What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kris Durham - WR, Lions (1 Viewer)

rickyg

Footballguy
So while everyone thought it would be broyles who would benefit the most from burleson's absence it was Kris Durham. I know very little about this kid, but he apparently played pretty well in week 4, catching 3 passes for 58 yards and just a yard shy of a score.

6'6" 216 pound WR. dont know about his speed or abilities after the catch. Drafted 4th rd in 2011. Apparently was college buddies with stafford so they have a good rapport. What do people know about him? good dynasty stash?

http://espn.go.com/blog/detroit-lions/post/_/id/1332/kris-durham-waited-for-his-turn-in-detroit

I found this scouting report:

Biography: Kristopher Durham is a big reason why Calhoun High School went 12-1 last season. The 6-5 and 190 pound receiver had 35 catches for 748 yards and nine touchdowns as a junior.

Scout Report:
A huge target with soft hands, Durham runs good routes and rarely drops a pass. He has more than enough speed, and he will only get better as he continues to get bigger and stronger and learns to use his tremendous size advantage more and more.

With Confidence and Time, Kris Durham Can Become Difference Maker for Detroit Lions’ Offense

October 1st, 2013 at 11:05 AM

By Max DeMara

Most people probably figure that the tallest wide receiver in theNFL belongs to the Detroit Lions, but they likely can't accurately peg who it is. Surprisingly, it's not "Megatron" Calvin Johnson, but 6'6" Kris Durham, his littler-known yet bigger offensive running mate. Just call him "Makeshift."

Makeshift, of course, refers to a lesser-known Decepticon spy, who according to internet descriptors of all things Transformers, processes the rare ability to take any form and is a shifter. Despite his sometimes villainous roles, Makeshift also is said to be very selfless, helping others without concern for himself, with greater than average strength and endurance.

That sounds suspiciously like Durham, a player Jim Schwartzadmires greatly for his interchangeable role on the team and ability to fit in no matter what he's asked to do. "Durham has great size, good hands and is a reliable catcher of the ball," Schwartz said Monday. Sunday against Chicago, not only did Durham haul in three passes for 58 yards including a clutch third down reception in the red zone in which he nearly scored, he recovered two onside kicks late, taking a massive hit on his final recovery.

"He wasn't a forgotten man as far as our team," Schwartz added, regarding Durham's game and somewhat overlooked impact. "He stepped up in some crucial times in that game and made some crucial catches. I think his biggest play was getting the onside kick."

Sunday's clutch performance was built on Durham's success a week before against Washington, in which he was targeted three times, hauling in one pass and confidently striding down the field for a 33 yard gain. As Durham gets more targets while making more catches, expect his numbers to improve further given his famous collegiate comfort with former Georgia teammateMatthew Stafford. Sunday, Stafford seemed to look for Durham over the middle when he needed sure yardage and catches, which was a step in the right direction toward assuring Makeshift a bigger statistical impact. Meanwhile, he'll continue to impact the game in other ways, including on special teams.

Where and when might Durham's quiet in-game transformation continue? How about this Sunday against the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field. Late last season, Detroit's last game at Lambeau was the site of Durham's first coming out party, as the tall wide receiver grabbed four passes for 54 yards, nearly helping in an upset. This season, with Reggie Bush assisting the offense on the ground and Johnson healthy, Durham could see more open field as teams overlook him in favor of covering Detroit's other big name targets. As a result, Durham's play could begin to look suspiciously like Megatron's.

Without Nate Burleson, who famously dubbed himself "Recepticon" in the past, the Lions need to find another running mate for Megatron. Very quietly, "Makeshift" Durham is transforming himself into a nice mix of the supernatural wide receiving running mates he competes along side every day.

Max DeMara is the managing editor of Lions 101. You can find him on this site's Twitter @detroitlions101

:blackdot: I just picked him up for the minimum salary in my deepest dynasty league and am planning on starting him over Heyward-Bey this weekend with Austin Miles questionable...

:blackdot: I just picked him up for the minimum salary in my deepest dynasty league and am planning on starting him over Heyward-Bey this weekend with Austin Miles questionable...
Patrick edwards is back this week and supposedly they are going to split snaps at that outside spot opposite calvin...

That said, edwards is tiny and hasn't done squat yet this year. I think Durham has a shot to make some serious noise this week against the packers and potentially secure himself a permanent spot in the starting lineup and put himself squarely on the fantasy radar even in redraft leagues.

definite pick up and hold but I think they like Boyles better. Thinking that him and Edwards may cancel each other out

As a Lions fan and a realest, he doesn't pass the eyeball test. Slow as molasses, not the surest of hands, and his routes leave quite a bit to be desired. His size is a nice attribute and the only reason he comes down with the ball most of the time because he always has someone draped all over him due to his inability to get separation.

He's a nice red zone jump ball guy but when you have guys like CJ and that rookie TE Fauria available for that, I don't see much value here. He's NFL bench fodder who the Lions will be looking to upgrade from every chance they get.

As a Lions fan and a realest, he doesn't pass the eyeball test. Slow as molasses, not the surest of hands, and his routes leave quite a bit to be desired. His size is a nice attribute and the only reason he comes down with the ball most of the time because he always has someone draped all over him due to his inability to get separation.

He's a nice red zone jump ball guy but when you have guys like CJ and that rookie TE Fauria available for that, I don't see much value here. He's NFL bench fodder who the Lions will be looking to upgrade from every chance they get.
It's quite possible that he will never excel at the nfl level. I mean, why else would a wr with his physical attributes go largely unnoticed if he didn't kind of suck until now lol

The lions players and coaches seem to be pretty happy with him though. Last week he was very close to 60 yards and a td. Had he scored he might have been more talked about as a waiver add. Tomorrow he plays GB in what should be a shoutout. If his involvement in the offense doesn't grow tomorrow then my excitement about him will waiver.

We will see.

It's quite possible that he will never excel at the nfl level. I mean, why else would a wr with his physical attributes go largely unnoticed if he didn't kind of suck until now lol The lions players and coaches seem to be pretty happy with him though. Last week he was very close to 60 yards and a td. Had he scored he might have been more talked about as a waiver add. Tomorrow he plays GB in what should be a shoutout. If his involvement in the offense doesn't grow tomorrow then my excitement about him will waiver.

We will see.
with Edwards returning we will find out which one is worth a spot. Worth holding until then

It's quite possible that he will never excel at the nfl level. I mean, why else would a wr with his physical attributes go largely unnoticed if he didn't kind of suck until now lol The lions players and coaches seem to be pretty happy with him though. Last week he was very close to 60 yards and a td. Had he scored he might have been more talked about as a waiver add. Tomorrow he plays GB in what should be a shoutout. If his involvement in the offense doesn't grow tomorrow then my excitement about him will waiver.

We will see.
with Edwards returning we will find out which one is worth a spot. Worth holding until then
Edwards provides what they really need which is just pure stretch the defense out speed. His hands are suspect as well but I think he`s more valuable to this offense. He`s just got to stay on the field.

Last edited by a moderator:

It's quite possible that he will never excel at the nfl level. I mean, why else would a wr with his physical attributes go largely unnoticed if he didn't kind of suck until now lolThe lions players and coaches seem to be pretty happy with him though. Last week he was very close to 60 yards and a td. Had he scored he might have been more talked about as a waiver add. Tomorrow he plays GB in what should be a shoutout. If his involvement in the offense doesn't grow tomorrow then my excitement about him will waiver.

We will see.
Edwards provides what they really need which is just pure stretch the defense out speed. His hands are suspect as well but I think he`s more valuable to this offense. He`s just got to stay on the field.
:goodposting:

sig.jpg

Honkeytron has intrigued for a couple years now, but he shows flashes then disappears.

Between Broyles, Edwards and him you'd think one would stand out, but it's not happening

yet, and watching a lot of Lions games I truly have no idea which one it "might" happen with.

Honkeytron has intrigued for a couple years now, but he shows flashes then disappears.

Between Broyles, Edwards and him you'd think one would stand out, but it's not happening

yet, and watching a lot of Lions games I truly have no idea which one it "might" happen with.
:lmao:

1) I lol'd at your nickname for Durham but friendly advice for you: keep your posts clean and especially free of racial slurs. There are board members who are quick to report that and fbg seems to have a one strike suspension policy. I got suspended for a week last season for an innocent joke about another player.

2) he has only been in the lions active roster since December 2012 if I'm not mistaken. Last year when he was activated from Tye practice squad he barely knew the Playbook and effectively was a nervous rookie. On Cecil lammey's mist recent radio show (in the last 1:30) he discusses Durham and points to how stafford lobbied hard to get him into the lineup. Stafford really likes him. Cecil thinks Durham is the guy to own as a sleeper wr2 breakout for the lions not Broyles.

1) I lol'd at your nickname for Durham but friendly advice for you: keep your posts clean and especially free of racial slurs. There are board members who are quick to report that and fbg seems to have a one strike suspension policy. I got suspended for a week last season for an innocent joke about another player. 2) he has only been in the lions active roster since December 2012 if I'm not mistaken. Last year when he was activated from Tye practice squad he barely knew the Playbook and effectively was a nervous rookie. On Cecil lammey's mist recent radio show (in the last 1:30) he discusses Durham and points to how stafford lobbied hard to get him into the lineup. Stafford really likes him. Cecil thinks Durham is the guy to own as a sleeper wr2 breakout for the lions not Broyles.
I wouldn`t read too much into Staff`s comments about Durham. The only reason he`s on the team was out of injury desperation last year and Stafford did an old Georgia Bulldog friend a favor by dropping his name. The brass tax of it all is that he`s a situational player at best.

