcity in the position I would go for Kelce over Diggs.

Thanks guys. Yeah, I went to him with this trade and sometimes when they accept with little trouble you think, "did I miss something?" So, there's going to be a WR1 at the 2/3 turn and I'll either double up with another WR and wait on a QB or take the best QB if it's QB 6 or higher (Wilson, Goff and Wentz unavailable). I won't draft again until the 6th which is why I needed his 6th in return.

So if I map this out you are looking at:

If you sit tight you keep Diggs plus keep your 5th round pick, but lose your ninth

If you trade you get Kelce, lose your fifth, gain a 6th, keep your ninth, lose your 12th?

So  in essence

Diggs + a 5th + a 12th

for Kelce + a 6th + a 9th

Kelce (#26) and Diggs (#30) are pretty close in current ADP with a slight advantage to Kelce.  The pick exchange is also close, but I think I would prefer the 6th plus the 9th slightly.

So if I map this out you are looking at:

If you sit tight you keep Diggs plus keep your 5th round pick, but lose your ninth

If you trade you get Kelce, lose your fifth, gain a 6th, keep your ninth, lose your 12th?

So  in essence

Diggs + a 5th + a 12th

for Kelce + a 6th + a 9th

Kelce (#26) and Diggs (#30) are pretty close in current ADP with a slight advantage to Kelce.  The pick exchange is also close, but I think I would prefer the 6th plus the 9th slightly.
That is 100% correct and perfectly laid out!

After Gronk and Kelce (and maybe Ertz), TE production seemingly falls off a cliff in comparison. It's easier to find points with WR than it is with TE. Gronk or Kelce at TE is like having that extra receiver anyway.

That is 100% correct and perfectly laid out!

After Gronk and Kelce (and maybe Ertz), TE production seemingly falls off a cliff in comparison. It's easier to find points with WR than it is with TE. Gronk or Kelce at TE is like having that extra receiver anyway.
I disagree somewhat with this statement.  I think the TE's are deep and easy to find someone that won't hurt you in matchups.  There are 6-8 guys I don't have any problem with after the big three.  However, I still probably like the Kelce side for this particular situation.

Users who are viewing this thread