What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Koren Robinson in trouble again... (1 Viewer)

Beaumont said:
Koren Robinson is under supervised probation. Just getting arrested, regardless of conviction, may violate the terms of that probation and send him to the slammer IIRC ...

I dont do much criminal law ...

Koren Robinson pleads guilty on DUI charge

NFL.com wire reports

KIRKLAND, Wash. (July 18, 2005) -- Former Seattle Seahawks receiver Koren Robinson pleaded guilty to one count of driving under the influence, and was ordered to spend one day in jail.

Kirkland Municipal Court Judge Albert Raines sentenced Robinson to one year in jail with 364 days suspended. He must serve 24 months of supervised probation and use an ignition interlock device for one year. He was also fined $2,137 and had his license suspended for 90 days.

A second charge of reckless driving was dismissed.

"I hope you spend the day reflecting on what is ahead of you rather than what is behind you," Raines told Robinson.

Robinson, 25, was arrested on May 6 in the Seattle suburb of Medina following a traffic stop. Court papers said Robinson had a blood-alcohol level of .191. He originally pleaded innocent to charges of reckless and drunken driving.

Robinson was the ninth overall pick of the Seahawks in the 2001 draft. His best season was 2002, when he had 78 receptions for 1,240 yards, the only Seattle receiver other than Hall of Famer Steve Largent to record a 1,200-yard season.

His production subsequently declined, with 39 receptions for 536 yards in 2003 and 31 receptions for 495 yards last season. He was released by the team on June 2 after totaling 213 receptions for 3,167 yards and 12 touchdowns in 57 games with Seattle.

Last season, Robinson was suspended four games by the NFL for violating the league's substance abuse rules, and he agreed to enter alcohol abuse treatment earlier this year.
As A criminal defense lawyer here in Texas, I would be hating this case. If the rules of evidence and other aspects of the law are similar in Washington (where his original probation is) and/or Minnesota (if his probation was transferred to Minnesota), he's at the very least looking at some time for his probation violation. Even if he gets found not guilty on the new cases (which sounds doubtful, at least, with the Evading Arrest), the burden of proof on a probation revocation is much less than that of a regular case. The burden of proof on the probation is a preponderance of eveidnce (did Koren more likely than not violate his probation ), whereas the new cases have a burden of proof of beyond a reasonable doubt. In a nutshell, he can hire the best attorneys to convince a jury he is not guilt of the new cases; the trick is convincing a Judge who let him out on probation that Koren didn't violate his probation. The trick is to get that same Judge to take a chance and TRUST him not to drink and drive again. To trust Koren not to kill someone while driving under the influence. Not likely. Game over for Koren.

Last edited by a moderator:
Twin Cities radio is reporting that Robinson was chased for 10 miles after the intial attempt to stop him. The St.Peter police chief (where the crime occurred) believes Robinson will be charged with the DUI as well as a felony crime of running from the police.Kornen is still sitting in jail.
Yikes! The Vikes will no doubt release him given their new get tough policy. He has likely played his last down in the NFL.
Doesn't the new CBA say you cannot be cut except for lack of performance on the field? If so I would think he could only be cut when his suspension is handed down which will be after the trial which might be after the season. I bet Wilf is studying the CBA right around now to find a loop hole if it is so.

Beaumont said:
Koren Robinson is under supervised probation. Just getting arrested, regardless of conviction, may violate the terms of that probation and send him to the slammer IIRC ...

I dont do much criminal law ...

Koren Robinson pleads guilty on DUI charge

NFL.com wire reports

KIRKLAND, Wash. (July 18, 2005) -- Former Seattle Seahawks receiver Koren Robinson pleaded guilty to one count of driving under the influence, and was ordered to spend one day in jail.

Kirkland Municipal Court Judge Albert Raines sentenced Robinson to one year in jail with 364 days suspended. He must serve 24 months of supervised probation and use an ignition interlock device for one year. He was also fined $2,137 and had his license suspended for 90 days.

A second charge of reckless driving was dismissed.

"I hope you spend the day reflecting on what is ahead of you rather than what is behind you," Raines told Robinson.

Robinson, 25, was arrested on May 6 in the Seattle suburb of Medina following a traffic stop. Court papers said Robinson had a blood-alcohol level of .191. He originally pleaded innocent to charges of reckless and drunken driving.

Robinson was the ninth overall pick of the Seahawks in the 2001 draft. His best season was 2002, when he had 78 receptions for 1,240 yards, the only Seattle receiver other than Hall of Famer Steve Largent to record a 1,200-yard season.

His production subsequently declined, with 39 receptions for 536 yards in 2003 and 31 receptions for 495 yards last season. He was released by the team on June 2 after totaling 213 receptions for 3,167 yards and 12 touchdowns in 57 games with Seattle.

Last season, Robinson was suspended four games by the NFL for violating the league's substance abuse rules, and he agreed to enter alcohol abuse treatment earlier this year.
As A criminal defense lawyer here in Texas, I would be hating this case. If the rules of evidence and other aspects of the law are similar in Washington (where his original probation is) and/or Minnesota (if his probation was transferred to Minnesota), he's at the very least looking at some time for his probation violation. Even if he gets found not guilty on the new cases (which sounds doubtful, at least, with the Evading Arrest), the burden of proof on a probation revocation is much less than that of a regular case. The burden of proof on the probation is a preponderance of eveidnce (did Koren more likely than not violate his probation ), whereas the new cases have a burden of proof of beyond a reasonable doubt. In a nutshell, he can hire the best attorneys to convince a jury he is not guilt of the new cases; the trick is convincing a Judge who let him out on probation that Koren didn't violate his probation. The trick is to get that same Judge to take a chance and TRUST him not to drink and drive again. To trust Koren not to kill someone while driving under the influence. Not likely. Game over for Koren.
As a present assistant Attorney General and a former criminal defense attorney, I agree. The wrinkle is what the timing of the proceedings will be. That is, which matter will be handled first, the probation violation or the new charges. The order in which the two proceedings are handled may have a significant impact on Koren's overall situation.

As a present assistant Attorney General and a former criminal defense attorney, I agree. The wrinkle is what the timing of the proceedings will be. That is, which matter will be handled first, the probation violation or the new charges. The order in which the two proceedings are handled may have a significant impact on Koren's overall situation.
But do you agree that his NFL career is over?

NoLimit said:
Why not hire a driver :confused:
:goodposting: I never seem to understand how athletes continue to get in trouble. If I was as rich as these guys, I would have a house like Disney, and a bar that goes on for miles. I wouldn't ever want to leave.
It's an addiction, folks. Nobody decides to go piss away a multi-million dollar career. He's got an alcohol problem, and is in denial about it. He didn't hire a driver because to do that would assume the problem he's denying. He may not have even departed camp in his car intending to drink, and something along the way tempted him leading to this. It's a nasty problem and I wish him luck on it. I'm glad he didn't hurt himself or someone else.

I'm not too sure about Rogers, Lelie, or Porter going to Minny. It is Brad Childress after all. He and Reid were the ones for years claiming they liked the receivers they had, saying Pinkston, Lewis, etc... were very talented. I'm guessing Minny keeps the WR they have.

BlueOnion said:
nightshift said:
Justloveit said:
Who do we bump up? Are Williamson or Taylor worth picking up? Which would you prefer?
Taylor.
:goodposting: I am a long time Williamson supporter, but Brad Johnson is a seasoned veteran and Travis Taylor has been around long enough to know the ins-and-outs of being a receiver.
I'm not sure how Brad Johnson being a seasoned veteran gives any advatage to Taylor. I happen to think Williamson has a big time advantage here. Williamson showed good chemistry with Johnson out of the gates last year, and they had good timing together, presumable from when they praticed on the second team together. They've now been working together all spring training as well with 1st team reps. I like Williamson's chances.If I was a betting man, I'd give Taylor an edge as more likely to reach a 800 and 5 TDs level (Williamson granted has a higher chance of doing zero), but if I'm looking for a guy with a chance to get to a 1100+ and almost double digit TDs, Williamson is the guy here. Taylor just doesn't have upside to be anything more than a rare spot fantasy start. Williamsons big play potential gives him FF potential.
I like that post. I don't think Troy Williamson was drafted 7th to be anything less then the team's go to receiver. Bridging that gap may require some work, but your point about upside is well taken.

Too early to say.

Too early to say.
The guy who I'm most reminded of is R. Jay Soward out of USC by way of Jacksonville. He had a nasty alcohol problem, to the point that the team hired a driver to get him to meetings on time and he was still unable to do it. He dropped out of football in 2001 and got into serious rehab, and a story in the LA Times from about a year ago had him back playing in the CFL hoping to resurrect his career. He's stil only 28 years old so maybe there's a chance for him. With regards to Koren he's 26 years old now, but if he's out of football that makes him 27 years old at least when he tries to play again. While he too could go to the CFL earlier than that, I think he needs to get this problem under control first before he can realistically have a chance to do that.

BlueOnion said:
nightshift said:
Justloveit said:
Who do we bump up? Are Williamson or Taylor worth picking up? Which would you prefer?
Taylor.
:goodposting: I am a long time Williamson supporter, but Brad Johnson is a seasoned veteran and Travis Taylor has been around long enough to know the ins-and-outs of being a receiver.
I'm not sure how Brad Johnson being a seasoned veteran gives any advatage to Taylor. I happen to think Williamson has a big time advantage here. Williamson showed good chemistry with Johnson out of the gates last year, and they had good timing together, presumable from when they praticed on the second team together. They've now been working together all spring training as well with 1st team reps. I like Williamson's chances.If I was a betting man, I'd give Taylor an edge as more likely to reach a 800 and 5 TDs level (Williamson granted has a higher chance of doing zero), but if I'm looking for a guy with a chance to get to a 1100+ and almost double digit TDs, Williamson is the guy here. Taylor just doesn't have upside to be anything more than a rare spot fantasy start. Williamsons big play potential gives him FF potential.
I like that post. I don't think Troy Williamson was drafted 7th to be anything less then the team's go to receiver. Bridging that gap may require some work, but your point about upside is well taken.
Wasn't Williamson drafted to be the speedster, deep-threat replacement for Moss? Does Brad Johnson really have what it takes to take advantage of a deep threat speed guy? That's the main thing I'm worrying about.

=============

Draft Sharks

Koren Robinson Arrested

August 16, 2006

==============

** ESPN.com reports: "Minnesota Vikings receiver Koren Robinson, who was cut by the Seattle Seahawks last year because of drinking and other problems, was in jail Wednesday on suspicion of drunken driving, a newspaper reported. Sgt. Loren Jansen of the St. Peter Police Department told the St. Paul Pioneer Press that Robinson was arrested around 10:46 p.m. Tuesday for 'driving while impaired.'" Well, that's it... He hasn't been formally charged yet but you can bet Koren gets a year's suspension based on his stage in the NFL substance abuse program. So much for his proactive attendance in AA meetings this offseason -- he was actually seeking help because he was boozing again. Robinson will be charged in his court appearance today. Troy Williamson now shoots up our rankings (someone has to catch Brad Johnson's passes) along with new starting WR Travis Taylor, who makes a nice leap as well.

BlueOnion said:
nightshift said:
Justloveit said:
Taylor.
Wasn't Williamson drafted to be the speedster, deep-threat replacement for Moss? Does Brad Johnson really have what it takes to take advantage of a deep threat speed guy? That's the main thing I'm worrying about.
There is more to throwing deep than just a strong arm. While a strong arm helps, Brad Johnson's experience, and ability to throw the ball on time allows him to throw deep. As a brief comparison, in Culpepper's 216 attempts last year, he had 16 passes over 20 yards, and 2 over 40. In Johnson's 294 attempts, he had 15 passes of 20+ and 6 of 40+.

