What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Late Round WR Lottery Tickets (1 Viewer)

MissionCoach

Footballguy
My Last draft is going into the late rounds. I'm trying to compile a list of late round redraft WR's that could turn into FF gold.

My top targets so far:

Andre Roberts/ARI - Michael Floyd seems like the wise choice on the opposite side of Fitz, but Roberts could be a nice PPR play in the slot.

Quinton Patton/SF - Patton's been cleared to play and could be WR #2 opposite bOLDin.

Mohamed Sanu/Cincy - Sanu was looking good last season before he got hurt, could be a good sleeper pickup.

Who you got???

It's looking pretty bleak.

There's almost always a rookie WR or two who makes some waves. With that in mind, maybe Patton is a good shout. The opportunity is there for him.

I like Roberts and Floyd if you can get them very late. Maybe an Oakland WR is worth a shot, though the player I like there is the TE Ausberry.

Santonio Holmes is another player I would consider deep in the draft. At this point we know what he is. For one reason or another, he ALWAYS seems to disappoint. Nevertheless, he's a 1000+ yard receiver on talent and could have WR3 value in FF leagues if someone can get him the ball and he can stay healthy/motivated and.

For a comatose sleeper, maybe David Gettis in Carolina. Smith is ancient.

There's almost always a rookie WR or two who makes some waves. With that in mind, maybe Patton is a good shout. The opportunity is there for him.

I like Roberts and Floyd if you can get them very late. Maybe an Oakland WR is worth a shot, though the player I like there is the TE Ausberry.

Santonio Holmes is another player I would consider deep in the draft. At this point we know what he is. For one reason or another, he ALWAYS seems to disappoint. Nevertheless, he's a 1000+ yard receiver on talent and could have WR3 value in FF leagues if someone can get him the ball and he can stay healthy/motivated and.

That's a dead sleeper - he got cut.

Marlon Brown (BAL) - Does not look like an UDFA to me. BAL's WR corps lack talent/depth.

Markus Wheaton (PIT) - Has looked really good in preason action IMO. He seems more polished than your average rookie.

Kenny Stills (NO) - He's behind Graham, Colston, Sproles and likely even Moore in the pecking order but could obviously still hold value with Brees at the helm.

It does look rather bleak, however. Good thing rounds 6-8 are packed with value.

I just picked up Patrick Edwards, wr - Det. There is a thread in him started today. Could be good.

IF we're talking late rounds as in 12th or higher, I got Vincent Brown, Rueben Randle, Andre Roberts and Corderelle Patterson all 12 and beyond in my leagues. I also liked Michael Floyd, Aaron Dobson and Ryan Broyles as late gets with some potential.

That's a dead sleeper - he got cut.
Woops. Forgive me. Been out of town for a few days.

I have picked up Patton in two leagues with my last pick. I also like Thompkins in N.E. But the word is getting out on him, he may not be there late anymore.

Michael Floyd/Andre Roberts - If Donnie Avery can get ~800 yards receiving in this Bruce Arians offense, I expect each of them to be able to put up the same at least. One of them should be good for 900+ yards too, and likely quite a bit more than the 3 TDs that Donnie Avery was only able to manage.

Julian Edelman - Once Amendola's inevitably gets injured, Edelman should be good for some quality stats, especially in PPR leagues. Not to mention I'm not entirely convinced Amendola is a better player than Edelman anyway. Should be good for at least a 3-4 game stretch of WR2 numbers at some point in the season, with the possibility for more.

Marlon Brown - Don't know much about him to be honest, but I know Jacoby Jones and/or Brandon Stokely aren't the answer to be a starting wideout in the NFL, so Brown would seem to have a pretty great opportunity for himself. He looked pretty good in preseason too for whatever that's worth.

Josh Gordon/Justin Blackmon - Just basing this off my personal drafts, but people seem to be very afraid to draft these guys. 2-4 weeks suspensions really aren't that big of a deal, particularly when dealing with players of these 2's caliber; I'd definitely try to pickup these 2 guys late in drafts if possible.

