What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lara Logan firing (1 Viewer)

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/lara-logan-cbs-news-1203142584/

the timing from her interview stating that 90% of all media is liberal and her firing is interesting...
Do you read what you post?

During this weekend’s podcast, Logan told conservative host Mike Ritland, a former Navy SEAL, that most media outlets skew liberal. “The media everywhere is mostly liberal, not just the U.S.,” she said, adding later that “This interview is professional suicide for me.”

A CBS News spokeswoman said Logan left the news unit at some point in 2018. Her last piece for CBS News appears to be a May segment for “60 Minutes” 

How does a podcast interview in February 2019 get someone fired in May of 2018?

This, is an example of trolling - not really having a coherent thought, but merely trying to evoke reactions.

Do you read what you post?

During this weekend’s podcast, Logan told conservative host Mike Ritland, a former Navy SEAL, that most media outlets skew liberal. “The media everywhere is mostly liberal, not just the U.S.,” she said, adding later that “This interview is professional suicide for me.”

A CBS News spokeswoman said Logan left the news unit at some point in 2018. Her last piece for CBS News appears to be a May segment for “60 Minutes” 

How does a podcast interview in February 2019 get someone fired in May of 2018?

This, is an example of trolling - not really having a coherent thought, but merely trying to evoke reactions.
So it’s just a coincidence she is fired now?.

As for who she is - most would probably know her as the journalist who was sexually assaulted in Egypt when reporting on Mubarak's resignation in 2011.

Can you read?

Do you read?

I am not seeing much evidence of either. 

The article you just posted, includes:

The comments prompted Stelter and Calderone to respond, noting that Logan and CBS severed ties.

“Lara Logan stopped working at CBS last year, but right-wing websites keep making it sound like she's still there,” Stelter tweeted Tuesday after Logan’s initial interview. “I guess they didn't fact-check.”

A spokesperson for CBS confirmed to the Washington Examiner that Logan departed the network in 2018, a disclosure first reported by Variety following her interview with Ritland.

As for who she is - most would probably know her as the journalist who was sexually assaulted in Egypt when reporting on Mubarak's resignation in 2011.
This is what I remember her for.  I think she's had a lot of problems, physical and likely mental as well in the subsequent years.  

“Lara Logan stopped working at CBS last year, but right-wing websites keep making it sound like she's still there,” Stelter tweeted Tuesday after Logan’s initial interview. “I guess they didn't fact-check.”

A spokesperson for CBS confirmed to the Washington Examiner that Logan departed the network in 2018, a disclosure first reported by Variety following her interview with Ritland.

The effort that probably will get him suspended..  ok. 
You seriously must either be doing 1 of 2 things. 1 working really hard to be this obtuse or 2 purposefully be trolling (and this might be the first time I’ve ever claimed this here of anyone for the record). 

This is directly from the article you linked (as was pointed out multiple times previously)...

“A spokesperson for CBS confirmed to the Washington Examiner that Logan departed the network in 2018, a disclosure first reported by Variety following her interview with Ritland.”

You seriously must either be doing 1 of 2 things. 1 working really hard to be this obtuse or 2 purposefully be trolling (and this might be the first time I’ve ever claimed this here of anyone for the record). 

This is directly from the article you linked (as was pointed out multiple times previously)...

“A spokesperson for CBS confirmed to the Washington Examiner that Logan departed the network in 2018, a disclosure first reported by Variety following her interview with Ritland.”
She was not officially fired until a few days after her interview indicating media 90% liberal.   

She was not officially fired until a few days after her interview indicating media 90% liberal.   
So you’re saying she was fired from a job she left and wasn’t working for since last year. OK.

Again the first paragraph of the first article you posted...

Lara Logan, the journalist who gained wider renown covering war-torn spots in the Middle East for CBS News, is no longer with the network and has not been for several months”

@stlrams maybe just share with us your complete thoughts on this. It might be more helpful for a conversation, if that's what you are looking for.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/lara-logan-cbs-news-1203142584/

the timing from her interview stating that 90% of all media is liberal and her firing is interesting...
Serious question here.  Let's pretend for a second that you understood how chronology worked and that Lara gave this interview before she was fired...wouldn't saying something so head-spinningly stupid as "90% of ALL media is liberal" publicly when you are employed as a news reporter for an objective news source like 60 Minutes be grounds for termination?  Not because of it being a scorching hot take but for being so ridiculously dumb.  90%????  Really? How is that even remotely possible?  Fox News, Breitbart, Sinclair, National Enquirer...are those not the media?  Or does she think they don't add up to 10%?

What a dumb thing to say.  

But maybe that’s what she was gunning for. It’s weird, I can’t remember a conservative story or take from Logan in all the time she was on the air.

Does the podcast identify her as a current or former employee of CBS, or does it mention her employment status at all?

A courageous and enterprising reporter who i've been a fan of since she covered the fall of Baghdad for CBS. She has not been the same reporter after she was stripped & dragged thru the streets by crowds while covering the Arab spring riots in Cairo. She did a wonderful job hiding her politics, if she had any, for a long time but her husband - a mover in the right-wing ops world and is rumored to have been behind the Benghazi report that almost got her fired from 60 Minutes five years ago - appears to have radicalized her. I saw her on Hannity and she appeared to be looking for a home there. Unfortunate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe Summer said:
Does the podcast identify her as a current or former employee of CBS, or does it mention her employment status at all?
She was introduced as a "60 Minutes correspondent" during some speeches late last year, and this interview from February 1 identified her as a current CBS employee.

She didn’t get fired for going after the liberal media. 

She went after the “liberal media” after she got fired. 

She’s an on-air correspondent. Go find anything she’s done for CBS in the last six months.  Literally anything. 

Users who are viewing this thread