Projections for Taylor anyone?
I'm still on the Williamson>Taylor bandwagon. He's just a better player, and now that he's not a rookie, that helps even more.Williamson:75/920/7Taylor:60/830/6I think it's going to be fairly even between the two, but again, a slight edge to Troy.

BlueOnion said:
nightshift said:
Justloveit said:
Taylor.
williamson's serious speed can also be used on short slants in which if he breaks a tackle or fakes a DB out he can take it the distance... also, johnson can still throw the ball 40+ yards... i'm guessing it is pretty rare for ball to travel 60 yards in the air on any kind of pass play...

i thought you were a changed man krob what happened

jeez someone gotta catch the ball, but i could see it being split still between the taylor, robinson, and williamson

NoLimit said:
:goodposting: Seriously these guys hire maids, chefs, personal trainers, etc. Why not hire a driver? They guy has enough money to buy his own cab company for the love of God. What an idiot.

NoLimit said:
:goodposting: Seriously these guys hire maids, chefs, personal trainers, etc. Why not hire a driver? They guy has enough money to buy his own cab company for the love of God. What an idiot.
I would imagine that he was still trying to hide his problem from the team. What he should have done is pick up the phone and called the team for help and to come get him instead of hauling ### back to Gage Hall at 100mph. He's in way more trouble now than he would have been for breaking curfew. Dumb###.

Hate to be the wetrag but I think it's really sad what happened to KRob...I thought he was actually turning the corner...the off season AA meetings were sure a wake up call.

For anyone on here that does drink regularly to laugh at him for getting busted with a DUI...shame on you. I was almost caught with a DUI about 10 years ago and I was just fortunate the cop pulled me over directly in front of my building...he told me to park it and go home...I was lucky.

The guy obviously needs help. I guess the team had the day off but apparently KRob does not have anyone around him that cares enough to step in and help him. Alcoholism is one of the hardest to kick because it is so socially acceptable. While I have not been to an AA meeting and I have never shown up to work drunk, I do consider myself a functioning alcoholic of sorts...I can't go more than a few day without a Scotch or a Beer and I am sure many of you are the same but don't think of yourself as an alcoholic.

I understand that people want to project numbers for the remaining WR but I would have liked to have seen a seperate discussion/thread for that. I hope KRob gets the help he needs as he was a major NFL talent and will surely get at least a 1 year boot and its doubtful anyone will want to give this guy a 3rd chance. He earned his spot by going to the Pro Bowl on special teams...really seemed to be a blue collar guy last season...I'm sure the players on that team will be disturbed by this as I would imagine KRob had become well liked in that club, otherwise they would not have laid out the $$$ for him.

Sorry if I am not projecting stats for the back ups, just wanted to vent a little.

For anyone on here that does drink regularly to laugh at him for getting busted with a DUI...shame on you.
There's a HUGE difference between drinking regularly, and being stupid enough to get behind the wheel when you do.
And I say no there isnt. If you drink regularly you are drinking at bars. Going to Hooters and downing 3-4 beers, then getting in the car and driving home...I can do it and I don't feel real drunk at all, but if I get pulled over I know I probably would not pass a breathalizer...many of you go to happy hour right after work and down 3-4 beers so you can go home and play with mom and the kids with a big smile on your face, don't act like people don't do it on here.FBG= Rich, Adonis Body, Philanthropist, Trophy Wife, Playboy girlfriend, and never drinks and drives now, right?

