What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lacy or Bell? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzcut

Footballguy
I have the #1 rookie pick in a dynasty TD heavy league. Rb is by far the most important position in the league to fill. I have decided I will pick either Bell or Lacy. Tell me who to pick and justify your response. 6 points for TDs and 1 point every 20 yds.

I think this may be a cleverly designed team management question.

Can't go wrong with either guy, based on what we know at the moment.

I am debating this same question...my plan is to take Bell or Lacy as my number two RB to allow me to snag a couple of top WRs or Jimmy Graham.

Both have been dinged up some this preseason. I think Bell has less competition in the backfield than Lacy. I also think Bell has an edge in that Green Bay throws a ton and spreads the ball around. We have now seen Lacy look very good in a game, and we haven't yet seen Bell.

I think if I see Bell come out and look good for Pitt before I draft I would lean toward Bell, otherwise Lacy has the edge.

This should probably be in the Assistant Coach forum, but this question has a very easy answer. Take the more talented back in the more dangerous offense, who is: Eddie Lacy.

This should probably be in the Assistant Coach forum, but this question has a very easy answer. Take the more talented back in the more dangerous offense, who is: Eddie Lacy.
Agree. Also, was mentioned above about packers throwing so much. They do but let's not think of the steelers as a three yards and a cloud of dust team these day. They throw their fair share also

This is going to heat up big time after tomorrow night. The Redskins defense will most likely make Bell look incredible in his debut.

Yeah.

I'd still give Bell the edge right now. Lacy is flying up my board this week though.
Guys, there isn't a player related topic on the boards that isn't a team management question. We get on these boards so we can manage our teams better. How many of us would be on these boards if we weren't in a fantasy league?

It doesn't really matter if he's looking at Lacy or Bell at his 1.01 pick. Lacy versus Bell as the top rookie RB is a valid question across all leagues. How is that significantly different than asking whether ADP, Martin or Foster is the #1 RB in PPR? Or asking whether Rodgers, Brees or Manning should be the first QB taken?

Player versus player questions are relavent to everyone this time of year because everyone in redraft leagues implicitly faces that exact same question when their pick is up and they are on the clock.

Yeah.

I'd still give Bell the edge right now. Lacy is flying up my board this week though.
Guys, there isn't a player related topic on the boards that isn't a team management question. We get on these boards so we can manage our teams better. How many of us would be on these boards if we weren't in a fantasy league?

It doesn't really matter if he's looking at Lacy or Bell at his 1.01 pick. Lacy versus Bell as the top rookie RB is a valid question across all leagues. How is that significantly different than asking whether ADP, Martin or Foster is the #1 RB in PPR? Or asking whether Rodgers, Brees or Manning should be the first QB taken?

Player versus player questions are relavent to everyone this time of year because everyone in redraft leagues implicitly faces that exact same question when their pick is up and they are on the clock.
I don't mind it. This question is pretty relevant to me too. Both of these guys look like they are going to get a lot of work.

It's a very valid post. Of course, the truth is no one knows the answer. Both backs are in similar situations. Both of them are power runners with a smaller speedy guy pushing them for some of their reps. Both play on pass-happy teams that throw a lot in the red zone. Both are second round picks with good, but not great, talent. I think early on in the season Lacy is the better pick. I think come December Ball will have clenched the job and get a lot of goal line carries. Overall, I'd go with Ball. But only by a small margin.

It's a very valid post. Of course, the truth is no one knows the answer. Both backs are in similar situations. Both of them are power runners with a smaller speedy guy pushing them for some of their reps. Both play on pass-happy teams that throw a lot in the red zone. Both are second round picks with good, but not great, talent. I think early on in the season Lacy is the better pick. I think come December Ball will have clenched the job and get a lot of goal line carries. Overall, I'd go with Ball. But only by a small margin.
You are talking about Montee Ball, the thread is about Bell/Lacy.

You are talking about Montee Ball, the thread is about Bell/Lacy.
Yeah, my bad. Somehow saw Ball in the thread title. I like Lacy over BELL, for what it's worth.

Yeah.

I don't mind it. This question is pretty relevant to me too. Both of these guys look like they are going to get a lot of work.
Ideally, you'd just like the subterfuge to be a little more subtle than, "tell me who to pick."

Bell was drafted before Lacy...so he's better.
That's not necessarily the case. From what I read, the Steelers were scared off by Lacy's toe issues so they drafted Bell. The Packers were not scared off by that and drafted Lacy. Who is better, or let's say more accurately "who has more raw NFL talent", isn't always strictly about draft position. Also, team situation plays into their projected fantasy impact. I always use NFL draft position as a guide, it's critical to helping evaluate talent because it lets you know what the professional scouts thought about each player, but you have to weigh other factors as well.

For me, I want to see Bell run in a pre-season game before making a determination. If I had to draft now I'd take Bell first, but that may change by the time pre-season is done.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not necessarily the case. From what I read, the Steelers were scared off by Lacy's toe issues so they drafted Bell. The Packers were not scared off by that and drafted Lacy. Who is better, or let's say more accurately "who has more raw NFL talent", isn't always strictly about draft position. Also, team situation plays into their projected fantasy impact. I always use NFL draft position as a guide, it's critical to helping evaluate talent because it lets you know what the professional scouts thought about each player, but you have to weigh other factors as well.

For me, I want to see Bell run in a pre-season game before making a determination. If I had to draft now I'd take Bell first, but that may change by the time pre-season is done.
I think he was being facetious.

Lacy compares to a younger, slightly slower Lynch who isn't quite as good (but almost) in the passing game. I think he's going to be worth a third round pick this year when all is said and done. I'd take Lacy before Lamar Miller or David Wilson at this point, simply because I think both those backs are looking at a pretty serious timeshare. I don't doubt Wilson can do more with his touches, but I do think that Lacy's opportunity is far greater unless Brown gets hurt.

Ever since CJ's breakout season, people are throwing out some good NFL wisdom on running backs: the guy that can break tackles and gain an extra 1-2 yards after contact is probably a safer, more constitent producer than the back who will always go down (occasionaly backwards) on contact, but can easily break one for a td on every play.

Neither is a bad prototype for an NFL RB, but I think the bruiser back prototype has fallen out of favor. GB has been a microcosm of this with many fantasy ballers favoring Franklin originally because he is smaller, faster, and supposedly shiftier.

Lacy is a choice for the tortoise fantasy owner, not the hare.

Yeah.

Mine too. I have the #1 pick in an upcoming draft and was thinking of taking Bell even though I had Bell fall to me at #4 in another draft already. I just had Bell that much higher than Lacy. But now I've been hearing and seeing good things about Lacy and think I'll take him instead just so I have one of each between my leagues.

I think he was being facetious.
Ahh. Where the [whoosh over my head] emoticon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread