What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Last year for "rival" games? (1 Viewer)

Wrigley

Footballguy
MLB looking to revamp 2013 schedule.....no more Yanks/Mets Cubs/Sux

link

HOUSTON -- Major League Baseball is working on a scheduling reconfiguration for the 2013 season and beyond that likely will eliminate the Mets and Yankees as well as other "natural rivals" playing home-and-home, six-game series annually, baseball sources told ESPNNewYork.com.

With the Houston Astros moving to the American League West next season and the leagues becoming balanced at 15 teams apiece, natural rivals throughout baseball no longer will be guaranteed six games a season and home-and-home series, the sources said.

That goes for obvious inner-city rivals such as Mets-Yankees and Cubs-White Sox, as well as for more-forced natural rivals such as the San Diego Padres and Seattle Mariners.
About time

I don't mind losing the "rivarly" games given that you're only talking about half of the teams that got the full benefit

Yanks-Mets

A's-Giants

Cubs-Chisox

Dodgers-LAAA

Houston-Texas(nullified)

Cards-Royals

DC-Baltimore

Philly was orphaned out of possible good rivalaries with the NYY or O's

But that said, this slate is ATTROCIOUS. Everyday innerleague sucks, bottom line. The fact you can open your season or close your season for the pennant with this set is a joke.

I'm guessing it boils down to the league and players not getting together on the DH situation. Why would the players care about the "competitive balance". The leagues have ALWAYS been imbalanced. I'm sure they wanted the 16 team league to be the AL though if we were unbalanced for two extra DH jobs. To let this fracture what baseball has been about for years is ridiculous

Good. I liked our "rival" games with Cleveland, but it isn't worth it to see the Cards get 6 against KC every year.

This isn't the NFL where teams move up and down constantly. Some teams get a clear edge playing teams that are inferior every year.

It just sounds like theyre gonna eliminate the two 3 game series and change it to one 3 game series.

Where was this in 2007 and 2008 when the Mets missed out on the playoffs by a game and had to play the Yankees six times? Who did the Phillies and Brewers (in 08) have to play six times? The Orioles and Royals?

Users who are viewing this thread