Hate to be the wetrag but I think it's really sad what happened to KRob...I thought he was actually turning the corner...the off season AA meetings were sure a wake up call. For anyone on here that does drink regularly to laugh at him for getting busted with a DUI...shame on you. I was almost caught with a DUI about 10 years ago and I was just fortunate the cop pulled me over directly in front of my building...he told me to park it and go home...I was lucky. The guy obviously needs help. I guess the team had the day off but apparently KRob does not have anyone around him that cares enough to step in and help him. Alcoholism is one of the hardest to kick because it is so socially acceptable. While I have not been to an AA meeting and I have never shown up to work drunk, I do consider myself a functioning alcoholic of sorts...I can't go more than a few day without a Scotch or a Beer and I am sure many of you are the same but don't think of yourself as an alcoholic.I understand that people want to project numbers for the remaining WR but I would have liked to have seen a seperate discussion/thread for that. I hope KRob gets the help he needs as he was a major NFL talent and will surely get at least a 1 year boot and its doubtful anyone will want to give this guy a 3rd chance. He earned his spot by going to the Pro Bowl on special teams...really seemed to be a blue collar guy last season...I'm sure the players on that team will be disturbed by this as I would imagine KRob had become well liked in that club, otherwise they would not have laid out the $$$ for him.Sorry if I am not projecting stats for the back ups, just wanted to vent a little.
God, where to begin. :confused: First, sorry to hear that you are an alcoholic (functioning or otherwise). That must be tough to deal with. (And I'm not sure where you're coming from saying that alcoholism is "so socially acceptable" - that's just crazy.)But I must take exception with several of your statements. First, Robinson deserves every bit of vitriol and denigration directed his way (although I don't think laughter is appropriate). I've not had anyone I know killed by a drunk driver, but I'm probably a rarity. Second, there's a lot to be sorry about in this latest episode, but that doesn't include the fact that "KRob" won't be playing for the Vikes. The sorry part is that he only got a suspended sentence of 1 day. What a joke.Lastly, KRob was never a "major NFL talent". He was a high draft pick that turned out to be a bust. Hopefully he gets help before he kills someone.

many of you go to happy hour right after work and down 3-4 beers so you can go home and play with mom and the kids with a big smile on your face, don't act like people don't do it on here.
Uh, I don't.And if you really need 3-4 drinks to face going home to your wife and kids you might want to think about seeking help. That's just sad. Again, I'm not a (functioning) alcoholic so I can't really relate. Sure, you might find one or two people here that feel as you do. But it sounds like you need AA.

While I have not been to an AA meeting and I have never shown up to work drunk, I do consider myself a functioning alcoholic of sorts...I can't go more than a few day without a Scotch or a Beer and I am sure many of you are the same but don't think of yourself as an alcoholic.
Both my father and father-in-law were (sober now) alcoholics. It destroyed their relationships with their wives and children. It got my dad thrown in jail and my father-in-law is now teetering on the brink of death needing a new liver. For yourself and your family, GET SOBER NOW.

