What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kubiak offers Mike Sherman a gig (1 Viewer)

From the Houston Chronicle:

"While Kubiak tries to decide his next move with his defensive coordinator, he should soon find out if former Green Bay head coach Mike Sherman will accept his offer to become assistant head coach/offensive line."

Apparently Kubiak coached RBs for Texas A&M when Sherman was the line coach.

Also, from that article, the current HOU coaching info:

"Although nothing official has been announced and won't be before next week, part of Kubiak's staff will be Troy Calhoun (offensive coordinator, quarterbacks); Kyle Shanahan (receivers); Brian Pariani (tight ends); David Diaz-Infante (assistant offensive line); Jon Hoke (defensive backs); and Joe Marciano (special teams)."

"While Kubiak tries to decide his next move with his defensive coordinator, he should soon find out if former Green Bay head coach Mike Sherman will accept his offer to become assistant head coach/offensive line."

"Although nothing official has been announced and won't be before next week, part of Kubiak's staff will be Troy Calhoun (offensive coordinator, quarterbacks); Kyle Shanahan (receivers); Brian Pariani (tight ends); David Diaz-Infante (assistant offensive line); Jon Hoke (defensive backs); and Joe Marciano (special teams)."
From the penthouse in Green bay to being Kubiak's ##### for the 2006 season...fitting.

From the penthouse in Green bay to being Kubiak's ##### for the 2006 season...fitting.
Can you say: Beeyotch slap from reality? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the Texans leave Sherman alone............Green Bay would still have to pay him. :excited: I think I'd like to see Martz as the OC instead of Sherman if worse came to worse.

I hope the Texans leave Sherman alone............Green Bay would still have to pay him. :excited:

I think I'd like to see Martz as the OC instead of Sherman if worse came to worse.
I can understand that, but Martz probably doesn't jive too well with the Broncos-style philosophy of Kubiak. Martz: "Throw."

Kubiak: "Run."

Martz: "Throw!"

Martz: "Throw!!"

kubiak: "You're fired."

Just went out over the tape: it's official. He accepted the offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the Texans leave Sherman alone............Green Bay would still have to pay him. :excited:

I think I'd like to see Martz as the OC instead of Sherman if worse came to worse.
I can understand that, but Martz probably doesn't jive too well with the Broncos-style philosophy of Kubiak. Martz: "Throw."

Martz: "Throw!"

Martz: "Throw!!"

kubiak: "You're fired."
oooh.... new sig-line

"Given his strong track record, most league observers were surprised that Sherman did not land one of the head coach spots that became available after the '05 season. It seems that he was victimized by the trend toward hiring first-time head coaches and, perhaps, by the compensation level he enjoyed under his Green Bay contract."

Yeah, either that or they realized Favre has been carrying his ### the last five years.

"Given his strong track record, most league observers were surprised that Sherman did not land one of the head coach spots that became available after the '05 season. It seems that he was victimized by the trend toward hiring first-time head coaches and, perhaps, by the compensation level he enjoyed under his Green Bay contract."

Yeah, either that or they realized Favre has been carrying his ### the last five years.
Is that why Favre threw so many INTs, he was carryign around an extra a##?

Is that why Favre threw so many INTs, he was carryign around an extra a##?
Did you watch any football prior to this season?

While I'm no Sherman fan, I have to admit he put together an oustanding running game in 2003 when Favre broke his thumb. Again, say what you want, but Sherman carried Favre the one season they almost made the NFC Championship...

Users who are viewing this thread