What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Latest FBG music countdown of >800 artists - #2 The Rolling Stones, #1 The Allman Brothers Band (3 Viewers)

Black Crowes, Grateful Dead and the Allman Bro's are definitely in my top 5 as well, with the order changing based on moods.

I believe the Stones are the most overrated band in the history of music.
I believe Uncle Zen has poor taste in music.

Nah everyone has their own tastes and he obviously likes some great bands. If one doesn't resonate with him, that's ok. I could see why someone wouldn't like "Miss You," for instance. I like it and to me represents some of their brilliance that they can take such a different genre and make it their own so it still rocks. But if it annoys him, that's ok.

Thanks for all the recommendations throughout the thread, everyone. I think I have about 200-300 new songs to check out. Also came away with some changes to make to my current groups of playlists, and some ways to tweak the methodology if I ever decide to update it.

Whether I do that or not, I enjoyed the process.

Like I said, they have some good songs. Paint it Black, Gimme shelter, sympathy are all great tunes. I just don't think they would crack my top 50 and I believe they are overrated as a band.
You should try listening to these 4 albums:

Beggars Banquet
Let It Bleed
Sticky Fingers
Exile On Main Street

This period (around 1968-1972) represents the very best of the Stones. The deep cuts on these 4 albums (songs never played on the radio) are every bit as good as the hits, if not better. Try them out sometime,

Like I said, they have some good songs. Paint it Black, Gimme shelter, sympathy are all great tunes. I just don't think they would crack my top 50 and I believe they are overrated as a band.
You should try listening to these 4 albums:

Beggars Banquet
Let It Bleed
Sticky Fingers
Exile On Main Street

This period (around 1968-1972) represents the very best of the Stones. The deep cuts on these 4 albums (songs never played on the radio) are every bit as good as the hits, if not better. Try them out sometime,
It's pretty much the third best run of 4 albums, behind Zep and the Beatles, IMO. Great, great songs on there.

It was tongue in cheek. I’m a big Stones guy but to each his own.
I didn't take it serious so no worries!

Users who are viewing this thread