What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kick a 43-yard FG and get free beer for a year! (1 Viewer)

There is some sort of national soccer coaches convention in town that weekend.  I predict it will be hit!

I could hit a 43 yarder. 

I remember maybe 15 years or so ago I was working a catering event at the Chiefs indoor practice facility. They had a bunch of footballs and tees in there and people were trying their hand (foot) at kicking field goals.

I hit a bunch through from 35-50 yards pretty easily. Kicked it right over the mountains over there. 

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
I could hit a 43 yarder. 

I remember maybe 15 years or so ago I was working a catering event at the Chiefs indoor practice facility. They had a bunch of footballs and tees in there and people were trying their hand (foot) at kicking field goals.

I hit a bunch through from 35-50 yards pretty easily. Kicked it right over the mountains over there. 
Pressure's on, though. Much different. Also, different balls. Game balls vs. practice. Trust a former kicker.  

The Chicago brewing company is also giving two first-place finishers a prize for successfully kicking the 43-yard field goal. They’ll receive a pair of tickets to ANY 2019 regular season game of their choosing, plus round-trip airfare and hotel accommodations for two consecutive nights. They’ll also get $100 of Lyft credit.
I wonder if there is any small print here, as I would easily choose the London game, no matter who is playing, for free flights to Europe.  

I doubt it will be zero.  The average Joe won't make it, but soccer guys, former HS/College kickers...there's a few folks out there.
As a soccer guy my first thought is "of course I can make it".  But the cynical side starts thinking about the difference in the ball, cameras and everyone watching... and doubt creeps in.  I have kicked a mini basketball through the uprights in the Georgia Dome from 50-60 yards, but again, different ball despite wearing work boots and being 20 years ago.

Galileo said:
I doubt it will be zero.  The average Joe won't make it, but soccer guys, former HS/College kickers...there's a few folks out there.
I played club soccer for 10 years in my youth.  Since we practiced on the high school football field, we tried a lot of field goals over the years.   Very few guys on our team could hit anything longer than 35 yards, but could kick a soccer ball 2/3 the length of the field.   

Someone will hit it, but it isn’t that easy.

just saw Jaysus said nobody made it.  

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, those attempts shown at this challenge were off a slick surface with snow on the ground and falling.  It's no wonder no one could make the FG.  Most of them slipped as they tried to kick it.  Would have been better off ditching the soccer style attempt and go Tom Dempsey style, straight on.  Balls may have been frozen too, which is always uncomfortable. 

They hold this challenge at the college football HOF and there would be plenty of people drinking free for a year.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread