What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ladanian Tomlinson - Questionable (1 Viewer)

If Sproles has a bigger role, do you think he gets goal line carries?

Ugh! Need 2 TDs from one of them, sounds like Sproles would give the better chance as of 6:05 EST.

ESPN is reporting that, according to head coach Norv Turner, San Diego Chargers running back Ladainian Tomlinson cannot make hard cuts right now and will be limited tonight. Turner adds that he just does not look like his normal self right now.

If Sproles has a bigger role, do you think he gets goal line carries?Ugh! Need 2 TDs from one of them, sounds like Sproles would give the better chance as of 6:05 EST.
I can't imagine Sproles getting goal line carries. That doesn't mean he can't score, obviously (see last week) but I can't imagine seeing him in a short yardage situatuion, especially since the other backup RB is a converted fullback.

ya know, it IS LT, he has been working out for 3 days, I gotta go with the best. Sproles might have a great game, but I need TDs not yards.

LT can get 2 five yard TDs. Gotta go with the main man.

FWIW.

ya know, it IS LT, he has been working out for 3 days, I gotta go with the best. Sproles might have a great game, but I need TDs not yards.LT can get 2 five yard TDs. Gotta go with the main man.FWIW.
He has NO TDs this season. I mean, he will eventually, but given he has trouble cutting, has a good backup who can run for him, what are the chances this is the week that changes?

ya know, it IS LT, he has been working out for 3 days, I gotta go with the best. Sproles might have a great game, but I need TDs not yards.LT can get 2 five yard TDs. Gotta go with the main man.FWIW.
He has NO TDs this season. I mean, he will eventually, but given he has trouble cutting, has a good backup who can run for him, what are the chances this is the week that changes?
We shall see. They can limit carries, but put him in inside the 20 yard line.I think either way I lose. I hope he is good next week and the rest of the way.

We shall see. They can limit carries, but put him in inside the 20 yard line.I think either way I lose. I hope he is good next week and the rest of the way.
I mean, you want him on that field - but I would rather he get that toe right for the rest of the way. You never know though - he's active, anything can happen. I may be proven wrong by nights end.

From CBS:

Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson is active and expected to start Week 3 vs. N.Y. Jets, according to a San Diego official at Qualcomm Stadium. Tomlinson was questionable on the injury report because of a toe injury that has bothered him since Week 1. He has not yet missed a game, but only practiced in a limited role Friday. Darren Sproles would have started in Tomlinson's place had he not been able to dress.

(Updated 09/22/2008).

Fantasy Analysis

Tomlinson was pretty sure all week he would play since his toe felt better than it did leading up to Week 2 against the Broncos. Now, if he can only avoid re-injuring it during the game. L.T. has been somewhat disappointing here in the early season, but as long as he is active, he is usually a good start in Fantasy because he is a threat to score.

21 is warming up, running, catching some passes. Dressed in full gear.

43 was doing some stretching.

Both appear ready to play.

15 carries first half, and 1 so far in second half (despite worries of the toe stiffening up at half-time. GO LT!

9 yard catch LT. as I edit this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I benched LT...I played Sproles...lost by 4....I lost high points by 7...I wanna jump off a bridge
I did the same because of the "limited" reports. I won by anyway but could have used those extra points for tie-breakers later on in the season. No worries though and no bridges. I'm much happier to see LT play full-time than to get lucky with Sproles.

Users who are viewing this thread