Hate to be the wetrag but I think it's really sad what happened to KRob...I thought he was actually turning the corner...the off season AA meetings were sure a wake up call. For anyone on here that does drink regularly to laugh at him for getting busted with a DUI...shame on you. I was almost caught with a DUI about 10 years ago and I was just fortunate the cop pulled me over directly in front of my building...he told me to park it and go home...I was lucky. The guy obviously needs help. I guess the team had the day off but apparently KRob does not have anyone around him that cares enough to step in and help him. Alcoholism is one of the hardest to kick because it is so socially acceptable. While I have not been to an AA meeting and I have never shown up to work drunk, I do consider myself a functioning alcoholic of sorts...I can't go more than a few day without a Scotch or a Beer and I am sure many of you are the same but don't think of yourself as an alcoholic.I understand that people want to project numbers for the remaining WR but I would have liked to have seen a seperate discussion/thread for that. I hope KRob gets the help he needs as he was a major NFL talent and will surely get at least a 1 year boot and its doubtful anyone will want to give this guy a 3rd chance. He earned his spot by going to the Pro Bowl on special teams...really seemed to be a blue collar guy last season...I'm sure the players on that team will be disturbed by this as I would imagine KRob had become well liked in that club, otherwise they would not have laid out the $$$ for him.Sorry if I am not projecting stats for the back ups, just wanted to vent a little.
God, where to begin. :confused: First, sorry to hear that you are an alcoholic (functioning or otherwise). That must be tough to deal with. (And I'm not sure where you're coming from saying that alcoholism is "so socially acceptable" - that's just crazy.)But I must take exception with several of your statements. First, Robinson deserves every bit of vitriol and denigration directed his way (although I don't think laughter is appropriate). I've not had anyone killed by a drunk driver, but I'm probably a rarity. Second, there's a lot to be sorry about in this latest episode, but that doesn't include the fact that "KRob" won't be playing for the Vikes. The sorry part is that he only got a suspended sentence of 1 day. What a joke.Lastly, KRob was never a "major NFL talent". He was a high draft pick that turned out to be a bust. Hopefully he gets help before he kills someone.
Hey Kup, I appreciate your post.1. I feel no shame in me being a "functioning alcoholic", I think many on here are and simply will not admit it. If you drink till you get drunk even if its once in awhile, your an alcoholic. Down an average of a couple drinks a day but never get drunk...alcoholic. There are a lot of functioning alcoholics. And it is "Socially Acceptable". You know how many bosses i have had over the years that took me with them to the bars...part of the reason I got this way. You want to climb the corporate ladder in a lot of companies you better be ready to spend some time in a social environment with the boss...if he drink then you probably are going to as well. Am I really out in left field with this? I can't imagine I'm the only one this has happened to.2. I agree KRob screwed up and deserves the maximum punishment. He also needs help, he needs someone to help him stand up right now and I hope the team does not turn their backs on him or you could see another Clarett type thing and I hope we don't all wish for that. I am being a little extreme but i would hate to hear that he downed a bottle of alcohol and killed himself or something because he felt he was at the end of his rope. He needs some high cost celebrity counseling and I do hope he gets it.3. KRob was a potential top10 WR int he NFL and I think a potential top10 WR in FF back in 2001/2002 before he had so many problems. He was an NFL talent and his trip to the Pro bowl last season i think proves that too.Thanks Kupcho, good post.

many of you go to happy hour right after work and down 3-4 beers so you can go home and play with mom and the kids with a big smile on your face, don't act like people don't do it on here.
Uh, I don't.And if you really need 3-4 drinks to face going home to your wife and kids you might want to think about seeking help. That's just sad. Again, I'm not a (functioning) alcoholic so I can't really relate. Sure, you might find one or two people here that feel as you do. But it sounds like you need AA.
I dont have kids, I rarely go to Happy hours except on Fridays with my wife...I typically pop a couple beers and a scotch at home usually at night right after or during my bowl I might add... :D Look, the bars are filled with these people between 3-7 everyday...you can't get around that...they could all be arrested if a cop pulled them over...that's absolutley true.

While I have not been to an AA meeting and I have never shown up to work drunk, I do consider myself a functioning alcoholic of sorts...I can't go more than a few day without a Scotch or a Beer and I am sure many of you are the same but don't think of yourself as an alcoholic.
Both my father and father-in-law were (sober now) alcoholics. It destroyed their relationships with their wives and children. It got my dad thrown in jail and my father-in-law is now teetering on the brink of death needing a new liver. For yourself and your family, GET SOBER NOW.
I don't want to be sober...I want to be sedated.

Congrats MOP...the first step is admitting that you have a drinking problem.

