What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Laboy signs with Cards (1 Viewer)

duece2626

Footballguy
Cardinals | Team signs T. LaBoy

Tue, 4 Mar 2008 07:37:29 -0800

The Arizona Cardinals announced Tuesday, March 4, that they have signed free-agent DL Travis LaBoy (Titans) to a five-year contract. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Per KFFL

Will he battle Berry to start, or is he foreseen as a backup?
For the money he got I would think they expect him to start. Berry can't be counted on as any more than a spot starter and part of a rotation due to so many injuries the past few years. It might not be a bad thing having Laboy, Okeafor and Berry rotating to keep them all fresh.ETA - I wouldn't count on any of those three to be worth much of anything from a fantasy perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't see much value here -- unless he shows something he's never shown before, he's rosterable only in big play leagues and only as a backup there. Okeafor is the only OLB on the roster worth watching.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flying under the radar is the breakdown of LaBoy's contract. Essentially, he's playing under a 2-year "show me" deal. His $7.5mm in guarantees is backed by a $750k contract in '08 and $2mm deal in '09. His contract quickly balloons to $3.5mm, $4mm and $4.5mm over the remaining three years.

Much like in TEN, I would assume LaBoy is in a 3-man rotation (with Berry and Okeafor). Berry isn't going anywhere...he's already restructured his deal. There is an outside chance Okeafor is shown his walking papers.

Users who are viewing this thread