What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Last pre-draft Mock (1 Viewer)

Z-Dog

Footballguy
1. Houston - Reggie Bush, RB. I'm not buying the Williams story. Bush has to be the pick.

2. New Orleans - D'Brickshaw Ferguson, OT. Though not a sexy pick, there are plenty who believe that the is BPA at this point. A simliar thing happened with Orlando Pace, who was ranked a bit lower down, but became the #1 overall pick.

3. Tennessee - Matt Leinart, QB. I guess I find it hard to believe that Norm Chow isn't going to be given Leinert. Chow's presence makes Leinart a less risky proposition for TENN, even if Young is very appealing.

4. New York Jets - Mario Williams DE [was Vince Young]. The Richard Seymour comparisons have convinced me, as has the less-than-complete diligence on Vince Young. I think he's outside of the Jets top-10.

5. Green Bay - Vernon Davis TE [was Mario Williams] With Walker to be traded, and Driver also possibly gone, but Brett Favre back, I think this team takes Davis for offensive firepower over AJ Hawk

6. San Francisco - AJ Hawk LB. The 49ers have lots of needs, and LB is one of them. A no-brainer pick here.

7. Oakland - Vince Young QB [was Haloi Ngata]. I try not to listen to the noise so much, but VY really strikes me as an Al Davis sort of player, and if he's just sitting there at #7, Oakland will pounce on him.

8. Buffalo - Haloi Ngata DT [was Broderick Bunkley]. Pretty much have Buffalo going DT unless D'Brickshaw magically falls to them.

9. Detroit - Chad Greenway LB. I'm sticking to my guns here. Lots of people think Huff is the pick here, and that Greenway is not a top-10 talent. I disagree. Greenway was a top-10 prospect before the combine, and he had a slow 40 time which dropped him. I think he's higher on lots of draftboads than he is on most mocks.

10. Arizona - Michael Huff S/CB. [was Cutler] Arizona goes BPA, and at this point Huff is that. Not exactly a need position, but I'm higher on Huff than I was a few weeks ago, when I slotted him at #15.

11. St. Louis - Broderick Bunkley DT - Will step right in for Damione Lewis

12. Cleveland - Kamerion Wimbley, WLB. They would have loved Bunkley to slide one more spot, but they'll settle for Wimbley to revive the pass rush.

13. Baltimore - Winston Justice, OT. If this work out this way, I fully expect Baltimore to trade down, but this mock isn't accounting for that.

14. Eagles - Ernie Sims, LB. Philly will shuffle the LBs to allow Sims to play the weak side.

15. Denver - Chad Jackson, WR [was Huff]. With only one first-rounder, the Broncos take the best WR in the draft. Remember, they're trying to deal Lelie

16. Miami - Santonio Holmes, WR [was Jackson]. Are essentially indifferent between Holmes and Jackson

17. Minnesota - Jay Cutler [was Jimmy Williams]. After assessing the character concerns over Williams, the Vikings will steer clear and look to the future of the QB position

18. Dallas - Jimmy Williams S/CB [was Demarco Ryans]. Here's a team that isn't concerned about character, and which desperately needs a cover FS.

19. San Diego - Antonio Cromartie, CB [was S.Holmes] With the only WR they would have cared for off the board, SD addresses its needs in coverage. Take that Quentin Jammer!

20. Kansas City [was Cromartie]- Mathias Kiawanuka, DE - KC helps the secondary by feeding the pass rush. With a deep CB pool, they hope to get help in a later round.

21. New England - DeAngelo Williams RB. I don't know if NE will really take an RB in the first round, I just like him more than any of the gaggle of LBs and CBs remaining.

22. San Franciso - Manny Lawson, LB/DE [was Denver's pick, Kiawanuka]. SF traded to #22 to be a part of the LB and CB party at the bottom third of the round. Lawson is a great fit, a classic 3-4 WLB.

23. Tampa - Tye Hill, CB - Another high-upside corner for a team with no depth at corner

24. Cincinnati - Tamba Hali, DE - Slow 40 time, but is a great fit as a secondary pass-rusher opposite Smith.

25. New York Giants - Ashton Youboty, DB [was Bobby Carpenter] - Could be Joseph, Whitner or a few others too, but it will be a DB

26. Chicago - DeMeco Ryans LB [was Joseph]. Frankly, I'm as surprised as anyone else that this guy is available

27. Carolina - Laurence Maroney, RB - This team is suddenly very thin at RB

28. Jacksonville - Jason Allen, DB [was Thomas Howard] I see Howard slipping into round 2, and this Volunteer prospect is a good fit for Jax

29. New York Jets - Bobby Carpenter, LB. [was Manny Lawson] Another versatile defensive back for Mangini's hybrid schemes. And he's got local roots.

30. Indianapolis - Roger McIntosh, LB - Some see an RB here, but neither White nor Addai are a good fit, so Indy chooses D.

31. Seattle - Davin Joseph, OG - He'll have to step in for Hutch

32. Pittsburgh - Sinorice Moss, WR - He'll fill in a lot of the roles that Randle El filled, and will stretch the field.

Users who are viewing this thread