Edwards lacks his size but he has talent - reportedly runs a 4.34 when healthy (which he wasn't for his pro day workout or the first month of this season. I own both but wait n see for now

Might want to check Megatron's history of GTD production. If he's upright he's gonna get his, and this is crucial division game.

I am curious how Ogletree fits into this now, he is a similar player to Burleson, in mho he sucks, but the Lions picked him up quick and he clearly has more experience than Durham. Just wondering if he somehow monkey wrenches everyone else by getting in and catching a few and keeps everyone else from a decent game. (Except Megatron of course)

with Calvin out I'm going to put Durham in, should get targets and my other options are Pead, Snelling, Sean McGrath and Eifert. Out of that group Durham has the best chance to find the endzone

I'm all in today. 3 leagues. Starting Durham over powell, Blackmon, and Stephen hill.

Should be a high scoring game and e should be very involved.

with Calvin out I'm going to put Durham in, should get targets and my other options are Pead, Snelling, Sean McGrath and Eifert. Out of that group Durham has the best chance to find the endzo

Futz said:
rickyg said:
kegger said:

1) I lol'd at your nickname for Durham but friendly advice for you: keep your posts clean and especially free of racial slurs. There are board members who are quick to report that and fbg seems to have a one strike suspension policy. I got suspended for a week last season for an innocent joke about another player.2) he has only been in the lions active roster since December 2012 if I'm not mistaken. Last year when he was activated from Tye practice squad he barely knew the Playbook and effectively was a nervous rookie. On Cecil lammey's mist recent radio show (in the last 1:30) he discusses Durham and points to how stafford lobbied hard to get him into the lineup. Stafford really likes him. Cecil thinks Durham is the guy to own as a sleeper wr2 breakout for the lions not Broyles.
I wouldn`t read too much into Staff`s comments about Durham. The only reason he`s on the team was out of injury desperation last year and Stafford did an old Georgia Bulldog friend a favor by dropping his name. The brass tax of it all is that he`s a situational player at best.
We appear to officially have a situation here.

with Calvin out I'm going to put Durham in, should get targets and my other options are Pead, Snelling, Sean McGrath and Eifert. Out of that group Durham has the best chance to find the endzone
I disagree, I would go with McGrath personally, Fasano and Kelce are both out and I think Smith has a fairly consistent record of throwing to the TE, and McGrath has caught all of his targets the past 2 weeks. 9 out 9 including a TD last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, talk me out of starting Durham over roddy white Monday. Roddy had a setback, have Harry Douglas as well as option

Nothing awe inspiring but considering that the entire Detroit offense struggled and he ha the best game of all the wrs I'll take it.

So Calvin may come down to being a GTD again this week.

Durham saw the most snaps (99%) and targets (8) among st all DET WRs last week. FWI..

Snap %

Durham - 99%

Edwards - 87%

Broyles - 40%

Targets

Durham - 8

Edwards - 5

Broyles - 2

Assuming Calvin didn't go again, would Durham be flex worthy vs. CLE? CLE has defended against the pass well this year.

Cutting him, he was about to finish w/ a 2 for 15 stat until the garbage TD. Thanks for the TD bud but I got to move on.

stat line looks nice today...anyone watching the game? how does he look? still making mental errors and drops? Looks like stafford is looking for him.

stat line looks nice today...anyone watching the game? how does he look? still making mental errors and drops? Looks like stafford is looking for him.
He's looked really good all game, although he had 1 or 2 drops. Kind of reminding me of Brandon Lloyd.

Funny, rotowire panned Durham and repeated that he plays like "replacement level talent".

Then this from FBG:

DET - Kris Durham has career day - Sun Oct 13, 11:03 PM

Detroit Lions WR Kris Durham had a career-high eight receptions for 83 yards in the Week 6 game against the Cleveland Browns. 'I'm definitely getting a rhythm,' Durham said Sunday, Oct. 13. 'I've been working a lot more with (QB Matthew Stafford) the last couple of weeks, so I am starting to get more of a rhythm with him.' Stafford said Durham was targeted 13 times because the receiver was 'winning his matchups.'

What does this news tell you? Durham had already replaced Patrick Edwards as the starter opposite Calvin but this news makes him een more intriguing. Doesn't look like he is going back to the bench anytime soon.

DET - Patrick Edwards released - Mon Oct 14, 05:03 PM

The Detroit Lions released WR Patrick Edwards Monday, Oct. 14.

Could be clearing some room for someone else. Multiple daily flights between LaGuardia and Detroit, I'd imagine? :)

But yeah - this is probably a good sign for Durham.

Users who are viewing this thread