Alshon Jeffrey - Guy's pretty talented, so he's got some pretty good upside for a late pick. Not entirely convinced he'll offer that much this year, but in the late rounds I'd rather take a shot on him than most other guys.

Reuben Randle - Talented kid, but I think Hakeem Nicks' injury woes are a little overrated (hasn't missed more than 3 games in a season) so I don't know how much opportunity he'll get to be a lottery ticket type, but he should make for a decent WR4 even without a Nicks injury so he's worth a roster spot imo.

seems like Marlon Brown is going basically undrafted but has a fairly good chance to be the wr 2 for baltimore. and pretty much in round 19-20 opportunity = upside = value for these guys

Justin Blackmon in the 11th/12th has been my play. By then you should have 3 WR's you are comfortable starting weeks 1 - 4, and once the byes start you get a possible/likely WR2 coming off of suspension to fill those. All 3 of my primary teams have some combination of Blackmon, Gordon, and Britt after the 8th rd. They all have immense upside, far more than most of the WR's going in that range, and are all my WR4/5/6 guys. If they bust, not a huge deal, they weren't counted on as starters, but if they hit.... they should lap the guys who were being drafted around them.

Ryan Spadola

Didn't have time before... edit to add:

I know the Jets situation is crappy but they should be behind playing catch up every game.

Santonio Holmes is coming off injury with no playing time and should be rusty and he is also a malcontent.

Stephen Hill was injury prone last year along with being a green route runner and unreliable hands

Jeremy Kerley had a decent season last year but is not an intimidating player.

and that is it...that is all that is in Spadola's way of serious playing time.

Spadola had a nice preseason and appears to know how to get open, has good hands, size (6'2"-215) and speed. He showed well at the combine and is said to be a hard worker.

It may all come to nothing but if Marlon Brown can be mentioned in this thread so should Spadola.

Last edited by a moderator:
Justin Blackmon in the 11th/12th has been my play. By then you should have 3 WR's you are comfortable starting weeks 1 - 4, and once the byes start you get a possible/likely WR2 coming off of suspension to fill those. All 3 of my primary teams have some combination of Blackmon, Gordon, and Britt after the 8th rd. They all have immense upside, far more than most of the WR's going in that range, and are all my WR4/5/6 guys. If they bust, not a huge deal, they weren't counted on as starters, but if they hit.... they should lap the guys who were being drafted around them.
if you have britt and blackmon, or gordon and blackmon. whichever combo. if those guys hit.. as long as your first 7 or 8 picks dont completely stink you should run away with the league

if you have britt and blackmon, or gordon and blackmon. whichever combo. if those guys hit.. as long as your first 7 or 8 picks dont completely stink you should run away with the league
That trio of WR's in that range convinced me to zig while everyone else is zagging. I have taken sliding elite QB's (Brees in the 3rd, Manning in the 5th) while everyone else is going with the deep QB theory. I typically wait on QB, but this year I see a ton of upside in building a pool of WR's from 8 - 12, mainly consisting of those above named guys. In doing that, I'm not taking more than 2 WR in the first 7 rounds, and snagging whichever QB seems to be sliding, or even getting in the Gronk sweepstakes. It's left me with WR groups of Marshall/Garcon/Britt/Blackmon/Hopkins/Hartline - DThomas/J.Nelson/Gordon/Britt/Blackmon/MiFloyd - Garcon/A.Brown/V.Brown/Gordon/Blackmon, but I was also able to get Manning, Brees, and Gronk respectively. This may be the consensus "wait on QB" year, but I see a lot of value in waiting on WR. This has also allowed me to snatch up 3 primary ball carriers for each team as well (Martin/Murray/Miller, TRich/CJ1.2K/Miller).

It's a lot of gamble at WR, but I like the odds.

I also like Patterson from the Vikings also and depending on your league he is gonna be returning kicks wont be surpised if he takes one to the house. Hes too talented to not be on the field. He will probably be better in standard leagues then ppr leagues as he will have a bunch of deep catches but not much else in the short game in my opinion then again I hope he does well as I have him on one of my teams

Dobson in NE ..... Thompkins is getting insane amounts of love early (and desereved0 but Dobson could be a much better late round value.

MissionCoach said:
Mohamed Sanu/Cincy - Sanu was looking good last season before he got hurt, could be a good sleeper pickup.
He's my #2 sleeper this year. I've been targeting him heavily.

For other WRs, I like Stills, Blackmon/Gordon (due to value), and Patterson.

If Manuel can stay healthy, I think Robert Woods has 700-800 yard potential. I think that's good enough for 12 or 14 team leagues at the end of drafts.

Brian Hartline got 1,083 yards on 131 Tannehill targets in 2012. With better WR options in 2013, Hartline won't get as many targets, but if Tannehill's accuracy improves, Hartline could come close to matching last year's numbers. Tannehill was way off target on several long passes that could've been TDs. Without Keller in the line-up, I think Hartline could match last year's 12 red-zone targets. 800 - 1,100 yards and 4-6 TDs is my projection.

I have DeAndre Hopkins in 3 out of 4 leagues. The concussion he got is making me super nervous, but I still think he has a lot of potential this year

I'm really considering dropping Cordarelle Patterson to pick up Marlon Brown. I'm thinking Ravens still haven't found anyone to play the anquan Boldin role in the offense and the kid is 6'5 strong and good hands

I'm really considering dropping Cordarelle Patterson to pick up Marlon Brown. I'm thinking Ravens still haven't found anyone to play the anquan Boldin role in the offense and the kid is 6'5 strong and good hands
Dropping Greg Little for him in my main redraft league. Been back and forth on it but I'll kick myself if he does well in the opener and I hadn't pulled the trigger.

Dropping Greg Little for him in my main redraft league. Been back and forth on it but I'll kick myself if he does well in the opener and I hadn't pulled the trigger.
Exactly plus once he does well his price will go up. I like Patterson I just don't think he'll get as much opportunity as Marlon Brown has in front of him. Living in baltimore it's interesting to note that Flacco went to the coaching staff in preseason and asked them to put Marlon Brown on the field with him

Ryan Spadola

I know the Jets situation is crappy but they should be behind playing catch up every game.

Santonio Holmes is coming off injury with no playing time and should be rusty and he is also a malcontent.

Stephen Hill was injury prone last year along with being a green route runner and unreliable hands

Spadola had a nice preseason and appears to know how to get open, has good hands, size (6'2"-215) and speed. He showed well at the combine and is said to be a hard worker.

It may all come to nothing but if Marlon Brown can be mentioned in this thread so should Spadola.
...and he's a Lehigh kid. :thumbup:

I would not drop Greg little or him. Marlon brown is a rookie. Anquan boldin, Marquez colston. And AJ green were exceptions to the rule but most of the time rookie wrs fall flat of expectations as they get up to speed on football at the nfl level. Greg little has disappointed this far but by all observations has had a strong camp, has gained weeden's trust, is in a norv turn offense,and is a 3rd year breakout candidate.

grabbed marlon brown in the 20th round..

grabbed patterson in the 15th... I think they both have potential to make plays and if they dont in week 1 or 2, can always drop them.

Is anyone starting Marlon Brown in a flex spot this week?

Wheaton was my late flier at WR....but now I'm really considering dropping him for Marlon Brown. That alone should make you all run to get Wheaton.