BlueOnion said:
nightshift said:
Justloveit said:
Taylor.
:goodposting: Johnson just doesn't have the arm. Against the Raiders I saw him 'air' it out from the Raiders 45 yard line and the ball came down around the 10. Consider he probably dropped back 7 yards, that is 42 yards in the air. I suspect Brad could maybe push it to 48 yards, but Troy Williamson can cover 40 of those 48 yards in 4.2 seconds.Although Williamson can beat a defender down the field, defenders will have an advantage knowing that if Johnson has realized the ball deep to Williamson by his first 10 steps, there is no need to continue to cover Williamson deep.This was Culpepper's best attribute (coupled with Moss). Because Culpepper could throw the ball (very accurately 70+ yards and Randy Moss could get 70+ yards down field quickly, defenders were forced to defend the entire field; not just 45 yards.

i don't think the league does anything in the way of suspension until it works its way through the legal system... in case of leonard little two years ago on eve of draft, he was arrested for DUI but case was delayed until after the season.little refused the breathalyzer & actually got off due to some irregularities with how the arresting officer administered the tests (i think)...i don't recall if it mentioned whether a breathalyzer was used (i don't think it did) or if he failed field sobriety tests... i'm pretty sure robinson has been not only arrested on the charge but convicted before (the guy is such a hardcase he got busted for being drunk when he showed up to do his jail time... for, you guessed it, drunk driving)... another one would probably trigger a year suspension, it sounds like...
This time Robinson was doing over 100 mph and fled police who tried to pull him over for several miles - they may charge him with a count (felony) of fleeing arrest. In any case, the other problem for K. Robinson here is that he has without doubt violated his parole, so if that is revoked then he'll be in an even bigger world of hurt. The bottom line for me is that Robinson just tanked off my draft board. There's no telling where he'll end up but with the Wilf's insistence on "righting the ship" (pun intended) and etc. etc., I wouldn't be surprised to see them "excuse" Robinson from practices until the legal system runs its course.

Hate to be the wetrag but I think it's really sad what happened to KRob...I thought he was actually turning the corner...the off season AA meetings were sure a wake up call.

For anyone on here that does drink regularly to laugh at him for getting busted with a DUI...shame on you. I was almost caught with a DUI about 10 years ago and I was just fortunate the cop pulled me over directly in front of my building...he told me to park it and go home...I was lucky.

The guy obviously needs help. I guess the team had the day off but apparently KRob does not have anyone around him that cares enough to step in and help him. Alcoholism is one of the hardest to kick because it is so socially acceptable. While I have not been to an AA meeting and I have never shown up to work drunk, I do consider myself a functioning alcoholic of sorts...I can't go more than a few day without a Scotch or a Beer and I am sure many of you are the same but don't think of yourself as an alcoholic.

I understand that people want to project numbers for the remaining WR but I would have liked to have seen a seperate discussion/thread for that. I hope KRob gets the help he needs as he was a major NFL talent and will surely get at least a 1 year boot and its doubtful anyone will want to give this guy a 3rd chance. He earned his spot by going to the Pro Bowl on special teams...really seemed to be a blue collar guy last season...I'm sure the players on that team will be disturbed by this as I would imagine KRob had become well liked in that club, otherwise they would not have laid out the $$$ for him.

Sorry if I am not projecting stats for the back ups, just wanted to vent a little.
Where was the admission of a problem? I must have missed that one as all I saw was an anecdote from 10 years ago.

I'm a student attorney with the public defender's office here in Minnesota. Given his speed and his priors, he's looking at at least a month or so in jail. I'm not sure what the charge is (if it's a second degree (.20 or higher BPT - KRob's wasnt - or 2 priors) then he may be looking at a year.

Where was the admission of a problem? I must have missed that one as all I saw was an anecdote from 10 years ago.
I do consider myself a functioning alcoholic

