What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

L. Bell trade (1 Viewer)

rippee55

Footballguy
I'm in a 10 league where we keep 3 players each year.  I went into the year with Gurley & L. Bell as my RB tandem and AJ Green my other keeper.  Obviously Bell's holdout has been problematic.  I've been able to tread water with M. Ingram and other Rbs to help.  I've always held out for the playoffs to run roughshod with my tandem of Gurley and Bell.  However, I'm having some doubts about how good Bell will be without having played this long.  Also, Conner's emergence suggests that Bell won't get all the touches.  Conner has also started me thinking that maybe Bell isn't as good as thought and maybe it's the Steelers O-line.  This has me wondering if his landing spot in free agency will come with the same production that we've seen in the past.  So, I've started to explore trade opportunities.  I'm thinking of offering Bell & Golladay or Ridley for Deandre Hopkins and Nick Chubb.  This would give me Gurley & Ingram/Chubb + Hopkins & Green for starters vs holding out for Gurley & Bell + Green & Cooks/Golladay/Ridley.  I'm trying to balance winning for this year with the future because I can keep 3 guys still.  So keepers could be Gurley, Bell, Green/Ingram/Cooks vs Gurley, Hopkins, Chubb.  I'm really struggling with the decision to pull this trigger and could use some other thoughts on making such a deal (or standing pat).

I think it would be a good move. Bell will be playing elsewhere next year and will more than likely play in a worse offense plus he is also getting older. 

I'm in a 10 league where we keep 3 players each year.  I went into the year with Gurley & L. Bell as my RB tandem and AJ Green my other keeper.  Obviously Bell's holdout has been problematic.  I've been able to tread water with M. Ingram and other Rbs to help.  I've always held out for the playoffs to run roughshod with my tandem of Gurley and Bell.  However, I'm having some doubts about how good Bell will be without having played this long.  Also, Conner's emergence suggests that Bell won't get all the touches.  Conner has also started me thinking that maybe Bell isn't as good as thought and maybe it's the Steelers O-line.  This has me wondering if his landing spot in free agency will come with the same production that we've seen in the past.  So, I've started to explore trade opportunities.  I'm thinking of offering Bell & Golladay or Ridley for Deandre Hopkins and Nick Chubb.  This would give me Gurley & Ingram/Chubb + Hopkins & Green for starters vs holding out for Gurley & Bell + Green & Cooks/Golladay/Ridley.  I'm trying to balance winning for this year with the future because I can keep 3 guys still.  So keepers could be Gurley, Bell, Green/Ingram/Cooks vs Gurley, Hopkins, Chubb.  I'm really struggling with the decision to pull this trigger and could use some other thoughts on making such a deal (or standing pat).
I don't see anybody that owns Hopkins/Chubb even remotely close to accepting that offer.  It's great to try and trade Bell but I don't think this offer is anything close to a reasonable offer.  If he accepts that offer I would thank my lucky stars.

Bell's value is severely depressed and you most likely will not be able to get a huge return for him at this point. 

Users who are viewing this thread