That trio of WR's in that range convinced me to zig while everyone else is zagging. I have taken sliding elite QB's (Brees in the 3rd, Manning in the 5th) while everyone else is going with the deep QB theory. I typically wait on QB, but this year I see a ton of upside in building a pool of WR's from 8 - 12, mainly consisting of those above named guys. In doing that, I'm not taking more than 2 WR in the first 7 rounds, and snagging whichever QB seems to be sliding, or even getting in the Gronk sweepstakes. It's left me with WR groups of Marshall/Garcon/Britt/Blackmon/Hopkins/Hartline - DThomas/J.Nelson/Gordon/Britt/Blackmon/MiFloyd - Garcon/A.Brown/V.Brown/Gordon/Blackmon, but I was also able to get Manning, Brees, and Gronk respectively. This may be the consensus "wait on QB" year, but I see a lot of value in waiting on WR. This has also allowed me to snatch up 3 primary ball carriers for each team as well (Martin/Murray/Miller, TRich/CJ1.2K/Miller).

I also went this route with Gordon/Britt/Blackmon being my wr3/wr4/wr5 on many of my squads. Though in a couple I paid the price in regards to rbs.

I also went this route with Gordon/Britt/Blackmon being my wr3/wr4/wr5 on many of my squads. Though in a couple I paid the price in regards to rbs.
the only way i would go with those 3 in that order is if i started

rb

rb

rb

wr

wr

rb

wr gordon 7th

wr britt 8th

qb

te

wr blackmon 11th

true if one of your rbs gets hurt your in trouble but if britt or gordon or blackmon play like a top 10 wr you have some trade leverage

Guys I think could be good values post 12th round (12 team leagues).

Holmes - rookies tend to lock in on #1 WR's their first season of starting.

Jefferys

McCluster

K. Wright

Ryan Spadola

...and he's a Lehigh kid. :thumbup:
Hey this article posted today sounds like I wrote it.

16. Ryan Spadola, WR, New York Jets

The New York Jets desperately need someone to step up at wide receiver, and that someone just may be undrafted rookie Ryan Spadola. The Lehigh product made a big impression this preseason and has a good shot to get on the field immediately on a weak wide receiver depth chart.

Spadola ranked third among NFL receivers this preseason in receptions (13) and receiving yards (216). He had no dropped passes and showed his ability as both an intermediate and deep target.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1761179-nfl-rookie-power-rankings-week-1#/articles/1761179-nfl-rookie-power-rankings-week-1/page/12

Reuben Randle is a true lottery pick. Good QB, excellent skills, and a division known for offensive shoot outs. He'll get on the field in 3 receiver sets, but if Cruz or Nicks go down, he could easily be a top 10 receiver. Of course, that's just one man's opinion!

Only had a couple redraft leagues but who I took was

Greg Little - Still has hands of stone but gets 2 weeks as WR1, could start off hot

Reuben Randle - Hoping for an injury but know he'll be startable if that happens

If we're talking no name players guys I like are

Marcus Easley - If none of the rookies are ready or if SJ gets hurt again

Patrick Edwards - Broyles health

Dwayne Harris - will have some out of nowhere big games, and be startable if one of the other WR is hurt

Only had a couple redraft leagues but who I took was

Greg Little - Still has hands of stone but gets 2 weeks as WR1, could start off hot

Reuben Randle - Hoping for an injury but know he'll be startable if that happens

If we're talking no name players guys I like are

Marcus Easley - If none of the rookies are ready or if SJ gets hurt again

Patrick Edwards - Broyles health

Dwayne Harris - will have some out of nowhere big games, and be startable if one of the other WR is hurt
If I were swinging for the fence with a Buffalo receiver, it would be Goodwin. He can do some things that nobody else in the league can do. His speed is ridiculous and he is freaky strong for his size. He also has much better hands than people thought. I don't know that he could ever put it all together, but I think he has more freaky athleticism than any other Buffalo receiver. I could see him as a Steve Smith 2.0

Might be just a coincidence but Pryor has found Streater often in preseason and his lone start last season vs San Diego. I am hoping the trend continues.

Users who are viewing this thread