BlueOnion said:
nightshift said:
Justloveit said:
Taylor.
:goodposting: Johnson just doesn't have the arm. Against the Raiders I saw him 'air' it out from the Raiders 45 yard line and the ball came down around the 10. Consider he probably dropped back 7 yards, that is 42 yards in the air. I suspect Brad could maybe push it to 48 yards, but Troy Williamson can cover 40 of those 48 yards in 4.2 seconds.Although Williamson can beat a defender down the field, defenders will have an advantage knowing that if Johnson has realized the ball deep to Williamson by his first 10 steps, there is no need to continue to cover Williamson deep.This was Culpepper's best attribute (coupled with Moss). Because Culpepper could throw the ball (very accurately 70+ yards and Randy Moss could get 70+ yards down field quickly, defenders were forced to defend the entire field; not just 45 yards.
Like I said before, there is more to throwing the ball deep that a big arm (even though the big arm helps). BJ had more 40+ completions per attempt last year than Culpepper did. Williamson will be helped tremdously by playing every down (or almost everydown) instead of just being brough in specifically to run a deep route.Besides, the deep ball is not the only way Williamson is going to get yards. I don't think he was drafted purely to "play the Moss role." He was drafted because of his talent and upside. Williamson has every chance to be a better receiver than Taylor this year. Why is Taylor on this high pedastal of being a veteran? He's been a major disappointment his whole year? If I'm hitching my fantasy horse to one of these carts, I'm not going to hitch it to Taylor. I know where that horse is going.

Projections for Taylor anyone?
I'm still on the Williamson>Taylor bandwagon. He's just a better player, and now that he's not a rookie, that helps even more.Williamson:75/920/7Taylor:60/830/6I think it's going to be fairly even between the two, but again, a slight edge to Troy.
I agree with you that Williamson may have better numbers when it's all said and done this year, but to say he's just a better player... well, I havent seen any evidence of that just yet. Taylor is still relatively young at 28 and was a very high Draft Pick (10th overall) like Williamson (7th overall). So needless to say, they are both extremely talented... they both have a chance now to be a #1 WR.

Taylor is still relatively young at 27 and was a very high Draft Pick (10th overall) like Williamson (7th overall). So needless to say, they are both extremely talented... they both have a chance now to be a #1 WR.
Didn't Taylor blow that chance in Baltimore year after year? What has Taylor done in the NFL to make you say he's extremely talented?

Taylor is still relatively young at 27 and was a very high Draft Pick (10th overall) like Williamson (7th overall). So needless to say, they are both extremely talented... they both have a chance now to be a #1 WR.
Didn't Taylor blow that chance in Baltimore year after year? What has Taylor done in the NFL to make you say he's extremely talented?
You can have all the talent in the world and still do nothing with it. Taylor: case and point.

Looks like Brandow's Anarchy team is cursed.

Not even a week after the draft, one of my receivers about to be cut, the other facing a year suspension.

Lelie to the Bears would seal the deal IMO.

I think Koren is toast for this year. He's probably getting suspended for the year at the very least right?

Regarding all the back and forth about alcholism. I didn't bring it up, but I am going to chime in on this one. While I can appreciate the jokes because Koren's situation is ridiculous at first glance, I think that Koren deserves to be treated as any person with a detrimental addition. His actions lead me to believe that he has a disease--meaning that he cannot help it or just get over it. He needs professional help. It's tragic and pretty sad to throw away one's career like this. And he's lucky not have have killed himself or someone else while drinking drunk, which another poster made above. He'd then be looking at several years of jail time in a real prison and would have to live with the guilt the rest of his life.

As you guys probably know alcohol is a serious problem, especially in the U.S. Long term it leads to liver, neurological, esophogeal and issues. In my physical diagnosis class they directed us to use the CAGE questionnaire when talking with patients. With that in mind MOP and anyone else who cares, read these questions and think about the answers. I pulled them from the textbook we used, Bates' Guide To Physical Examination, 9th edition:

C: Have you ever felt the need to cut down on drinking?

A: Have you ever felt annoyed by criticism of your drinking?

G: Have you ever felt guilty of your drinking?

E: Have you ever taken a drink first thing in the morning (eye-opener) to steady your nerves or get rid of a hangover?

Two or more affirmative answers suggest alcohol misuse. If this is the case, then we're supposed to ask about blackouts, conflicts at home or work, job problems (what up, Koren?), or accidents while drunk. So now think about how often these things have happened to you. If you think that you have a problem--and you're not alone many people do--talk about it with your doctor. The same way you would bring up a broken arm or any other disease.

Users who are viewing this thread